Girls Plus Size Jeans

nena

DIS Veteran
DD is 6 going on 7 in February. It is hard to find her any pants that fit. Usually we get her capris in a size 10!! She needs the the width and the length is ok because they are capris. Well, the weather is getting colder and she can no longer wear her capris. Its time for some pants.
Yesterday, while shopping at Khols, I found her Levi's, adjustable size 8 1/2 plus, Stretch Flare jeans for 19.99. These pants gave her room in the waist but, I just spent 2 hours hemming 3 inches off the bottom.:scared1:

DD hasnt worn long pants in over 2 years. DH and I think they look great on her. So, where else can I find plus size jeans?

I'm also thinking about investing in a sewing machine. Any budget recommendations? I would onle use it to make alterations on the kids clothes. TIA!!

JC penney has a great girls plus size section. Also check sears.

Have you tried JcPenny or Sears? They both sell girls plus clothing. We are partial to JcPenny though. They have a Bobby Jack clothing line that's really cute. DD has moved on to the junior section now, but I always enjoyed finding stuff for her at JcPenny.

You can try gymboree.com, gap.com and oldnavy.com

They both only have children's plus sizes on-line. I'm not sure about return policies though. I know that gymbo pants run real long.

As for sewing machines, if you're only using it for simple hemming, one under $100 should suffice. Check sears, target or walmart. My target sometimes has them on clearance too.

Lands End has plus sized girls clothes. Look in the "overstocks" section and you can get them for a good price. Generally, there are free shipping codes too.

When I had a similiar problem with DD we always had great luck with Sears and Lands End. Penney's and Levis' were always so much longer than DD was tall. Sears brand Canyon River Blues were always DD's favorite.

DD is 6 going on 7 in February. It is hard to find her any pants that fit. Usually we get her capris in a size 10!! She needs the the width and the length is ok because they are capris. Well, the weather is getting colder and she can no longer wear her capris. Its time for some pants.
Yesterday, while shopping at Khols, I found her Levi's, adjustable size 8 1/2 plus, Stretch Flare jeans for 19.99. These pants gave her room in the waist but, I just spent 2 hours hemming 3 inches off the bottom.:scared1:

DD hasnt worn long pants in over 2 years. DH and I think they look great on her. So, where else can I find plus size jeans?

I'm also thinking about investing in a sewing machine. Any budget recommendations? I would onle use it to make alterations on the kids clothes. TIA!!

Sears also has plus size jeans for girls.

It's not cheap, but many Deb stores have plus sizes for kids, too -- JC Penney's is always top of my list. I think they go up to 20 1/2 (XXL) on shirts, and maybe even in pants.

Target has plus size girl jeans & they have the pull elastic in the waistband for a better fit. They were pretty inexpensive.

We usually do Target, cheap and often on sale! My dd needs the room of the 1/2 size (especially in the backside) and Target jeans have the adjustable waist so they stay up! They come in basic jean colors. I too have to hem them, dd is long waisted, short legged> love the sewing machine for this! We go to the local craft stores to find iron-ons or such to dress up the plain jeans making them fun and pretty!

We also get 1/2 sizes from Walmart (often with adjustable waist!) and Sears & JC Pennys. I like Penny's jeans, but no adjustable waist and dd is not good with keeping them up with a belt.

I take DD to a seamstress who does a beautiful job hemming pants for $5 a pair. They don't look "hemmed" when they are done ... she has even reattached bows and other embellishments (for an additional fee, of course). Sewing is an exercise in frustration for me.

Kohls.com has more plus sizes than their stores offer. Our Kohl's doen't even carry plus. Today I had trouble finding a pair of cute 12 1/2 size dress pants for dd at JC penneys. I actually got her a pair of size 6 petite in the ladies area.

Thank you for all the great suggestions. I will be trying JcPenney and Sears tomorrow, when I hope the mall will be less crowded. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter