Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Sunday Ladies.:)

I woke up to rain. It's weird, it's been so hot lately and I wasn't expecting it. It's still around 80 out, so yes it's humid and sticky. Blech. So I don't think I am going out today. I love to lounge in jammers and read the paper and my paper is soaked (even though it had plastic on it). So I am watching mediorce TV and surfing the web.

Just wanted to check in and say HI. Not much else going on.

They did say on the news that the Rep/Dems are very close to striking a deal on the debt ceiling and budget cuts so hopefully our 401K and stock accounts won't tank - and our ecomony won't suffer more than it already has!:sad2:

I woke up to rain. It's weird, it's been so hot lately and I wasn't expecting it. It's still around 80 out, so yes it's humid and sticky. Blech. So I don't think I am going out today. I love to lounge in jammers and read the paper and my paper is soaked (even though it had plastic on it). So I am watching mediorce TV and surfing the web.

Just wanted to check in and say HI. Not much else going on.

They did say on the news that the Rep/Dems are very close to striking a deal on the debt ceiling and budget cuts so hopefully our 401K and stock accounts won't tank - and our ecomony won't suffer more than it already has!:sad2:

Woof......hot & rain....yuck!!!

Let's hope they get it straightened out......it wasn't their paychecks & livelihood being threatened!!!! Threatening to not pay the elderly, disabled & our military is ridiculous~~they had nothing to do with the budget being messed up....nor do they have a say in how to balance it.

Sooooo tired. So last night should be my finaly overnight shift unless this whole split shifts thing tanks. Next week I get to go in at 3am instead of 10pm. Here's to hoping that means sleep because I need it. I was actually surprised that I fell asleep right away when I got home this morning, and slept until a little after 1! Normally I only get 3 hours straight and then have to start mini naps.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

:yay:

I'm hoping they come to some sort of agreement. Twice in one year to threaten social security and military pay is ridiculous.

I hope you all are having a nice Sunday.

Steph

From Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge! Looking out the window toward where the mountain is hiding behind clouds - hoping it will peek out tomorrow. Having the most amazing time!

I'll never get caught up here but will call Stacielee when I get home for the cliff note version.

Just booked our flights to LGB - JetBlue is showing awesome rates today! Not so good for the flight home so I will wait and see what happens with those fares.

my paper is soaked (even though it had plastic on it).

My paper gets soaked a lot from our sprinklers, it's also bagged. A simple knot would do the trick. I call the paper everytime for a new one. You'd think the carrier would get the hint. I believe they have a pay deduction for every paper that has to be redelivered.

It is so hot and muggy here. I was wishing for rain but we only got a few drops this morning.

Hey Beth, as for the other group photo you want, remember when we talked about one on the Omnibus? That would be a great photo !

Have a good time out tonight Beth. I just took my mom to see that for an early birthday treat for her. Hope you like it.
I loved it! The end made me teary eyed because Ruben and I met in HS too. And can I just say that Ryan Gosling was SO FREAKIN HOT in this movie. OMG.

From Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge! Looking out the window toward where the mountain is hiding behind clouds - hoping it will peek out tomorrow. Having the most amazing time!
Vicki!! I'm so glad you are having fun!!

Hello everyone!
I've been out all day. Errands first, then Ruben and I went out for a drive. It rained here too, but it was still hot and sunny so it was nasty, humid and basically cured me of any desire to go to WDW! LOL

Have a good evening everyone! Only 3 more months until Halloween! :thumbsup2

Hello I have been reading so I won't get behind just haven't been posting.
Trying to figure out what day to go to Disneyland this week (just for the day). I know it will be busy but it might be the last time DD will get to use her pass. (she will be leaving to San Francisco in two weeks for college)

Have a great week.

Good morning, ladies!!

August 1st already??? I can't believe it. This summer is flying by!!!! Four more weeks until school starts again. I am not ready for that! :sad2:

Oh well, hope you all have a great day! :)

Good Morning everyone. This weekend just flew by!!!

Can't wait to see pics :).

Only 3 more months until Halloween! :thumbsup2

Yes, and less than 3 months until the Divas mini meet :woohoo:. I think I'm going to go solo for the couple days. My 2 older kids have already agreed to watch Laila for the night so I'm really excited for some adult time!!!

I know it will be busy but it might be the last time DD will get to use her pass. (she will be leaving to San Francisco in two weeks for college)

Have a great week.

How are you doing with your daughter leaving?? I think I'm going to be an emotional wreck when my babies leave the nest :guilty:.

Good Morning Ladies!

It's BC Day here and I have the day off! Probably just a lazy day since I have to pack for our little road trip tomorrow. We're going to Kelowna to meet up with my Stepdad's family who are visiting from Montreal. It's only a 4 hour drive but with lots of little towns to stop in it will probably take all day.

Hello I have been reading so I won't get behind just haven't been posting.
Trying to figure out what day to go to Disneyland this week (just for the day). I know it will be busy but it might be the last time DD will get to use her pass. (she will be leaving to San Francisco in two weeks for college)

Have a great week.
I completely missed this until I saw Katie's reply! Sorry about that! I hope you get to make it to DL. And good luck to your daughter. They grow too fast, don't they? I can't even think about my kids leaving home, but my son is going into 11th grade this year so I know the time will fast approach. :sad2:

Yes, and less than 3 months until the Divas mini meet :woohoo:. I think I'm going to go solo for the couple days. My 2 older kids have already agreed to watch Laila for the night so I'm really excited for some adult time!!!
:cool1: Yay for going solo. Although that just means I'll have longer to wait to meet little Laila.

Good Morning Ladies!

It's BC Day here and I have the day off! Probably just a lazy day since I have to pack for our little road trip tomorrow. We're going to Kelowna to meet up with my Stepdad's family who are visiting from Montreal. It's only a 4 hour drive but with lots of little towns to stop in it will probably take all day.

Are you bringing the trailer? Sounds like a fun time. I love stopping at places along the way during road trips :lovestruc.

:cool1: Yay for going solo. Although that just means I'll have longer to wait to meet little Laila.

A lot of things can change by October (especially when teenagers are involved :rolleyes1).

I posted this on FB, but I'll post it here anyways. I just got a call from my doctor with my liver test results, and it looks like my liver hasn't been damaged :woohoo:. I thought I was going to have to wait until my appointment tomorrow for the results, but good news is always welcome early!!!

Now for the bad news, I can't consume any alcohol for a few months :scared1:. What is a girl to do :laughing:.

I posted this on FB, but I'll post it here anyways. I just got a call from my doctor with my liver test results, and it looks like my liver hasn't been damaged :woohoo:. I thought I was going to have to wait until my appointment tomorrow for the results, but good news is always welcome early!!!

Now for the bad news, I can't consume any alcohol for a few months :scared1:. What is a girl to do :laughing:.

That's great news!:goodvibes

steph

Kate!!!! That's awesome news ;)

I'm about 3/4 of my way through work and it's been flying! I can't believe it's actually August. That means I will be in Disneyland for the 5K and my birthday in 1 month, yay! And I'll be seeing a few of the Divas there while I'm at it.

Are you bringing the trailer? Sounds like a fun time. I love stopping at places along the way during road trips :lovestruc.

Not this time, Brad has family up there too so we'll stay with them.
Glad you got some good news from the Dr today!!

:cheer2::banana::dance3::cheer2::banana::
Being healthy is way better than booze !!!!!:yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter