Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading a keeping up. I just haven't posted much. Been a little down lately, and you know how when you feel bad, you just don't feel like talking/chatting? Nothing to worry about though. :)
:hug: Hope you cheer up soon.

I will be very, very, very sad when it ends/she leaves as is supposed to be the case at the end of this season.
:eek: Uh oh, he won't be happy about that.

I'm so freakin' tired today!! I'm having the hardest time keeping my eyes open :guilty:. It's going to be a long day at work.
Lots and lots of caffeine! I feel your pain though. I have not been sleeping well and I am soooo tired during the day.

Beth James was AWESOME!! I took a pic of him and Paul just for you!! ;)
:thumbsup2

Meet and Greet team:

I totally forgot that awhile ago I had called the Hojo to get information on the conference room. To my surprise the lady in charge called me back today. I wondered why it said Howard Johnson on my caller ID. :rotfl:

Anyway, I spoke with Julie in Sales. (Her direct line is 714-618-6024) She is apparently in charge of handling the rental of the conference room. The room is still available for the 23rd as of now. She said if we have 10 rooms reserved at the hotel, the cost will be between $129 and $119 to rent it. As you know, there is no food service available.
If we do not have 10 rooms, or a number close to that, then she said it would run us $300 for the night, and she would have to get special permission for us to rent it. At this point it doesn't appear we will have anywhere close to that many rooms. Everyone has jumped ship to the GC. lol

I also spoke with a rep at Carousel and he said their room is also available the evening of the 23rd. (He made sure to remind me we'd need to be out of the room by 9 p.m.)
They do NOT require any rooms to be reserved, and their cost is also $300. OR if you have it catered by Quiznos, and order that dollar amount in food, they will waive the rental fee. Which I believe is what you all opted for last time, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what info I had. Jen, I believe you were in charge of calling the hotels, so you probably already are aware of most of that info, but since Julie called me back today, I just figured I'd pass it along.

Can't wait to hear where it's going to be held next year. :cool1:

:eek: Uh oh, he won't be happy about that.

Probably not! KS has publicly stated this will be her last year, but anything can still happen (this is me keeping my hopes up). Not sure yet if the show itself will end, if they'll find a replacement, or do a spin-off but Brenda's tenure is supposed to be coming to a close at the very least.

I can't wait to see you, Vicki!! I miss you all :sad1: How long is Mr. CA away for?

I know we need to plan where we want to go to dinner!! I've invited SarahMay so hopefully she can join us. Mr. CA is gone until Thurs. but he's really been gone since last Tues. He's been on three trips in the past week and stops by to get new clothes and then he's off again.

Oh, you don't have to. I'll commit for you. You'll be there. See, wasn't that easy. Your welcome. :goodvibes

(seriously, you simply must come!!!!)

You are just so funny! Mr. CA's BD is that weekend too and with all of our trips it's just crazy! I'm glad you committed for me though! I may need to be 'committed' literally soon! :upsidedowI'll try to make it if I can!! Believe me I would love nothing more than to make it work!

Just wanted to stop in a say "hi" to everyone. :wave2:

Welcome to all the new ladies! :cheer2:

Sounds like Katie, Laila, Linda, Vicki, and Mel had a wonderful time at DL! Wish I could have been there - I could use a little girlfriend time. :goodvibes

I've been reading a keeping up. I just haven't posted much. Been a little down lately, and you know how when you feel bad, you just don't feel like talking/chatting? Nothing to worry about though. :)

Capri - I wish you could have joined us too...I've been stressed like crazy with work and the time on Sunday was just what I needed! Lots of hugs to you and I hope the grey cloud lifts soon!:hug::hug::hug:

Back to work for me...:sad2:

Since so many are staying at the GC, is there any kind of space there that we could use? I have never been to this hotel and being Disney it may be way too costly, just a thought though.

Meet and Greet team:

I totally forgot that awhile ago I had called the Hojo to get information on the conference room. To my surprise the lady in charge called me back today. I wondered why it said Howard Johnson on my caller ID. :rotfl:

Anyway, I spoke with Julie in Sales. (Her direct line is 714-618-6024) She is apparently in charge of handling the rental of the conference room. The room is still available for the 23rd as of now. She said if we have 10 rooms reserved at the hotel, the cost will be between $129 and $119 to rent it. As you know, there is no food service available.
If we do not have 10 rooms, or a number close to that, then she said it would run us $300 for the night, and she would have to get special permission for us to rent it. At this point it doesn't appear we will have anywhere close to that many rooms. Everyone has jumped ship to the GC. lol

I also spoke with a rep at Carousel and he said their room is also available the evening of the 23rd. (He made sure to remind me we'd need to be out of the room by 9 p.m.)
They do NOT require any rooms to be reserved, and their cost is also $300. OR if you have it catered by Quiznos, and order that dollar amount in food, they will waive the rental fee. Which I believe is what you all opted for last time, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, just thought I'd share what info I had. Jen, I believe you were in charge of calling the hotels, so you probably already are aware of most of that info, but since Julie called me back today, I just figured I'd pass it along.

Can't wait to hear where it's going to be held next year. :cool1:
I was just thinking about this today, wondering if we had a place yet. I think that if we can get the Carousel room with no rental fee by ordering from Quiznos like we did last year, that would be AWESOME!! :yay::cheer2::cool1: I would even be willing to pay extra for that if we had to. It was just perfect last year, food and all.

Since so many are staying at the GC, is there any kind of space there that we could use? I have never been to this hotel and being Disney it may be way too costly, just a thought though.

I thought the same thing, but then I remembered we looked into doing this the first year and the cost was too high.

BUT just in case, I did place a quick call just now to the GCH event planning number and spoke with one of their reps named Kelley.

She said that the minimum number of people we'd need in order to rent a ballroom/meeting room (same thing) is 50. Which I think we could probably reach if most everyone is planning to attend the Meet and Greet.

But they do not allow any food items to be brought in so it would have to be catered by them. (which would also mean no candy/snack buffet) Their dining menus start at a minimum of $65 per person. They have different menus to choose from, but that is the basic starting price. So she said it would at the very least be 50 x $65 to rent a room. ($3250......yikes!! lol)

I don't want to speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure that would be too much to spend. Although I'm sure it would be nice, and the food would probably be good, but I just think it's too pricey.

I was just thinking about this today, wondering if we had a place yet. I think that if we can get the Carousel room with no rental fee by ordering from Quiznos like we did last year, that would be AWESOME!! :yay::cheer2::cool1: I would even be willing to pay extra for that if we had to. It was just perfect last year, food and all.
I wasn't there last time, but based on all the info we have so far, this appears to be the best option.

But we need to book it quickly because if we lose out on this option, we will be hard pressed to find another one that will work out as well, and for such a decent price.

As I said earlier though, I'm sure Jen and the rest of the Meet and Greet team have been hard at work on this though behind the scenes. :)

Drive by Hi!
Sarah!!!! Wait.....slow down...... Since you are out driving around do you mind picking up some milk? Thanks!! Oh, and some lemonade. It's hot today and ice cold lemonade sounds good. :thumbsup2

:p

I vote for the Carousel option too! GCH would be way too expensive I fear.

My vote goes to The Carousel for the M&G. I loved the view and I think everyone liked the sandwiches.
Sarah and I don't even know where we're staying yet.
So who's hosting the World Of Color viewing from their villa? hint hint:)
Also if you're out there Jill, is another trip planned for Company D?
Kelly, how cool to see the Idols !

Welcome to the newbies ! I'm Trudi, my daughter Sarah got me involved with the group and it's so much fun ! I've been running a day care in my home for 30 years. That's about it, when you're stuck in the house all day every day you don't have much of an exciting life.:rotfl:

I vote for the Carousel option too! GCH would be way too expensive I fear.
I need a "like" button for this post. lol

Mmmmm...food. *drool*
And for this one.

Hey, do you know what days your coming on the trip yet?

Also if you're out there Jill, is another trip planned for Company D?
I think your computer was down at the time, but we did discuss this on the last thread, and she said she'd be planning that again. I already threw my hat in the ring for that one. lol I've never been but I suppose I should check it out at least once. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the welcomes. Very excited about the trip.

Getting flights with airmiles is proving difficult. I didnt' realize it was close to a holiday there. Lots of people must be taking that week off.

Still looking for a non-smoking roomie.

Now, I am off to meet Donny and Marie Osmond, how weird is that?

Heather

What about a two-bedroom villa or a grand villa at GCH, would either of those work for a meet and greet?

Welcome to the newbies ! I'm Trudi, my daughter Sarah got me involved with the group and it's so much fun ! I've been running a day care in my home for 30 years. That's about it, when you're stuck in the house all day every day you don't have much of an exciting life.:rotfl:

This is my mom. She started a home daycare when my little brother was born and was going to do it till he was in kindergarten. :teacher: He is now almost 31 years old. :rotfl2:
A few years ago my parents built a new house and the basement (they have those in WI!) is the daycare complete with a full kitchen!

I'm not going. :ssst: Don't tell the others.
:eek: Sorry, this information is simply unacceptable.

Why, pray tell, are you not going??

What about a two-bedroom villa or a grand villa at GCH, would either of those work for a meet and greet?
Well, I've never stayed in a 2 bedroom villa, but I've been in one and I don't think there's enough room.
For the Meet and Greet we are expecting between 35-50 ladies to attend, plus we'd need room for food set-up, drinks, games, the exchange, etc.
I don't know what a grand villa looks like, so I can't comment on that, but if the conference room at the Carousel is still available, I think that sounds like our best option. (The Hojo conference room has served us well in the past also, but with out enough rooms booked there, we'd have to pay too much so that's probably out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter