Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cynthia and Kandace, I pulled a pic from your Facebook accounts and went ahead and added you to our Diva photos. If you do not like the photos I posted (I thought they were lovely though!) or if you do not wish to have a photo on the front page, let me know and I will take it down immediately. Thanks!!

Thanks Beth-

Good choice on the picture! :thumbsup2

Hi Chris! :wave2:

Beth - Cynthia, Brandy, and Nicole will all be there Thurs-Sunday.

Well I am officially unemployed. I had told my boss that my last day would be August 4 but he said that I am so stressed out that he is worried about me and it is affecting my co-workers so today he told me this would be my last day although they paid me through August 4. I was really hoping not to end it this way so it makes me really sad. At least I have my vacation to Arizona in a couple of days so I will start the serious job search when I get back.

Does anyone have an opening in a villa or hotel (non-smoking) dates 23-27 approx. Depends on what dates my free airmiles will get me there.

Looking to split costs.

Heather

My birthday ended by me leaving my own birthday party about half way through to take my dd to the ER to have 4 stitches put in her chin after she busted it open by falling on a bowling ball. We were in the ER for 3 hours. I want a birthday do over!

SarahMay

Boy Sarah, definately not the "surprise" you were hoping for on your birthday. I hope that she doing OK.

Hi ladies,

I am Heather from Toronto, age 46.

I am going to the Canadian Club 33 lunch thing on Feb. 20 and would love to join you all if it's not too late.

My friend and her brother are going to the Feb 20 lunch but they have their own plans.

I just read about this on the forum and thought "OMG, that sounds freaking awesome. I have to do that if there is still a chance to join."

I just need to figure out hotel.

Heather

:cheer2:

Welcome Heather! You are right...this trip is freaking awesome. Last year was my first trip and I loved it. The girls are great and there is tons of fun to be had.

We are a special group. You can't really do better than a trip with the Divas ;)

Extra Special:thumbsup2

I've been out of the loop for a while, and we have a brand new home! I better gets reading back.....

Tina I love your signature character - he's one of my favorites.

Happy Monday everyone !
I had a great time at the parks on Sat. Not too crowded, in fact I went to HM first and would you believe I had the elevator all to myself ? ! It was very cool, I was waiting for the CM to say his little speach about moving to the 'dead center of the room". But he didn't say one word. I think he should have stayed in character even if it was only one person, oh well.........
Little Mermaid ride was nice, very pretty but much shorted than I thought it would be. Now on to the food.:rotfl: I had the Fried Green Tomato sandwich. It was very good but only one slice of tomato was batter fried, the other was just a regular slice. I thought it came with slaw but they gave me the sweet fries, really good. I got the lemon cupcake and the blueberry pie. Only took a bite of each and brought the rest home. They were fantastic !!!
On my way out I ran into Rochelle who had just arrived. We got to talk a bit.
In a store at DTD, can't remember the name, the artist who did the pirates Vinylmations was there and signing them. I got one for Sarah but didn't wan't to open it so he signed the box.
So how many more days til the trip?:laughing:

Trudi, I was hungry before I read this and now I'm just starving. Food in the oven needs to cook much, much quicker.

Hola Diva's! I found the new home and actually caught up on reading...shocking!
But hey....did I get voted off the island and not know it?? I'm not listed on the 2012 attendee roster :confused3 Don't make me cry!!:confused:

Hope everybody is doing well!

Jill - we definately don't want you to cry.

Just booked my flights. I will arrive Wednesday evening and will depart Tuesday morning. Now to get my villa reserved on the 22nd.

That's exciting - makes it that more real. I'm just waiting for Southwest to open up those days.

Hi Chris! :wave2:

Beth - Cynthia, Brandy, and Nicole will all be there Thurs-Sunday.

Well I am officially unemployed. I had told my boss that my last day would be August 4 but he said that I am so stressed out that he is worried about me and it is affecting my co-workers so today he told me this would be my last day although they paid me through August 4. I was really hoping not to end it this way so it makes me really sad. At least I have my vacation to Arizona in a couple of days so I will start the serious job search when I get back.

Carol - I'm sorry your sad. It always stinks when things don't work out the way you planned. I hope your vacation takes away all your worries. :goodvibes

Trying to relax with some Icy Hot for my poor leg (did something to it during my run today) and The Closer on TNT. Happy weekend to me.

Daisy, yay for booking a flight. That always makes it feel more real.

Jill, I'll add your days now. So your just heading home each night? Ah, the benefit of living so close!

Chris, I'll put those days/times down for now. If anything changes, just let me know.

Carol, thanks for the info about Cynthia, Brandy and Nicole. And I'm sorry things at work are not ending the way you'd hoped, and that you've been so stressed. I hope some time away will help you get your groove back! :hug:

Jodi, hope your dinner cooks quickly! We had Mexican casserole which is a favorite around here and I am stuffed. Funny how Trudi's food review sounded so good earlier.......and now? Not so much! :rotfl2:

Ok, I had some posts quoted, but bumped something and the page closed and I am too tired to go back :goodvibes

Welcome Heather!

I guess I will re-intro myself as well. I went on my first Diva trip this year and had a blast! My DH and I have been married for 5 years this coming October and have two sons, the older one from an ex-boyfriend of mine. They are 8 and 6. I teach ASL at a private high school and live just 20 minutes north of Sacramento.

Spent a relatively quiet weekend this weekend. No movies, no beach or pool, took Ethan back up to camp on Sunday, did a bit of grocery shopping....pretty laid back. Helped Zoe call Laurie's Addy for her bday/
I miss my boy. It's a glimpse of what it will be like when Ethan's off to college. I don't like it!! :sad:
Have mandatory OT for four hours this Saturday, so will be a long week. I really love parts of my job and really don't like other parts.
I'm trying to work every angle and see if I can get to WDW with Zoe before she turns 10 and I have to pay adult rates for her. I anticipate my time where she's excited to go to DL, heck, anywhere, with me is pretty limited. I want to horde it while I can!

It was great seeing everyone...it had been too long! I loved spending time with Linda, Mel, and Katie and always my favorite little Diva in training, Laila...she just gets cuter every time I see her. Mel - I hope you had an uneventful drive home and made it home safe and sound.

Funny you should be talking about sunburns Katie and Linda...I totally forgot to put on sunscreen and well you know my hot pink tank top...my chest was about the same color when I got home. It'll probably peel, I should have known better. :eek:

Hello to the new Divas! I hope you all can make it - always great to have newbies join. This is a great group of women and I've gained some wonderful friendships.

I have been on two of the ladies trips and have attended many mini meets. I can't commit yet to the Oct. Halloween trip but if I can swing it I'll come for at least one day to see everyone. I live an hour from DL with no traffic. I met my DBF at WDW was living in Colorado at the time and have been living my happily ever after for 4 years now. :love: He likes Disney but doesn't love it like I do but he's a trooper. I have an only daughter who just graduated from ASU...and is supposed to be looking for a job. popcorn:: I'm a proud mom nonetheless. I am an account manager for a hotel technology company and travel quite a bit for work and fun.

I get to see Theresa in a week in Vancouver...so excited! :banana:

Can you tell Mr. CA is traveling so I'm lonely and a bit chatty tonight? :flower3:

Hi Friends :)
I just wanted to say I had a wonderful day at DL/DCA with Vicki, Mel, Laila and her mom, the birthday girl Katie. Katie, you look so good! And Laila was such a good girl and so very cute. We rode ST twice, Big Thunder, Pirates, JC, LM, Soarin and visited Blue Sky Cellar. I am afraid we chit chatted through every ride and que, annoying other visitors, but hey, that's how the ball rolls!:laughing: We ate lunch at the new Paradise Pier Greek place. Grilled skewers with rice, veggies and a pita. Healthy tasting but just ok for me. It was the company that was outstanding. Vicki and I saw the new parade just outside of the restrooms by Small World. Awesome spot, we were in the shade sitting down. The only drawback was the sound speakers were right above us so it was kinda loud. I just love this parade! It's so fresh, new and colorful. I sunscreened before I left home but my neck still got red. Great, so I am a menopausal redneck who is burning up.....TMI....sorry!

HB to your twins, Beth:cutie:
I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their Sunday evening. :)

Just booked my flights. I will arrive Wednesday evening and will depart Tuesday morning. Now to get my villa reserved on the 22nd.

Awesome Daisy! So exciting!

It was great seeing everyone...it had been too long! I loved spending time with Linda, Mel, and Katie and always my favorite little Diva in training, Laila...she just gets cuter every time I see her. Mel - I hope you had an uneventful drive home and made it home safe and sound.

Funny you should be talking about sunburns Katie and Linda...I totally forgot to put on sunscreen and well you know my hot pink tank top...my chest was about the same color when I got home. It'll probably peel, I should have known better. :eek:

Hello to the new Divas! I hope you all can make it - always great to have newbies join. This is a great group of women and I've gained some wonderful friendships.

I have been on two of the ladies trips and have attended many mini meets. I can't commit yet to the Oct. Halloween trip but if I can swing it I'll come for at least one day to see everyone. I live an hour from DL with no traffic. I met my DBF at WDW was living in Colorado at the time and have been living my happily ever after for 4 years now. :love: He likes Disney but doesn't love it like I do but he's a trooper. I have an only daughter who just graduated from ASU...and is supposed to be looking for a job. popcorn:: I'm a proud mom nonetheless. I am an account manager for a hotel technology company and travel quite a bit for work and fun.

Can you tell Mr. CA is traveling so I'm lonely and a bit chatty tonight? :flower3:

You are coming to Vancouver?!?! Well, let me know if you have any additional free time. I would love to see you.

Thanks Joni - Kiera is doing much better.

SarahMay

:goodvibes:lovestruc I just got home and read an amazing email from my DH. It said..

Merry Christmas Sweetie and had an itinerary for the 5 of us to be in Disneyland Dec 1-5:love: Dec 2 is DS's 7th birthday too! I can't wait!
I a a little late - but what a sweet man! That would be a dream from true for me. I am the one who plans all the Dsiney trips.

Sitting at the Paris Airport - staying at the Sheraton inside the airport. Kinda fun to look out your hotel window and watch the planes take off and land!!

Wish it was Feb already!

Let me get this straight...you are in Paris, and you are wishing it was Feb?! This must be SOME trip! :rotfl2:

My birthday ended by me leaving my own birthday party about half way through to take my dd to the ER to have 4 stitches put in her chin after she busted it open by falling on a bowling ball. We were in the ER for 3 hours. I want a birthday do over!

SarahMay

No fair, I vote for a do over in Nov. on your cruise. ;) Hope your sweet baby is okay.
I've been thinking about doing the Canadian Club 33 lunch too. You should post a pic so that Beth can add it to the front page (I think you need at least 10 posts before you can do that though - perfect for "getting to know you :thumbsup2)

There is a Club 33 meet for Canadians? How cool is that. Alaska is really close to Canada - Can I come?? That would be the best trip ever, Club 33 then the Divas.

I have almost got my sewing room unpacked and all of my fabric put away. I have got to get busy sewing for my cruise in Nov. I just ordered the cutest salior/nautical dress pattern for my girls. The dress will be made in the ships colors with a hand applique of the bow and stern artwork on the front and back of the dress. It will be alot of work, but totally worth it. The hardest part will be keeping it hidden from my daughter. If she sees it- the surprise will be over.

How far is DL from the port of LA? I was thinking of renting a limo to take us to Port. The kids would get such a kick out of that! It would totally start the cruise off right. They have never been in a limo - come to think of it, I have never been in a limo.

Morning everyone!!

First of all welcome to all the new divas!! So exciting that we are getting so many new faces!!

Since so many are doing reintroductions I will do mine as well. My name is Kelly and I have been on the Dis since about 05 I believe when I joined to plan my 2nd trip to WDW. I have since been 2 more times in 08 and 10 and have been an AP holder to DL since 06 although currently I have let mine expire but will get a new one for the ladies trip. We try to go at least twice a year and I am a HUGE disney fanatic!! :)

My mom and I went on the diva trip in 09 and 10 and are going on this next one as well.

I have been married 12 years (will be 13 right before the trip on 2/14) and I have 1 stepdaughter who is 19 and two bio daughters who are 11 and 10. We live in Northern CA near Sacramento and I work part time and am VERY busy with my girls sports and other activities. Think that about covers me. ;)

Last night we went to the American Idol concert and it was SO fun! We had the best time and I posted some pics on FB but they didn't turn out too hot cuz all I had was my phone and it doesn't take that great of pics but it was a LOT of fun!

We are currently getting ready to go on a big vacation to OR/WA so that is my latest thing but otherwise that is it for me.

Lots of exciting stuff going on and glad that we are getting more planning and getting all the new gals settled in!!

I too am waiting for southwest to release dates before I can look at airfare and then we like to stay at PP so we will also be waiting to see when any "deals" come through. Also as I mentioned I let my AP expire and we have a trip in Nov but I just bought hoppers so I can "start over" on my AP in Feb. That way I can get an entire summer AND fall out of the new AP. And I am looking forward to taking advantage of the new payment plan!! :)

Hope everyone has a great day and great meeting everyone!!

Good morning, ladies!! :)

Thank-you to all those who posted their dates or got in touch with me either here or on Facebook. I added a "tentative" list to our official attendee list as we have several who just won't know until much closer to the trip if they can make it.
Those include Callie, Janelle and Tina, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that things work out for them!! :wizard:
I think I'll add Tracey to that list because I recall her saying she was hoping to come but just didn't know right now.
Wendy posted something too......I can't remember what she said. I'll have to go look for her post. She better come, she's on the scavenger hunt team!!

Still there are several who used to post here that I haven't heard from; Amy, Andrea, Sherri, Kathy, Marie? :confused3 Hope you can still make it!!

Trying to relax with some Icy Hot for my poor leg (did something to it during my run today) and The Closer on TNT. Happy weekend to me.
How's the leg today? :hug:
My husband is obsessed with The Closer. I think he has a secret crush on Kyra Sedgwick's character. Must be her southern drawl. LOL

I miss my boy. It's a glimpse of what it will be like when Ethan's off to college. I don't like it!! :sad:
It's not a fun thought, is it? :hug: Adam is turning 17 in December and he'll be entering junior year this Fall. I don't know when or how that happened!! That's why despite financial "challenges", I am still pushing for a big family vacation next summer. It might be the last one he wants to go on. I mean, I really don't see him flying the coup as soon as he turns 18 like some kids do, but you never know. I want to treasure each moment and make as many memories as we can! :)

I can't wait to see you, Vicki!! I miss you all :sad1: How long is Mr. CA away for?

There is a Club 33 meet for Canadians? How cool is that. Alaska is really close to Canada - Can I come?? That would be the best trip ever, Club 33 then the Divas.

I think yes :thumbsup2 I know that some non-Canadians do come. Let me know if you are serious and I can check it out. I really want to do this, just seven nights is a bit long (yes, I am a bit of a wuss when it comes to being away from home - don't tell anyone though, 'K??)

Happy Tuesday, Divas!!

I can't commit yet to the Oct. Halloween trip but if I can swing it I'll come for at least one day to see everyone.
Oh, you don't have to. I'll commit for you. You'll be there. See, wasn't that easy. Your welcome. :goodvibes

(seriously, you simply must come!!!!)

I a a little late - but what a sweet man! That would be a dream from true for me. I am the one who plans all the Dsiney trips.
Same here. I plan all our vacations, Disney or otherwise. But than again, I am such a control freak, and I'm not sure I'd want it any other way. Plus I am a horrible person to surprise. If I even think he's trying to surprise me with something, I'll nag and dig and annoy until I get it out of him! :rotfl2:

Last night we went to the American Idol concert and it was SO fun! We had the best time and I posted some pics on FB but they didn't turn out too hot cuz all I had was my phone and it doesn't take that great of pics but it was a LOT of fun!
Glad you had fun. How was James' performance? He should've won. :rolleyes1 ;)

This is the current roommate list. I know some people are still in need of a roommate. If you are, let me know and I will add you, along with any specific requests. Thanks.

**Roommate and Hotel List**

~Grand Californian Hotel and Villas~
1. Cheryl/toocherie and Melody/tinkermell in a studio villa

2. Linda/lulubelle and Brianne/lulubellesDD in a studio villa

3. Katie/MamaKate, Capri/disney-super-mom, Tammy/TTLee, Wendy/wendypooh22, Deb/jordansmomma, Steph/21yankees, Stacie/Stacerita, Cristabel/disney-inspired, January/Daisy_77 in a 2 bedroom villa

4. Jen/MrsPinup, Holly (Jen's friend), Carol/karylrocks, Lisa (Carol's daughter) , Jodi/JodiLuvsDisney, Michelle/Zoemakes5, Becci/cccdisney, Cynthia/starshipdelphi, Nicole and Brandy (Becci and Cynthia's friends), Paula/smile4stamps and Jess/Belle Ella in a 2 bedroom villa and studio villa

5. Daisy/PrincessDuck, Jill (Daisy's mother-in-law), Sarah/sahbushka, and Joni/princesskayla in a studio villa

6. Bridget/sierranevada and Lisa/Lisadog

~Hojo Anaheim~
Stacie/Stacielee, Vicki/CoMickey, Angie/BC Disney Lover, Theresa/Queenbillabong, Beth/MommaU4 in a kids suite
Jane/cheshiregirl

~Other~
Kelly/kelmac284 and Rosemarie her mom at either Paradise Pier or one of the Harbor hotels
Monica/groovygirl927 and Dianna/deesquared at Desert Inn and Suites (looking for more roommates)

**Looking for a Hotel/Roommates
Heather/Hazyone101 (non-smoking)
Jen/grizbuzz

Just wanted to stop in a say "hi" to everyone. :wave2:

Welcome to all the new ladies! :cheer2:

Sounds like Katie, Laila, Linda, Vicki, and Mel had a wonderful time at DL! Wish I could have been there - I could use a little girlfriend time. :goodvibes

I've been reading a keeping up. I just haven't posted much. Been a little down lately, and you know how when you feel bad, you just don't feel like talking/chatting? Nothing to worry about though. :)

Sarah - I'm so sorry to hear about Kiera and her chin (and your bummer birthday). Definitely have a "do-over"! :hug:

Daisy - YAY for booking your flights! How exciting! :cool1:

How's the leg today? :hug:
My husband is obsessed with The Closer. I think he has a secret crush on Kyra Sedgwick's character. Must be her southern drawl. LOL

I am feeling, much, much better than yesterday - thanks for asking. Still a tiny bit tight and sore but not at all like it was. Still taking the day off from walking or running but I think I'm going to do some yoga and get in some good stretching. That works for my "cross-training" day and hopefully help me get back on the wagon tomorrow.

:rotfl: about you DH. Must be the Southern drawl! It's one of the few shows I can still watch these days with dedication and I love her character. I will be very, very, very sad when it ends/she leaves as is supposed to be the case at the end of this season.

Having a good morning so far. Worked on my PTR for September a little and just got back from breakfast with my friend. I think we both sent the entire time talking about how much we both want to move out. I'm still living with my family but it's getting to be too much for me with some stuff going on with my sister. It's just hard when you have nobody to move out with and can't afford to on your own. She's on the verge of moving in with her boyfriend and so that seemed to be the entire topic of the morning. Fun and exciting. Now, for some reason, my sister is washing my car. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Good Morning Everyone :wave:.

I'm so freakin' tired today!! I'm having the hardest time keeping my eyes open :guilty:. It's going to be a long day at work.

I've been reading a keeping up. I just haven't posted much. Been a little down lately, and you know how when you feel bad, you just don't feel like talking/chatting? Nothing to worry about though. :)

:hug::hug::hug::hug: Hugs to you Capri! I wish I lived closer so I could give you a shoulder to lean on.

Beth James was AWESOME!! I took a pic of him and Paul just for you!! ;) but they just didn't turn out that hot. James even came into the audience and was shaking everyone's hands as well as he gave one of his hankies that he always has in his back pocket away to someone in the crowd. It was great. I have to say no matter WHAT you thought of the performers during the show they were all AMAZING last night. REALLY great performances and even the ones I didn't like that much during the show I was VERY impressed with. They all did great and it was just a really wonderful show!

And hey we found out we were sitting right next to Stefano's parents!! They had backstage passes on and my mom overheard them talking and she asked them about the passes and they said they were his parents and had come to see the show. There were also several other of his family there. Pretty cool! He did a GREAT job as well! Also poor Lauren broke her leg and had a walking cast up to her knee. I felt so bad for her but she did a great job and they all were helping her get around. The girls absolutely LOVED it and it was just really fun! Lots of teens and kids with homemade shirts and signs and it was just a fun time!

Capri ((hugs)) hope things start looking up for you and I only wished you lived closer to Seattle so I could see you when I am up there next week!!

Looking forward to seeing you though in Feb!!

My next big excitement is the fair. Have to drop everything off on Thurs and then we are going on Friday. Don't really know what to expect. We are going to watch them judge the jams and I don't know if we will actually be able to find out if Katy won anything or not. I hope so! That would be so exciting for her but either way I just hope we find out one way or the other. And we love to go so hopefully it will be a fun day either way. And we won't know on her pickles because the judging for those isn't till next week when we are gone so I am not sure how that works. I think we might just find out at the end when we go pick everything up.

Anyway so exciting hearing about everyone's recent DL visits and upcoming trips and of course planning for the trip.

Our next trip is Nov so I am excited about that as well. We are going with friends for the entire trip so it will be a new experience but should be fun. They are not the huge fanatics we are so looking forward to sharing new things with them as well as some grownup time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter