• Tiger Beat

• J-14

• M

• Bop

• Other (Please comment)

Results are only viewable after voting.

OnTheRoadAgain

DIS Veteran
Bait and switch:goodvibes. My daughter loves reading and I want to get her a subscription to one of those young girl magazines. What is the best magazine for tween-age girls?

I can't answer for sure, as I am very much not a tween anymore (even when I was that age the term "tween" didn't exist) and I do not have any tween girls in my house...... I can tell you that I she is most likely going to be thrilled with any of them. I don't think that I have ever heard of M or Bop, have heard of J-14 and I am pretty sure that I remember reading Tiger Beat. However, I know that I loved and even had a subscription to Seventeen. That one looks like a real magazine (as opposed to the other celebrity type mags that she likes) and it always made me feel so grown-up. You might check it out in the store before you order though just to make sure that it is not "too-adult" for her. :thumbsup2

Jernysgirl, thanks for your input. She is just finishing up 5th grade and is an avid reader (unlike her brother). And she just gravitates to those magazines at the store, so I was thinking of getting a subscription for her. I think she may be a little young for Seventeen right now, but I'm sure she'll get there.

They have teen vogue or they have Disney Family Fun which has recipes and arts and crafts ideas.

I work for a Magazine Wholesaler, and i have first hand seen all of these magazines. I think for her age, Tiger Beat would be best. There is not any inappropriate material in it.

I have a two girls (finishing 4th and 6th grades). They both really like the American Girl magazine. It has info on all kinds of tween issues and they both read it cover to cover. They also like Discovery Girl magazine. It is similar to American Girl, but a little more "hip". The other one they like National Geographic Kids. It has lots of facts, cool pictures, games and riddles.

Both of our girls are big readers, too. We haven't tried the ones you mentioned so I don't know. I'd like to find out the results, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter