Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe schedule looks good to me! Can we add a POC group ride after the scavvy hunt and a JC group ride after Sunday breakfast?

THe schedule looks good to me! Can we add a POC group ride after the scavvy hunt and a JC group ride after Sunday breakfast?

Yes, that sounds good. I love the group ride photos! Hmmm, shall we remove the group photo on the hotel grounds? And just replace it with a group ride/photo on Jungle Cruise? Or try to do both??

We just sort of threw that hotel photo in there when we thought we were all eating at Surf's Up. But now that the group is rather spread out, maybe meeting back at JC (for those who are into the group rides/photos which I know not everyone is) would be easiest.

We just sort of threw that hotel photo in there when we thought we were all eating at Surf's Up. But now that the group is rather spread out, maybe meeting back at JC (for those who are into the group photos which I know not everyone is) would be easiest.

I may have missed more of the conversation where that was decided, but wasn't that also somewhat to do with the fact that some people weren't planning on being in the Parks Sunday? I know I've missed a lot lately so I don't know if I'm pulling that out of nowhere or something, lol.

I may have missed more of the conversation where that was decided, but wasn't that also somewhat to do with the fact that some people weren't planning on being in the Parks Sunday? I know I've missed a lot lately so I don't know if I'm pulling that out of nowhere or something, lol.
No, that was also part of it.

Well, I guess since most of the breakfasts that morning will take place down near the hotels, one at PPH and the other at the DLH, IF the breakfasts are finished around the same time, you all could still do one large group photo somewhere on hotel grounds.
Where, I don't know. :confused3 I haven't been down to that area in awhile. Ideas, anyone??

Then for those who are still going into the parks that day, they can always meet at Jungle Cruise for a group ride/photo. (photo being taken while on the ride is what I mean by that)

I think I might make it mandatory that everybody who wants to go to Co D, must wear a tiara and attend the PFF & IASW ride prior to shopping! LOL

I second that notion!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 "No tiara, no shopping for you!" (said in best soup Nazi voice)

Now some of you know that I NEVER wear anything on my head. The only time I did was for MouseAdventure at Christmas time, and even then it wasn't for very long! Are you really going to make me wear a tiara? I don't have one... or maybe I do and I just might forget it :rolleyes1

...... or Jill agreed to the solution that Theresa posted ;)

:thumbsup2

You REALLY never need an excuse to wear a tiara at DL. Wear it with a smirk...er..smile on your face. After all, you are at DL with a gang of women and no family to take care of. You are a princess for a few days!!!!:)

I have a tiara, and I am not afraid to use it!! ;)

All of the planning to the last second is too much for me. I did plan to do the PFF photo shoot since it is free and requires little of me, just showing up. I also think it is pretty amusing to watch the families in line who look horrified by the herd of women waiting in line. I know they are thinking, "How long is this going to take?".

:lmao: Time to search out my tiara.. I think there is one in my underwear drawer, just have to untangle it. Underwear hanging from a tiara is so last year's fashion.

This should be our motto: DIS Divas; We have tiaras, and are not afraid to use them!

Sweet! ::yes::

It is fun and silly and why not?

Exactly!

Well, as you know, I love the PFF photo. The princesses are my favorite, and if I was going to be on this trip

:sad2:

Oh no? Then why are you winking?

That's not a wink, that's a facial tic..... she can't help it.

I was actually flirting with Mel and hoping no one would notice. :rolleyes1 She is pretty hot ya know. :smokin:

:rotfl:

WOW...a carry-on suitcase full of plastic tiara's. You don't think I'll get pulled out of line at the airport for additional "screening" & a full body pat-down do you?princess::lmao:

Ya, but with your luck it will be some creepy giant woman with a mustache and the name "Brunhilda" on her tag. :scared1:
Save yourself, hand her a tiara and Nair while smiling, humming your favorite Disneyland song. Maybe tell her the wonders of worship at the Church of Bernalison :thumbsup2

Now some of you know that I NEVER wear anything on my head. The only time I did was for MouseAdventure at Christmas time, and even then it wasn't for very long! Are you really going to make me wear a tiara? I don't have one... or maybe I do and I just might forget it :rolleyes1
You wore a paper hat at Dicks! :rotfl2: Maybe we could make you a paper tiara and write something naughty on it.

But if you do forget your tiara, I'm sure someone will have an extra one handy. :rolleyes1

Well, good to know I'm not going crazy at least, lol.
Well, you still might be. :confused3 :hug:

Ya, but with your luck it will be some creepy giant woman with a mustache and the name "Brunhilda" on her tag. :scared1:
Some people would pay good money for that. Just sayin'...

Phew - I was beginning to think I was posting in invisible ink.
Maybe you are... That could be fun!! :p

OKay speaking of group rides and other plans, I wanted to repost this schedule once again so we can start firming it up a bit. Times are still subject to change, and will be firmed up once Bridget hears from her contact.

But I wanted to make sure the overall schedule is as it should be. Steph has once again been so kind as to make little pocket-sized schedules for us to carry with us, but we need to make sure it's set before she prints anything out.

So, please take a look and let me know if any changes need to be made:

SCHEDULE - 2012
Thursday, Feb. 23:
Let the fun begin!!
?? - Breakfast @ Ariel's.
1:30 p.m. - Lunch @ Paradise Garden Grill or Boardwalk Pizza.
5:30 p.m. - Meet and Greet in The Carousel Hotel.

Friday, Feb. 24:
Breakfast: On your own.
Group photo at Princess Fantasy Faire.
Group ride on It's a Small World.
11:30 p.m. - Lunch @ Big Thunder Ranch BBQ.
Shopping excursion to Company D.
5:30 p.m. - Dinner @ Cafe Orleans.
Dessert/drinks in Napa Rose lounge. (to replace Fantasmic dessert seating)

Saturday, Feb. 25:
Breakfast: On your own
8:15 a.m. - Mother/daughter photos in Snow White's grotto
8:30 a.m. - Group photo in front of the castle.
9:00 a.m. - Scavenger Hunt instructions/start in Village Haus.
12:30 p.m. - Hunt ends @ Hungry Bear, followed by lunch.
2:00 p.m. - Prizes awarded.
5:30 p.m. - Dinner @ Napa Rose or Jazz Kitchen.
World of Color viewing/parties in GCH villas.

Sunday, Feb. 26:
9:00 a.m. - Breakfasts @ either Surf's Up, La Brea Bakery, or Steakhouse 55.
Group photo after breakfast on the grounds of the GCH.
1:30 p.m. - Lunch @ Wine Country Trattoria
OR
3:30 p.m. - Lunch @ White Water Snacks
5:30 p.m. - Dinner @ Cafe Orleans
Drinks at Trader Sam's (time ??).

Monday, Feb. 27:
Last official day
8:30 a.m. - Breakfast @ Riverbelle Terrace.
Looks good :) Always exciting to read over too.
Do we want to put a time to meet for CoD? We usually meet at HoJo, but I don't know if there's an easier place to meet if alot of people are not staying there this time.

...... or Jill agreed to the solution that Theresa posted ;)
LOL, Theresa. Didn't mean to steal your thunder....well you along with 5 other Diva's who messaged me too. :thumbsup2

:grouphug:

Looks good :) Always exciting to read over too.
Do we want to put a time to meet for CoD? We usually meet at HoJo, but I don't know if there's an easier place to meet if alot of people are not staying there this time.
I don't think too many are staying at Hojo this time. Mainly the group is at Carousel and GCH.

So far, of the approximately 25 we have signed up for CoD, all but 8 of them will also be at the BBQ. Maybe you could meet at Big Thunder Ranch, and then divide up into groups there and then meet again at CoD? From what I hear, it's not far and as long as everyone has directions it should be ok.
Just a thought.

I do think once the list is complete and everyone who wants to go is signed up, they should figure out who's going with who beforehand so there's no time wasted trying to figure that out then. That way, everyone knows and can just take off.

Just my two cents.

Wait wait wati!!!! There were sign ups for Company D???? Did I sign up? This is not ringing a bell and I really want to go!!!! Please!?!?!? Is there still room? Oh, and is it possible to get in a car with someone who happens to want to stop at In-and-out burger on the way back?

Thanks,
SarahMay

Wait wait wati!!!! There were sign ups for Company D???? Did I sign up? This is not ringing a bell and I really want to go!!!! Please!?!?!? Is there still room? Oh, and is it possible to get in a car with someone who happens to want to stop at In-and-out burger on the way back?

Thanks,
SarahMay

YUM! Good idea!!

You know the trip is getting close when hours are up! Well at least they are for Thursday and Friday. The Matterhorn being closed will save me a trip to the chiropracter. ;)

Jill, thanks for confirming CoD! Doesn't PFF start an hour after opening? If that is true then it will be at 9:00 and usually takes some time. Does everyone think that we will actually have time for CoD and still get back to the park for the BBQ by 11:30? I think we will be pushing it, at least for me as I am bringing an empty suitcase to fill! And did I hear something about them closing that area and moving it to a smaller area that might not accommodate our group? I guess what I am getting at is, and I know this might be blasphemy, what if we skipped PFF? :eek: :duck: Just a thought.

Matterhorn is going to be closed!?!?!? Oh, bummer...and Fantasmic is off too?!?!? :scared1::sad1:

SarahMay

Matterhorn is going to be closed!?!?!? Oh, bummer...and Fantasmic is off too?!?!? :scared1::sad1:

SarahMay

The Matterhorn is already down. When Jill and I were there on Friday, there was scaffolding all around the mountain.

Grizzly River is also scheduled to be down over at DCA.

On the plus side, almost everything else should be up and running. :goodvibes

Sarah - I will be driving and you are welcome to come with Stacie and I.

Thanks,
SarahMay

Thanks,
SarahMay
LOL This just started yesterday. Yes, you can still sign up. There is plenty of space. Lots of ladies with cars this time. :thumbsup2

If you want, I can add you to the car with Vicki and Stacie, as she just suggested. Not sure if they are stopping at In-n-Out. ;) If they are, better not eat too much at the BBQ! LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter