*Girls Trip Round 2 November 2016* Pre-Trip

Two trips in two the span of two months!!! Sounds like fun! Great choices for your ADRs. I went to BOG for dinner once, and i really enjoyed it! You will have a great time, the food is excellent! Especially the grey stuff :rotfl:
I also hate the lull between ADRs and FPs. But hang in there... your fastpass window will approach soon. AND you have an entirely new trip to plan!!
Glad to hear another BOG fan! It makes me more excited to try it. Yeah not much longer until fastpasses and then it will really set it that it is getting close!:flower1:

Woo-hoo for 2 trips planned!! And so close together, too! Last year we did November and then January but a little earlier than you and it was cool knowing when we left in Nov. that we'd be back so soon - made leaving less depressing lol. And that's great that you're getting an AP :thumbsup2 I feel special when I have one :D

I understand how you feel about taking your niece now, I wouldn't have done that when I was your age. It can be challenging bringing a child who isn't your own even if he/she is a family member. You have to discipline, say no, and you may not be used to doing that. And of course be responsible for someone's safety which is like babysitting-constantly! Love your idea of bringing her when she's 16 or graduates, you'll feel more confident then (take it from an older person) and you won't have to worry so much about her.
I am hoping maybe to squeeze at least one more short trip out of the AP before our family trip. :rolleyes1 But we will see!

I know she would probably do really good. She is at that age I take her to the mall with me and running errands etc. and she does just fine but I am only responsible for a few hours. I couldn't imagine being responsible for a whole week. I lack on being responsible for myself for that long sometimes. I think surprising her with a trip when she is a little older will be perfect.

I'm glad you were able to work in another trip!!

There is nothing worse than a planning lull; I'm in one too.

I'm glad you're so honest about your niece. Kids are a handful, especially at Disney. I've gone with my younger sisters, and even with my folks there it wasn't always easy. She'll be glad to go with you when she's a bit older, more independent.

Have you got to book yet since the packages were released?? There is nothing really I can do for the Nov trip but Feb park hours were released today so that gives me something to do.

Major Life Update!
I have literally been MIA for the past few months. This summer brought on tons of overtime at work due to various circumstances. I am glad I volunteered the extra days because we bought a HOUSE!!! EEEEKKK!!!

These past few months have been crazy hectic and I have not been able to keep up with this PTR or anybody else's for that matter. We have officially been moved for 10 days now. Things are starting to settle down but only in time to make Fastpasses Friday morning :goodvibes
I almost forgot about them in all of the chaos. Hopefully once we have them made I can do a proper update and enjoy my double digit countdown for awhile (since I missed the big milestone).

[URL=http://s665.photobucket.com/user/whit64130/media/giphy%205_zpsdu1hahfo.gif.html][/URL]​

Last edited:
I saw your post on FB; congrats on the new house! I know how crazy it is when you move and how time-consuming, I hope now that you're settling in you can relax a bit and focus on your trip coming up in 2 months :cheer2:

I saw your post on FB; congrats on the new house! I know how crazy it is when you move and how time-consuming, I hope now that you're settling in you can relax a bit and focus on your trip coming up in 2 months :cheer2:
Thanks! It has been super crazy but I had a nice surprise this morning. I thought I might just go ahead and check if I can make fastpasses this am since we have the split stay with the room only. Well I'm glad I did. We got everything we wanted just not at the times we planned on. But I'm not complaining. :dancer:

Uncertain Plans...

So as I write this we are 26 days out.:dancer: I got an email yesterday saying park hours have been updated. This throws a small wrench in a few of our plans. For the most part our plans are set.

We decided to leave during the night on Sunday/early Monday instead of at 4 am. They put out our work schedule this week that covers right up until my vacation time. I put in a request to work the first part of the week of 11/6 so I could be off the latter part of the week to prepare for the trip and spend some time with my husband before I leave him for 8 days. He works 24 hours on and 48 hours off. So his schedule is set from January on. I started counting up the days when I put my request in and realized he works the Sunday before we leave on Monday. I have gotten better since we first got married about staying by myself at night but I don’t sleep as heavy. So thinking I wouldn’t get much sleep Sunday night I figured might as well leave earlier. I talked to the girls and asked what they thought about leaving earlier and traveling during the night. Of course they said yes! Being the night shifter that I am, I decided I would sleep all day Sunday 11/13 and we could leave by midnight. That would make the 10 hour drive much easier and possibly shorter. So our arrival time should be around 11AM Disney time. We plan on stopping at the Disney Outlet close to Disney Springs before going to the hotel. We requested an early check in. Hoping we will be able to sleep for a few hours once we get there. We don’t have tickets for this night and no real plans since we will likely be tired. Hopefully turning in early for an early start on Tuesday.

For Tuesday we booked Early Morning Magic at Magic Kingdom. (this is new for us) I originally had a BOG pre-park reservation for this day but when they extended the EMM we talked it over and decided to try it out. Here is hoping to it being something we enjoy. This is also our MVMCP night so we plan to hit the park early take a long mid-day break and come back to the park at about 3pm

I was able to make all of our FP+ reservations without problem, it just took me a little while to get used to the system. But with the extended hours it may not make our plans as flexible since it will be hard to modify existing FP+. But we are ok with that and will just take it as it goes and enjoy being there.

Magic Bands were shipped yesterday so it is getting real!! And I literally have 8 work days and a mandatory CEU class between me and Disney!:cool1: Wahooooooo! I plan on doing a packing post with pictures to make up for the lack or boring/mandatory wordy material!

26 days!!! We go 1 month from today :banana: Luckily the change in hours hasn't negatively impacted our trip (yet), but I'm not convinced the hours won't change again between now and when we go lol!
We have to figure out if and when we can meet up! If your days are still the same as when you posted them we may be in the same parks on your day 5 and 6......as it gets a bit closer we'll chat.
Nice to see you back; I hope you do update some more before you go!

12 days to go!
Ok so we have the majority of our plans down and maybe a little tweaking depending on if ROL starts. Which we have decided if we miss it this trip we will catch it next time around! Sooo lets get to it....
Day 1-Monday, 11/14:
Leave home at midnight (give or take)
Arrive around 11ish AM Disney time.
We plan on stopping at the Character Outlet prior to going to the Hotel.
Nap!
No dinner plans this night. We are going to wing it.
Early Bedtime

Day 2- Tuesday, 11/15:
Park: MK
Breakfast: Early Morning Magic @ 7:45am
Dinner: Crystal Palace pre MVMCP (I am probably going to forgo this one to save my TS credit for BOG later in the week.)
Fastpasses: Splash,"Jingle" Cruise, 7DMT
MVMCP

Day 3- Wednesday, 11/16:
Park: EPCOT
Dinner: Whispering Canyon
Fastpasses: Character Spot, Spaceship Earth, Frozen Ever After

Day 3- Thursday, 11/17:
Park: MK/AK
Breakfast: Crystal Palace (hoping to find a 10ish since they changed AM hours)
Dinner: Tusker House
Fastpasses: Ariel, Splash, 7DMT

Day 4- Friday, 11/18:
Park: DHS
Dinner: Minnie's Hollywood Dine at Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic Package
Fastpasses: TSMM, Star Tours, Frozen Sing-a-Long

Day 5- Saturday, 11/19:
Park: AK/MK
Dinner: 1900 Park Fare
Fastpasses: Splash, Space Mountain/Barnstormer for Chelsy, 7DMT

Day 6- Sunday, 11/20: "The Complicated Day"
Park: Who Knows?!?! DHS/EPCOT/DHS
Dinner: Chef Mickeys for Miranda and Chelsy, Liberty Tree Tavern for me (I am currently trying to find something else for myself since plans have changed)
Fastpasses: Mission Space, The Seas with Nemo, Soarin
Back to DHS for Jingle Bell Jingle Bam

*This day has potential to change if we can change around some ADR's but that may be last min planning.

Day 7- Monday, 11/21:
Park: MK (Could start in another park depending on if we feel like we want to do/see something else)
Dinner: Be Our Guest (just me)
Fastpasses: Space Mountain/Barnstormer for Chelsy, 7DMT, Splash

Whew :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

princess::goodvibes:laundy:Packing and Such...:laundy:

I've Started the packing process and realized I am not so sure about the weather. As of now knowing its still less than 2 weeks away the high is upper 70's with lows of upper 50's. Being from Alabama I am afraid I am going to freeze at night. As of today our high was around 86 degrees.... so Overpacking it is! That's the beauty of driving. We are all getting together and making a list so we don't bring a lot of duplicate items to take up space.

So this is where I started... Am I crazy for organizing what to wear everyday? The lady with me at work tonight thinks I am nuts (but hey she doesn't get why I am doing a Pre-Trip Report haha).

This is my driving down outfit. Super Comfy!

I am just loving this outfit!

My Christmas Party Shirt and Chelsy's and Miranda's Olaf shirts that I made! :goodvibes

I found this cute little shop on instagram and had to order this raglan!

I also made this shirt since I am a huge Tangled fanprincess:

My Aunt found me these Run Disney Shoes while in the mountains a few weeks ago! They were on sale for $29. Not exactly sure the regular price maybe $150ish. Super excited about them! Trying to break them in before we go.

And just in case of horrible blisters like last year I picked up this gem.. Anybody have suggestions or tips on Blister care? I have moleskin to prevent but just in case...

Last but not least our Magic Bands are here! I just had to get the purple since it came out right after our trip last year. And of course I had to have a pink!

Only 4 more work days and a class between me and Disney
:mickeyjum:goofy::tigger::hmghost::simba::stitch::sulley::dumbo::donald::figment::maleficen

Last edited:
First of all, definitely not crazy for organizing what to wear every day! It saves so much time. I put together outfits for all of us and I do often have certain ones I want us to wear certain days, but I'm not organized enough to plan every day-unless it's just Steve and I going. Much easier to do for 2 than 4!
Second, if I knew you could make such adorable shirts I would have paid you to make me some! I love the ones you made :goodvibes I tried once and messed up royally lol. I have to stick to store bought or special ordered, unfortunately. Oh, and I have 2 purple bands ;)

Your plans look good-you probably told me this already but on the 19th, are you only going to MK after 1900 PF dinner? We'll be there but only from like 11:30-12ish until about 5.

I need to start organizing and packing like you......we leave 5 days after you and all I have done is a list of what travel size toiletries I need to buy :D

Second, if I knew you could make such adorable shirts I would have paid you to make me some! I love the ones you made :goodvibes

Thanks! They are far from perfect since it's just a hobby. I like being crafty but can hardly find the time to do it. :blush:

Your plans look good-you probably told me this already but on the 19th, are you only going to MK after 1900 PF dinner? We'll be there but only from like 11:30-12ish until about 5.

As of now that's the plan unless we have a short day in AK. We plan on taking a nap this day since the EMH are until 1am. I was hoping y'all would be around for EMH that night :confused3

I need to start organizing and packing like you......we leave 5 days after you and all I have done is a list of what travel size toiletries I need to buy :D
I still have a few things to pick up before we leave but for the most part I've got everything together. With my crazy schedule over the next few days I am trying to stay ahead of everything so Nick and I can actually spend time together instead of me packing before I leave.

As of now that's the plan unless we have a short day in AK. We plan on taking a nap this day since the EMH are until 1am. I was hoping y'all would be around for EMH that night :confused3

I would love to do MK EMK that night, but we'll be up by 3:30 am that morning to catch our flight and there's no way Chris will last that long :( If for some unfortunate reason all 4 of us come down together on the 19th, I'd certainly come back to MK after our dinner to meet up with you for a quick hello! Otherwise we can hope for the 20th, we'll be at HS if it's 4 of us and if it's Chris and I, we may be able to stop by HS at some point :)
Have you found anything to replace your LTT yet?

I would love to do MK EMK that night, but we'll be up by 3:30 am that morning to catch our flight and there's no way Chris will last that long :( If for some unfortunate reason all 4 of us come down together on the 19th, I'd certainly come back to MK after our dinner to meet up with you for a quick hello! Otherwise we can hope for the 20th, we'll be at HS if it's 4 of us and if it's Chris and I, we may be able to stop by HS at some point :)
Have you found anything to replace your LTT yet?
Ohhh gotcha! For Ricky's sake I hope it's just the two of y'all! We will have to make the 20th happen if that's the case. Who the heck knows where all we will end up that day at what time but I'm sure we will be pretty flexible since it's our 6th day.
I haven't replaced LTT yet I'm looking at different options and I'm sure it will be a last minute change if something else opens up. :confused3 But I was really excited to try it.

Also as I type this it is 12:50am and I am officially doing my single digit dance!!! And it looks a little like this.....
:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

You're so close!! And I do not think you're overpacked at all. I always being a few extra outfits in case I last minute want a different option. i ADORE that pink dress! Super cute. And your Tangled shirt is precious. What did you use to make it?

I have zero suggestions for blister care, but I k ow dry feet are less susceptible to blisters. I'd say bring along some extra socks and maybe a foot powder.

I'm so psyched for you guys!!

I love all your outfit plans. Now I want to go shopping.
Thank you!!!:thumbsup2

You're so close!! And I do not think you're overpacked at all. I always being a few extra outfits in case I last minute want a different option. i ADORE that pink dress! Super cute. And your Tangled shirt is precious. What did you use to make it?
Thank you! I have a Silhouette Cameo that I cut heat transfer vinyl on.

I have zero suggestions for blister care, but I k ow dry feet are less susceptible to blisters. I'd say bring along some extra socks and maybe a foot powder.
I purchased different socks for this year after last years diaster. They are thicker with more padding in problem areas. And I'm adding foot powder to my list.

I'm so psyched for you guys!!
Thanks!!! I can't believe it is finally here! 2 more work days and a week is all we like!

Off to Disney!
Can't believe after all the planning today is the day! We ended up changing a few things around again but regardless it will be a great week! Well I was going to share a few pictures but I can't get anything to upload via mobile device :headache:

Thanks for following along on my first pre-trip report!

Last edited:
Off to Disney!
Can't believe after all the planning today is the day! We ended up changing a few things around again but regardless it will be a great week! Well I was going to share a few pictures but I can't get anything to upload via mobile device :headache:

Have a great trip!! Hope you'll post a link to your Report if you do one!!

Off to Disney!

Safe travels Whitney! Hopefully I'll see you soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter