Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mel Congratulations! So very exciting and such a blessing to you all! Welcome baby Pierce!

Well, I am exhausted. :faint: 22 hours later and our grand baby finally made his way into the world around 5.00am this morning. Tiffany pushed for almost 4hours, and lost quite a bit of blood. They say that can happen when pushing so long. But they kept tabs on her and finally got her all cleaned out, and now she is resting in their room. Pierce looks like her side of the family, but you know how things can change. We are just extremely happy that he is healthy. :worship: Oh, and he weighs 7 pounds and 6 ounces, 19 1/2 inches long. :goodvibes

Melissa, there is still time to order a purple tee if you want. I am making my order on Monday. Look on the front info page for details. :goodvibes

I still need something special in the mail from a couple of you. :thumbsup2

Now I need to get serious about the pink tee. Be on the look out for more details soon! :cool1:

Bridget, Are you still in London? How absolutely wonderful! I remember freezing our fannys off, and always looking for some hot tea to warm ourselves. No wonder the British love their tea. It's part of surviving, and quite the comfort when your body needs a good warm up!

Where has Jessica been? I am getting concerned that she has not been around. :guilty::sad2:

Have a great weekend.

I'd like to order t-shirts Tinker Mel - but I need you to pm me or email me because I haven't posted enough to pm you! Sniff Sniff!

Have a great Holiday Season Ladies!

-

Good morning Everyone,

Melody, I tried to respond to your PM about the scavenger hunt. I don't have enough posts so my PM reply wouldn't go through.

Unfortunately, I can't commit to anything other than dinner on Saturday. My son's father works every Saturday. If he can't find a babysitter for that Saturday, then I have to drive back down to San Diego to watch my son for a few hours so his dad can work. Sorry. :-( It really does look like a blast.

Melissa

A big congrats to Grandma Mel! How wonderful for your whole family.:cloud9:

Welcome to Melissa. :)

Jen, all of my points for 2012 are already booked. I am a bad girl :headache:
I own at Grand Cal and Animal Kingdom. I wouldn't rule out renting from David's, you still get a better deal than paying for a regular room through Disney.

I hope you and your family have a super fun filled two days in California, Beth. Sorry it's so cold and blechy. At least it is not raining. :upsidedow

I am ready for Christmas, is everyone else?:yay:

Hi,

I think this is everything I need to RSVP for. I would like to attend the following:

Thursday - meet and greet. Can someone please send me the address to mail the you know what?

Friday - afternoon shopping trip to Company "D". I can drive and bring 4 passengers.

Friday - dinner at Cafe Orleans

Saturday - dinner at Jazz kitchen

Is there anything else I need to RSVP for? I am not able to do the scavenger hunt on Saturday per my post above. I'm also not signing up for any breakfasts because my hotel room includes a pretty extensive breakfast buffet, and I need to save all my money for shopping :yay:

Thank you!

Melissa

Thursday - meet and greet. Can someone please send me the address to mail the you know what?

Is there anything else I need to RSVP for? I am not able to do the scavenger hunt on Saturday per my post above. I'm also not signing up for any breakfasts because my hotel room includes a pretty extensive breakfast buffet, and I need to save all my money for shopping :yay:

Thank you!

Melissa

Melissa~ I sent you a message on FB with the address :thumbsup2.

No, there shouldn't be anything else to reserve. There will be other get togethers like group photos and group rides, but they will be listed on a schedule and you just show up if you'd like to participate.

Just have to say that if it weren't for the Diva cards I'd only have 2 from sisters, 2 from cousins, 1 from a lawyer and 1 from the newspaper carrier.:laughing:

Ok, so have any of you read The Dark Side of Disney? I bought in on my kindle and read it in a day. While there are some things I would NEVER do at DL or WDW, it did give me some tips-like renting points. Next Christmas, DH and I will be taking the kids to WDW and are starting the planning process. I know DIS has a board for renting DVC points, but before I go over there to the strangers, I thought I would ask here first. Does anyone have points that they would be willing to rent to us for next Christmas? We are thinking of going for a week between December 17th and January 1st. I am pretty sure it is an 11 month window, but it's never to early to check, right?:confused3

Renting is really the way to go, it's so much cheaper than just booking through Disney.

Jen: I wish I had points to rent you--unfortunately (or fortunately) I tend to use all of mine!

Just a clarification--if a member you are renting points from is booking at their HOME resort it is 11 months. If you want to stay at a resort other than the member's home resort you can only book 7 months out. It depends on what home resort the member has--not whether they are renting points or not.

You might look into David's Vacation Rentals too--stacielee used them before she bought DVC and had a good experience. They rent DVC points--she stayed at Saratoga Springs (my home resort in Florida).

Yup, it went very smoothly, we even added the Dining Plan and Magical Express.

Thanks for that info :) I read about David's and it looks like they charge a bit more to use points, but I will keep them as an option if renting direct does not work. :)

You should also look at getting on his last minute special email. They're usually $7-8/point, most of the time at OKW or SSR. I also watch the Dis rent/transfer boards.

Fly by HI! Hope everyone had a good Monday. I can't believe it's almost CHRISTMAS! EEK!

Hellllllooooo?????

<crickets chirping>

LOL! What? Everyone is BUSY? I can't imagine! LOL!

In case anyone (other than crazy me) is interested, the Holiday Nickels went onstage today. There is a machine of 3 designs in the penny arcade in DL and another 3 design machine over in DCA at the big gift and shirt shop back in Paradise Pier.

Happy happy joy joy!

Good Morning Everyone!
I am really trying to figure out how to come for a couple of days. Keep your fingers crossed. I won't be signed up for anything but I am okay with that. I will just fit in where I can:)
That being said, I will need a place to stay on Thurs and Friday, possibly Sat night. I will check the front but if anyone has room for one more, maybe PM me. I am totally easy, peasy, short shower, ready in 10 minutes all day, all night at the park sort of girl.

I am totally done shopping and so happy about that! Hope you all are making good progress too!
Tracey

Morning ladies!
It's been a crazy week being sick, getting ready for Christmas, and the kids in break. I finally finished wrapping presents, now I just need to go buy stuff for their stockings! I took Brooke to see Santaon Saturday & she didn't like it at all!

:cheer2: YAY Tracey.....I hope you can make it!!!!! :yay:

:hug: Hope you're feeling better Deb!! :santa: Santa can be pretty scary......I remember going to the mall when Anthony was little & the Santa they hired looked like the drunk guy on the sidewalk panhandling just the week before......super SCARY!!! I didn't want Anthony to sit on this guys lap.....creepy!! :scared1:

I have some extra ones right now, but we keep going back and forth on going to WDW next year or to wait until Laila is 4???

But Cheryl is correct that members can book their home resorts at 11-months and then at 7-months they can try to book at other resorts. I own at Animal Kingdom and Saratoga.

Also so you know, the time frame you are planning on going is the highest point season.....that is why Laila will never go to WDW on her actual birthday (Dec. 29th) because I like to get the most use out of my points as I can.
Well, let me know if you end up not using them popcorn:: I know the point value is high, but I have to take my trips during school breaks which means summer (crowded and hot) or Christmas (just plain swamped.)

Jen, all of my points for 2012 are already booked. I am a bad girl :headache:
I own at Grand Cal and Animal Kingdom. I wouldn't rule out renting from David's, you still get a better deal than paying for a regular room through Disney.

I am ready for Christmas, is everyone else?:yay:
I don't blame you! If I was an owner, I would probably be using all of my points too!

I am ready for Christmas....well, I need to buy one more present, and wrap Santa's gifts to the boys, but other than that - I am ready for good food, Christmas services at church, watching my sons light up when they open their gifts, and seeing what my DH bought me:cloud9:

Renting is really the way to go, it's so much cheaper than just booking through Disney.

You should also look at getting on his last minute special email. They're usually $7-8/point, most of the time at OKW or SSR. I also watch the Dis rent/transfer boards.
I will check, but since we will have to buy plane tickets and request time off in January, I don't want to leave anything to chance. Thanks for the tips :)

Tracey~ I hope you can make it :) It would be great to see you again!

Deb~ Try again? hehe...yesterday at DL we went to see Santa and he was grumpy. The mom in front of me placed her 18-month son on his lap and he started crying. Santa looked at mom and said, "No, take him." I have never seen a Santa just give up.

DL was fun - super crowded, but fun. I have a TR started that I will be working on today. I think I decided that I do not want to go back to DL the week before Christmas again (with the WDW exeption next year.)

Hello, ladies!!!! :cool1: :banana: I'm back. Finally. LOL We actually ended up staying an extra night! We were having so much fun visiting with family, and showing the kids all of Ruben's and my old stomping grounds. Plus Universal and Grinchmas was a blast.

Anyway, I am going to go update the front page now. I know that Bridget wanted to have the lists complete, or at least mostly completed, by yesterday so hopefully everyone has already sent me a PM or posted here where they want to be eating. If not, do it NOW!! LOL ;)

Deb, hope you are feeling better. Being sick around the holidays is not fun.

Tracey, hope it works out so you can make it!

Melissa, did you already get all your questions answered? I see Katie sent you a PM...

Jen, good luck renting points. Hope you score an awesome resort, dirt cheap. lol

Lisa, did you get your Holiday Nickels?

Trudi, I'm with you on the Diva cards. No one in my family sends them so it's nice to have some from friends.

Cynthia, did you get it figured out how to order shirts from Mel? I'm assuming you mean the purple castle tee? The hot pink shirts aren't up for order yet.

Mel, are you enjoying the new grandbaby?

Hi Stacie, and Cheryl and Linda and Laurie and Katie and Vicki and anyone else who's been posting. Are you all ready for Christmas?! It's almost time!! :santa:

Have a great day everyone!! Only 3 more days until Christmas!! Finish that shopping, wrap those gifts, bake those cookies, and if you are traveling, pack those suitcases! It will be here before we know it.
Take care! TTYL (Oh, and if I missed anything on the front page, let me know. Thanks!)

Hi, I just wanted to come in here and let you know I will for sure be unable to attend this years DIVA trip.

I just found out yesterday that my mom has breast cancer so I will need my vacation/sick time to be able to go see her.

Paula, I am so sorry to hear this news. You will be missed on the trip. I'll be thinking of you and your mom to get through this. :hug:

Hi, I just wanted to come in here and let you know I will for sure be unable to attend this years DIVA trip.

I just found out yesterday that my mom has breast cancer so I will need my vacation/sick time to be able to go see her.
Paula,

I am so sorry to hear this news about your Mom. :hug: Hopefully they can get everything out, and she responds well to her treatments.:angel:

We will miss meeting you this year, but rest assured we will be going again. :cool1: Maybe you can make it to one of the mini-meets that get planned occasionally.:thumbsup2

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.
Take care.
Sincerely,
Melody

PS- Please continue to chat with us, and update us on your Mom's condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter