"Girls Unite: Dream, Act, Change", Anyone participatig?

TheQueenMum

Minding the Princesses
Hi!

I am looking around for some information on the Girl Scout program "[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,times new roman,times,courier]Girls Unite: Dream, Act, Change".

I would love to sign my daughter(a girlscout) up for this but I am unclear if I have to buy her and I a ticket thru the site, or if I can just buy her a ticket? We have annual passes, so it seems a waste to buy us both tickets. She is 11 and doesnt require a chaperone for any of the other YES programs, but it looks like she will require one for this. Can anyone confirm, or provide more info?

We are looking at the "
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,times new roman,times,courier][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,times new roman,times,courier] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,times new roman,times,courier]Conservation: Change | Junior/Cadette (4-8)[/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,times new roman,times,courier] [/FONT][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,times new roman,times,courier] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,times new roman,times,courier]Monday, June 10, 2013" program.[/FONT] Anyone else attending that one?

:cool1::cool1:

[/FONT][/FONT]

I would love to see more information on this as well. I'm wondering if there are any consequences if you buy the ticket package but then cannot attend the educational session...I am looking to take my two daughters in June, and my oldest is a GS, so we qualify for the tickets. However, I'm not sure if I will have anyone with us who can watch my younger child while I'm at the program with her (trying to get one of my nieces to join us, but not sure yet if that will work out). If I register her for the program (deadline is in a few days) and buy the tickets, do they do anything if she can't attend the educational session?

I have never heard of this and we are there during these dates!! Does my ODD have to be part of a troop or can she go alone?? I am searching the web site now lol

Please note that Disney Annual Passes and Cast Member Passes are NOT valid for admission to the Disney Girls Unite: Dream, Act, Change Education
Programs. Theme Park admission is required for Dinner and Dessert Components

That's in the small print on the bottom of the information

I was so excited to see that the other day. My troop has been working on a long term goal of being able to do the YES program. My girls are in 7th grade.

I really like how the tickets are all 1 price.

I dont see how they think troops could get council approval in such short notice from when they released the info until the ticket purchase deadline.

Something like this would greatly benifit my very small troop. We only have 5 girls, and 2 adults going on the trip, so we are under the minimum for "group" pricing and registration. So we were looking at having to do individual registration.

I looked at the FAQ and info pages and it seems to spell it out pretty clear about using the AP's. I have one, my daughter and one of the other girls has one too.

I hope they do it again next summer, when my troop plans on going.

I booked it! We are not going with DD's troop, but DD10 is interested in doing one of the programs. And the ticket prices made it so much easier to justify the trip! ;) I'm taking DD10, DD8, and DN15. Only DD10 is doing a program, but DN will hang out with DD8 for the 3 hours that we are in the class. Combined with the fact that I have SW points to cover the airfare, and the public discounts available for the room, my total cost (other than food & spending money), for 4 of us for 7 nights at ASMu with 6 day tickets with hopper AND the water parks & more option is only $1825!

My DD and I participated in June and had a great time. :) We attended the conservation session at AK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter