Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies, just wanted to make sure everyone is up to date on the current trip plans. So, if you haven't been paying attention, this post is for you. :rolleyes1 ;)

*Group T-shirts*
It's PINK TEE time!! For those of you who want the new group shirt, you must PM Melody/tinkermell here on the DIS before January 15. That is the final deadline. You need to let her know the following things:
1. That you want a shirt.
2. If you will be ordering one or mailing her your own.
3. If you want bling or no bling.

If you are mailing her your own, please do so ASAP. If you are ordering one, then obviously you will also need to include what size you want. Sizing instructions can be found on the first page of this thread.

Please see our DIS Diva's Dollar Talk Facebook page for all other important information including pricing and Mel's address. Thank-you everyone in advance for making this as easy as possible for Melody, and thank-you, thank-you, thank-you Melody for taking on this enormous task once again. I'd say you rock, but that doesn't even begin to cover it!! :worship: :hug:

*Meet and Greet Updatesd List*
Capri just posted the updated Meet and Greet list but since it ended up on the other page, I thought I'd bring it on over and keep all our info together. Thanks, Capri, for keeping track of all this info for us. :thumbsup2
Meet and Greet Body Count
evil-smiley.gif

Debra
Wendy and Sharon (mom)
Jill
Katie
Carol and Lisa (daughter)
Linda and Brianne (daughter)
Cheryl
Miss Sally and Debbie (friend)
Steph
Lisa and Patrice (friend)
Vicki
SarahMay
Melody
Jodi
Bridget and Lisa (friend)
Jen and Holly (friend)
Stacielee
Daisy and Jill (mom)
Kandace and Jamay (friend)
Dianna
Wendy and Tammy (sister)
Laurie
Rochelle
Jessica
Becci and Brandy (friend)
Cynthia and Nicole (friend)
Capri
Michele
Bernice
Monica
Alison
Melissa
If your name is not on the list, and you too would like to be a valued victim...(cough, cough)....pardon me, a valued guest at our little soiree, please notifiy me (Capri) like yesterday so we can order the appropriate number of body bags...errrrrr...toe tags...oh dear, excuse me, I mean name tags. Thank you.

*MEALS*
By now you should have already signed up for which meals you'd like. Please double check the front page and make sure you are where you want to be. I do believe Bridget will be making the dining reservations any day now, if she hasn't already. Thanks, Bridget!

*FANTASMIC! DESSERT SEATING*
If you have signed up for this event, you need to check the DIS Diva's Dollar Talk Facebook page and find Bridget's post for more important information. She will be ordering tickets by January 21, so everything needs to be in to her by then. Also, she has asked for volunteers to stand in line before the show, as she will not be attending this event. Thank you in advance to those who volunteer, and thank-you Bridget for overseeing this.

*CELLPHONE LIST*
As in year's past, we will be compiling a list of all cell phone numbers. It's the easiest way to stay in touch through out the trip. If you would like a cell phone list, you will need to PM me (either here or on FB) your name/DIS name, along with your number (double check this before you send it to make sure it's correct), and whether or not you can receive texts.
For example:
Beth/MommaU4 (702) 555-1234 Y or N (put Y if you can receive texts or N if you cannot)
Only those who send me their numbers will receive a contact list.

Also, while I will collect the numbers, I need someone who is able to print them out onto little wallet sized cards as we have before. Is there anyone who is able to do this and would like to volunteer? It needs to be someone who is attending the Meet and Greet because that is typically where the cards are passed out. Let me know if you can help with this matter. Thanks!!

Since we are on the subject of planning. The following are the people I have signed up for the scavy hunt so far:

Linda/lulubelle
Bree/lulubellesDD
Carol/Karylrocks and DD Lisa
Lisa/LisaCat and Trish
Michelle/ZoeMakes5
Jodi/Jodi_Luvs_Disney
LisaDog(Bridget's friend.)
Jen/Grizbuzz
Jen/MrsPinUp
Rochelle/eatmypixiedust
Sarah/MotoXPrincess
Vicki/CoMickey
Stacie/Stacielee
SarahMay/Sahbushka
Jane/Cheshiregirl
Paula/smile4stamps
Monica/grooygirl927
Becci/cccdisney
Cynthia/starshipdelphi and Brandi
Steph/21yankees
Heather/LittleBlackRaincloud
Michelle/pixiedustmom
Kandace/kandyk and Jamay
Joni/princesskayla
Michelle/Alex2Kmommy
Alison/Sameyeyam
Megan/Staley7580
Daisy/PrincessDuck and Jill (MIL)

If you need to be added or no longer are going on the trip or you need to be taken off the list, please let me know.

We need a few more ladies to sign up so the teams will be even, so if you're on the fence, take the plunge and sign up. I promise it will be great fun :).

Hi all - Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday!!

I just read this on the MousePlanet. :(

'Fantasmic! is on hiatus starting January 23 due to the Sailing Ship Columbia refurbishment. The Columbia is scheduled to return to service February 18, but Fantasmic! may not return until later in the spring.'

Bridget might want to check into this before everyone sends in their checks so she won't have to send them back.

Link to DL update: http://www.mouseplanet.com/9826/Disneyland_Resort_Update

*FANTASMIC! DESSERT SEATING*
If you have signed up for this event, you need to check the DIS Diva's Dollar Talk Facebook page and find Bridget's post for more important information. She will be ordering tickets by January 21, so everything needs to be in to her by then. Also, she has asked for volunteers to stand in line before the show, as she will not be attending this event. Thank you in advance to those who volunteer, and thank-you Bridget for overseeing this.

Hi everyone!! I wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone! Sorry I have been out of communication, been trying to figure out what I'm doing for the trip. I've been out on short term disability since October and I've been getting only about 50% of my income. My doctor just expanded it out through January.
So, I now have a better picture of what's going on. I will only be able to be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday and will be doing a budget trip. I won't have any time off available by then and won't even have a full check by then.
I am excited to see everyone and definitely want to do the scavenger hunt, if there's room for me on a team.
I'll check the front page and see who I need to contact.
Michelle

'Fantasmic! is on hiatus starting January 23 due to the Sailing Ship Columbia refurbishment. The Columbia is scheduled to return to service February 18, but Fantasmic! may not return until later in the spring.'

Bridget might want to check into this before everyone sends in their checks so she won't have to send them back.

Well poo in a hand basket!
tantrum.gif

If that's the case, I think I'll go ahead and sign up for dinner at Cafe Orleans instead.

Well, wouldn't that just SUCK?! :mad:

Since we are on the subject of planning. The following are the people I have signed up for the scavy hunt so far:

Linda/lulubelle
Bree/lulubellesDD
Lisa/LisaCat and Trish
Michelle/ZoeMakes5
Jodi/Jodi_Luvs_Disney
Jen/Grizbuzz
Jen/MrsPinUp
Rochelle/eatmypixiedust
Sarah/MotoXPrincess
Vicki/CoMickey
Stacie/Stacielee
SarahMay/Sahbushka
Jane/Cheshiregirl
Paula/smile4stamps
Monica/grooygirl927
Becci/cccdisney
Steph/21yankees
Michelle/pixiedustmom
Kandace/kandyk and Jamay
Joni/princesskayla
Michelle/Alex2Kmommy
Alison/Sameyeyam
Megan/Staley7580

If you need to be added or no longer are going on the trip or you need to be taken off the list, please let me know.
Katie, I just heard from Jane earlier today and she is leaning more towards not going at this point. She didn't outright say no though, so you might want to shoot her a PM on Facebook and see what's up with her.
And I do know that Heather is for sure not going. She told me that this week.
Also, double check with Megan. For some reason, I think she might be off the trip as well, but I'm not sure. Just an FYI because I don't want you to team those ladies up with anyone else and then have them not be there.

Do you know when teams will be announced? Will it still be right after New Year's or do you need more time?

:rolleyes: Well, darn. Thanks for posting that, Vicki. What a bummer. I wonder if Bridget will be able to get confirmation from her contact at Disney?
I'd hate for her to go through the hassle of collecting everything from everyone and then it not happening. :sad2:

Hello Ladies!:goodvibes

I just want to encourage anyone not signed up for the SH to do so. Brianne and I are on a "walking" team cause that's how we roll. :laughing: No matter what, it is always so much fun.

Beth, I am so sorry to make a dining change at this late stage but Bree and I will not be attending the Cafe Orleans dinner on Friday night. With her new job the soonest she will be at DL is 6 pm and I want to meet her in our room. Sorry. :flower3:

I hope everyone has a fabulous New Year's Eve. DH & I stayed home for many years but I am happy to say that this year I am going to a party with Cheryl - we are going to eat, drink and party-hearty! Woot Woot!:dance3:

Katie, I just heard from Jane earlier today and she is leaning more towards not going at this point. She didn't outright say no though, so you might want to shoot her a PM on Facebook and see what's up with her.
And I do know that Heather is for sure not going. She told me that this week.
Also, double check with Megan. For some reason, I think she might be off the trip as well, but I'm not sure. Just an FYI because I don't want you to team those ladies up with anyone else and then have them not be there.

Do you know when teams will be announced? Will it still be right after New Year's or do you need more time?

Katie - I don't think Michelle/Alex2kMommy is going either....but also shoot her a PM to double check.

Thank you everyone for the heads up on those who no longer may participating in the trip and/or the scavy hunt. I'll make sure to try and contact those ladies to make sure :thumbsup2.

I really hope no one else drops out and we get more ladies to participate. It's really going to be fun this year with lots of surprises!!!

I hope everyone has a fabulous New Year's Eve. DH & I stayed home for many years but I am happy to say that this year I am going to a party with Cheryl - we are going to eat, drink and party-hearty! Woot Woot!:dance3:

You go girls :banana:!

I will be sleeping on New Years....I'm such a bore!!

Beth, I am so sorry to make a dining change at this late stage but Bree and I will not be attending the Cafe Orleans dinner on Friday night. With her new job the soonest she will be at DL is 6 pm and I want to meet her in our room. Sorry. :flower3:

No worries, I'll make the change now. How's her new job going so far? :)

Where are you and Cheryl going to party? It sounds fun!! :banana:

Katie - I don't think Michelle/Alex2kMommy is going either....but also shoot her a PM to double check.
She actually just signed up for some meals not long ago, so I think she will be there, just not sure if she's still doing the hunt.

I will be sleeping on New Years....I'm such a bore!!
I've always wanted to do something fun on NYE, but we never have. Since I don't drink, or dance, and do not care to be squished in with millions of people down on the Strip, there's not much to do. :confused3
We'll most likely do the same thing we always do; stay home, watch movies, maybe play games, and eat. :thumbsup2

She actually just signed up for some meals not long ago, so I think she will be there, just not sure if she's still doing the hunt.

Well that's weird. I have her crossed off the Meet and Greet list. Hmmmmmm, maybe I'm the one who should shoot her a PM - lol. :)

Hi Ladies! :wave2:

I was still in recovery mode from our Family Disney Trip in December, so I haven't been keeping up with the Divas too much.
We had a fun time, but for some reason, I didn't feel it was as magical as our first trip 3 years ago. Admittedly, it was much easier last time to steer the kids around the Parks according to my own plans, since it was all new to them, and they were younger! This time, they knew what they wanted to do, and my plan went out the window pretty quickly! :laughing:
I was feeling bad about it, but I was just looking at our Photopass pictures, and they made me feel better! I could see how happy the girls were, especially when we did the things that they wanted to do.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the Diva trip, so I can do the things I want to do!!! :yay:

Have a Happy New Year everyone, and see you in 2012!

Hi all, sorry I haven't been on in a while! Life has been crazy but good. DH and I celebrated 10 years of marriage and we hosted christmas morning and christmas dinner at our new house and now we are going to be hosting nye as well! Craziness. If that wasn't enough, my dd Kiera just got pink eye so I am home today and tomorrow with her. Oh well. It has been nice to spend time with her. We played some memory game and read some books that she got for christmas. She even let me try most of her clothes on her so I could figure out what needed to be weeded from her wardrobe! I am getting tons done so I am not too worried. I am starting to get excited about the trip! I can't wait to hear more about the scavy hunt...that is always one of my vary favorite things about the trip! Oh, my brother's friend Shannon may be getting on the boards soon. I told her to come on by the thread and say hi! She is a big disney fan and lives in CA so she may even be able to come for a little of the trip!

Hope you all had a great holiday!

SarahMay

:rolleyes: Well, darn. Thanks for posting that, Vicki. What a bummer. I wonder if Bridget will be able to get confirmation from her contact at Disney?
I'd hate for her to go through the hassle of collecting everything from everyone and then it not happening. :sad2:

I hope Bridget or someone can get confirmation so that she won't have to hassle with collection only to have to return/shred checks. Last year it was cancelled too. :(

Hello Ladies!:goodvibes

Have fun you wild women!!!:dance3: Mr. CA and I are going to San Diego just for the night on Sat. for the auto show...I am in hot pursuit of a new car in 2012 and we'll be there for NYE but will likely eat someplace casual and hang out...we aren't really the party animal type. :) It'll just be fun to be in one of my favorite cities with my favorite Mr.! :hug:

Well poo in a hand basket!
tantrum.gif

If that's the case, I think I'll go ahead and sign up for dinner at Cafe Orleans instead.

Yep it sucks patooty! :rolleyes:

Lisa/LisaCat and Trish

We need a few more ladies to sign up so the teams will be even, so if you're on the fence, take the plunge and sign up. I promise it will be great fun :).

Katie - when Trish (Patrice) and I were talking about the trip last week, she was leaning toward NOT doing the scavvy hunt. She got pretty sick last year during the hunt. I'll send her a message and tell her we need an answer, but I think they are gone until the 5th or 6th of January.

Linda/lulubelle
Bree/lulubellesDD
Lisa/LisaCat and Trish
Michelle/ZoeMakes5
Jodi/Jodi_Luvs_Disney
Jen/Grizbuzz
Jen/MrsPinUp
Rochelle/eatmypixiedust
Sarah/MotoXPrincess
Vicki/CoMickey
Stacie/Stacielee
SarahMay/Sahbushka
Jane/Cheshiregirl
Paula/smile4stamps
Monica/grooygirl927
Becci/cccdisney
Steph/21yankees
Michelle/pixiedustmom
Kandace/kandyk and Jamay
Joni/princesskayla
Michelle/Alex2Kmommy
Alison/Sameyeyam
Megan/Staley7580

Well since I am not sure if I will make it until last minute should I still be on? I really hope to come and do it but just have no clue when my BFF will deliver the baby. So it's all on him.lol. If you think I should be off that is fine. I could just fill in for someone who couldn't if need be.

Either is fine with me. Thank you.
Oh and I may be pregnant then too. I am waiting to hear when they plan to set my embryo transfer. So the running one may be out to fill in for.lol

Mel sent you a message.

Mr. CA and I are going to San Diego just for the night on Sat. for the auto show...I am in hot pursuit of a new car in 2012 and we'll be there for NYE but will likely eat someplace casual and hang out...we aren't really the party animal type. :) It'll just be fun to be in one of my favorite cities with my favorite Mr.! :hug:
Take me with you!!! You can ditch me once we get there. I love San Diego. :goodvibes Have a great time. Get a nice hotel with a balcony over looking the ocean and have your own private NYE party. :rolleyes1 :thumbsup2

Hey ladies!

Well I am pretty sure that Michelle/Alex2Kmommy is still coming. I just received money for 2 tees from her. :thumbsup2

Paula/smile4stamps is not coming. Her mom has cancer, and she needs to be with her.

Megan dropped out too, due to taking classes on being a midwife.

Anywhos, I guess some PMs should be sent, as this is all questionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter