Girls-only Trip~Old thread, see first post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcing...

THE DIS DIVA REDNECK HILLBILLY HOEDOWN

hillbilly.gif
RedneckDiva2.jpg
15883hillbilly.gif

YEEEEHAW!
THE MEETIN' AND GREETIN' COMMITTEE
IS INVITIN' ALL YERSELVES TO A TOE TAPPIN',
ROADKILL CHOMPIN', OVERALL WEARIN',
WHISKER SPORTIN', MULLET BEARIN', RED SOLO CUP GULPIN',
BILLY HILL & THE HILLBILLIES LOVIN' PARTY!
FEBRUARY 28th, 5:30pm, AT THE CAROUSEL HOTEL PARTY ROOM.

BE THERE!
Billyhill.jpg

Oh.My.Goodness.....that is killing me!!!! So we dress up for the M&G? I do teach line dancing on Monday nights so I have plenty of things I can wear for this......LMAO!!!! :) I love this theme :)

That's a better rate than the military discount! Okay, next question, does anyone want to split a room? Not sure if I can swing the whole thing by myself, especially the month before our WDW trip. I'm not necessarily a fan of splitting a room with people that I don't know all that well, but I'm willing to risk it for the Divas. Unless this is all a ruse to steal my kidneys and leave me in the hotel bathtub filled with ice. Then we may have a problem.

I'm super tidy (room inspections in the Army are at fault for that) and sleep like a rock, especially after a cocktail or two. I am often an early riser on park days, but again, because of the Army I've learned to be quiet and not wake my roomies when we are on different schedules or have different sleeping habits.

I'm gonna go ahead and book it tomorrow and hope that I can find someone to share with me. This locks it in just a bit more for me. I have to go if I have the room booked, right?!

I'll need a roomie......:)

Thanx Beth!!!......I do act like a kid.....hard to believe I'll be 50 in September!! :scared1::rotfl:

:sad2: Man do I feel old........ :headache:

Not to scare you or anything, but I felt great when I was 45, but the last 4 yrs everything is going to pot......it's like your body goes.....OMG there's gravity!!! :rotfl2: That and everything hurts, your stomach can't tolerate foods like it used to and I can barely make it to 10pm now!!! Oh, to be young again........ :rolleyes:

Really?? I had no clue.....I thought they came up with the Retro Rate so anyone could get it........sorry about that Andrea. :guilty:

Today started out ok, but as most of you know.....I lost my step-dad I guess, right after midnight. I just didn't get notified until mid-morning today. We knew it was coming as hospice had been providing his care for the last 2-3 weeks but it's never easy. This makes 3 parents in 7 months......I think that's more than enough........I'd really like to see the rest of this year be on a happier note. :sad1:

Anywhos.......glad the theme of the Meet-n-Greet seems to be liked......we should have a great time y'all!! :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug: :flower3:

so, ya, I'll need a roomie for the Diva trip. :) I'm definitely planning on coming!! I'm down for doing things outside of the park, but I'd rather not pay admission to another park if I can avoid it. ie, Wild Animal Park or SeaWorld, I've already got the Disneyland AP and a Season Pass for 6 Flags, I just can't rationalize another park ticket. :) I think it would be amazing if the HoJo would just give us a block of rooms at the Retro Rate, instead of making us all book separate rooms, that way we could all be together. :)

Bahahhahhaaaa.. hubby took a peek at the M&G announcement, raised eyebrows and walked away shaking his head and muttering.. divas, redneck, mutter mutter. :lmao:

Well now, that is nothing different than what I normally wear. :rolleyes1

thumbsup2
I shop at Walmart and I'm not ashamed to admit it.:laughing: In fact I'm wearing clothers from Walmart right now. Lee capri's, a decent looking blouse and Earth Spirit brand sandles that are so comfy.
Let's hear it for Walmart shoppers!!!:banana:

You're one classy Bey-otch ;).

This is true, I cannot lie :rolleyes1

What a fun theme!

And there are plenty of things to do for an non-park day (or evening) How about bowling at Club 300 at the Garden Walk? I'd say it goes with our 'hick' theme, but this place is more like a night club, complete with bouncer at the door. They serve food at the bowling alley, or we could eat elsewhere at the Garden Walk - Johnny Rockets, Bubba Gumps, Calif. Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, McCormick & Schmidts, Roys, etc...

For a day trip we could go up to Hollywood, see a show, eat at the Disney Soda Shop, go shopping at Newport Beach, go shopping at Southcoast Plaza, go shopping in Hollywood at the Beverly Center, or go shopping at the Irvine Spectrum. Or we could go south to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, or the San Diego Zoo, or go see Balboa Park in San Diego, or the Hotel Del Coronado (the original Grand Floridian) or go to La Jolla etc....

We've got plenty of time to figure out what we want to do and schedule it in. I'm game for a non-park day, and I have a car and will be happy to drive.

I'm down for just about any day trips. Sad to say, I only ever go to Disneyland when I'm in CA (OK, we did do the Hollywood tour when my sister hurt her knee and we couldn't do anything else - so I've seen the Hollywood sign and the gate to the Playboy Mansion :thumbsup2 )

Trailer Park Barbie. Love it! :rotfl:

You have no idea what my mind can come up with in 9 months...... just you wait.

I saw Capri`s post to get over here so here I am. I'm definitely coming this trip but I'm still not sure which days I'll be there. There are so many new ladies on here that I better start reading back a bunch of pages.

Hey roomie. Quit yer slacking and git to reading!!!!

Hey, I recognize those curlers!!! It's Vegas Marcie!!!!

I luvs me some Wally World!!

........ and now I want some bacon.............

I shop at Walmart and I'm not ashamed to admit it.:laughing: In fact I'm wearing clothers from Walmart right now. Lee capri's, a decent looking blouse and Earth Spirit brand sandles that are so comfy.

I'm currently in shorts from WalMart, socks from REI and everything else is Kohl's, I think. Maybe a dash of JCPenney. LOL I shop at WalMart. A lot. Gotta save my money for that pesky little Disney habit I have..... :rolleyes1

Today was ADR day #2 - Epcot. Of course, they are holding all the good restaurants out of the system right now because of the Candlelight Processional dining package which won't go on sale until sometime in July, probably. SIGH. So I got a dinner booked for Cape May Cafe for the seafood buffet. Mmmmm... crab legs..... Tomorrow's ADR is Tusker House for breakfast. Need to eat big for breakfast that day since I go straight from Animal Kingdom to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and who knows what chance I will have to eat anything more than snack cart food (and the cookies, cocoa and apple juice they serve for the party). Hopefully, I'll make friends with the people in front of or behind me for the 7 Dwarf meet & greet and we can take turns holding the spot in line and running to Golden Oak or Pecos Bills for food. That would be ideal, since I'll be in line for the dwarfs from about 5:45 until the party starts at 7 and then however long it takes to get thru there. When I did the Halloween party in 2010, we were in line before 6 and my photos with the dwarfs are time stamped 7:15 or so. The things we do for the love of Disney..... LOL

Hey, I shop at Walmart, too!! :rotfl2:
I do a lot of my grocery and household supply shopping there. ::yes::

Clothing...? Sometimes. Not very much. Pajamas, sweatpants, socks, stuff like that.
Some of their kids and juniors tops, jeans and shorts aren't much cheaper than I can get at Kohls when Kohls has a good sale and I have an extra 30% off coupon. :confused3
Or even other stores. For example, I bought Noelle two Hollister graphic tees for $7.50 each online yesterday. They were on sale and I had a promo code. The graphic tees at Walmart sell for the same price, $7.50-$8.00. You have to do your homework. :thumbsup2

I can't decide what to do. I was originally planning on using my points to stay at GCH in a studio for the trip but the rates at the Hojo's are very tempting. I think it would be a lot more fun to stay where the main group is at too, but I love the Grand. Why so I have to be so indecisive? :confused3 Is anyone else planning to stay at Grand and is it a very long walk to the parks from the Hojo's?

As of now, Lisa and I are still planning on the Grand. We just love the hotel. Wish Hojo's was closer - I just hate long walks after a long day in the parks!

Laurie~ So sorry for your loss; I agree with Katie - too much sadness for you this year :hug: I think it is time for some happiness and joy!:wizard:

Katie~ Bom chicka bow wow!:woohoo: we need to see some pics of your new man!

You all have been super chatty this past week so I only skimmed through...things are busy here! I just wrapped up giving finals and now I only have 3 work days left (tomorrow I am off woo hoo!). Friday is going to stink since it is supposed to be close to 100 degress and we are having a fun-day with bounce houses and go carts. Teachers have to monitor the teens which means hot weather and my cardigan to cover my arm. Yuck! The other teachers have been giving me a hard time for my "poor life choices" :rotfl:

Next week I am dying my hair pink for the summer - I hope I can pull it off!

My M&G costume is a secret to all but the committee....it should be funny (I hope!)

I think it would be amazing if the HoJo would just give us a block of rooms at the Retro Rate, instead of making us all book separate rooms, that way we could all be together. :)

The only problem with that is we're in all different buildings. If they would give us the cheapest rate for the more expensive rooms, that would be AWESOME!

Ok, I have to say, for anyone that has not stayed at HOJO's. The walk is NOTHING! Seriously, the 8-10 minutes is a stroll. (And I have short legs people!) It is a 5 minute fast walk. And The Grand could easily be just as far, depending on where your room is and if you are at Disneyland or DCA. Not that I wouldn't love to stay at the Grand, which I would love to, by the way...But just don't want the perception out there that HOJO's is significantly farther to walk to.

And speaking of the Grand California...Hey you DVC owners (and you know who you are!) I would love to work a trade where I booked you a week at the Disney World Resort, or Vero Beach or Hilton Head etc. of your choice and you book me 100 points worth at The Grand. I know you want to do it! A nice 2 bedroom, maybe even a Grand Villla! Just PM me:)

Bonjour! (I have to practice!)

I love the M&G theme! Thank you M&G committee in advance...I know it will be great fun!! I think I can come up with something creative for this one unlike the past couple where I just couldn't. ;)

I'm definitely planning on coming!! I'm down for doing things outside of the park, but I'd rather not pay admission to another park if I can avoid it. ie, Wild Animal Park or SeaWorld, I've already got the Disneyland AP and a Season Pass for 6 Flags, I just can't rationalize another park ticket. :) I think it would be amazing if the HoJo would just give us a block of rooms at the Retro Rate, instead of making us all book separate rooms, that way we could all be together. :)

Yay, Kerri! You're coming!! I will finally get to meet you but I might get to meet you sooner. I read you are coming to DL early July, I am going to meet Heather and family on July 8th for the Roundup BQ so maybe we can meet up earlier in the day? Unless your dates have changed? I know you'll have your DD but maybe we can sneak in a conversation regarding those souviers!

I turned 50 last Nov. and although the thought of moving into a new category when filling out forms and survey’s was depressing, it’s not too bad. I still feel much younger and my body is holding out okay. Not sure I could ever run a marathon but I am signed up for the 5K during the DL marathon weekend. I feel like I have less energy or maybe it’s really just motivation. :confused3 If only it weren’t such a struggle to lose a few pounds. :mad: I did get a trip to Hawaii out of turning 50 and also I’m getting a trip to France so heck who knows what’s in store for the 60’s?????

Laurie - *Hugs*

Katie - Have fun with the new guy!

WELCOME to all of the newbies, you’ve joined a great, fun group of ladies!

I'm booked! February 27th through March 3rd.

My dear pixiewings you are welcome to share with me if you'd like. I reserved the room for 2 adults, I need to split it but I think more than 2 people who aren't related in a room might remind me just a bit too much of sharing a hooch in Afghanistan, minus the running water and comfy beds.

I think it was you who said she has a CPAP; that's not a problem for me, I have headphones. And I've stayed in open bays with some of my Soldiers who use a CPAP as well, so no worries.

Two nights are retro rate and two are 20% off, not a bad deal at all. If they add retro rates in March will we be able to change our reservations to reflect that rate? I should have asked, but I was just excited about booking.

I :love: that pic of Marcie.

Katie~ Bom chicka bow wow!:woohoo: we need to see some pics of your new man!

Sure. As soon as I remember to take one. I'm not very good at remembering to take pics. But he's like you with a tattoo sleeve on his arm (which I :love:) and unlike you he's actually very shy LOL.

And Ugh to wearing a cardigan in the heat!!!

Ok, I have to say, for anyone that has not stayed at HOJO's. The walk is NOTHING! Seriously, the 8-10 minutes is a stroll. (And I have short legs people!) It is a 5 minute fast walk. And The Grand could easily be just as far, depending on where your room is and if you are at Disneyland or DCA. Not that I wouldn't love to stay at the Grand, which I would love to, by the way...But just don't want the perception out there that HOJO's is significantly farther to walk to.

I agree. I don't think the walk is that bad at all.

I'm booked! February 27th through March 3rd.

My dear pixiewings you are welcome to share with me if you'd like. I reserved the room for 2 adults, I need to split it but I think more than 2 people who aren't related in a room might remind me just a bit too much of sharing a hooch in Afghanistan, minus the running water and comfy beds.

I think it was you who said she has a CPAP; that's not a problem for me, I have headphones. And I've stayed in open bays with some of my Soldiers who use a CPAP as well, so no worries.

Two nights are retro rate and two are 20% off, not a bad deal at all. If they add retro rates in March will we be able to change our reservations to reflect that rate? I should have asked, but I was just excited about booking.

When I made my reservation this morning I asked if a Retro Rate came out for March would I be able to add it and the answer was yes! :thumbsup2

Friday is going to stink since it is supposed to be close to 100 degress and we are having a fun-day with bounce houses and go carts. Teachers have to monitor the teens which means hot weather and my cardigan to cover my arm. Yuck! The other teachers have been giving me a hard time for my "poor life choices" :rotfl:

Next week I am dying my hair pink for the summer - I hope I can pull it off!

My M&G costume is a secret to all but the committee....it should be funny (I hope!)

You remind me so much of my friend Lore, in fact I had to check your picture on the first page to make sure it wasn't her! She also lives in Roseville, and she teaches high school in Sacramento. And she has gorgeous body art. She has a piece on her arm that I just adore. Good luck on Friday, hope you don't melt!

Okay, I admit I'm a bit of a hotel snob and I LOVE the Grand. But, I had such a blast that first year when nearly everyone stayed at HoJo's. In fact I think we took those pictures of Barbie Beth in our room at the HOJO's that year. So, I'll probably book there. I know we have to call their direct number .. is it on the first page? Is there someone in particular to ask for?

Also, I know there was some talk of having the M&G on a Friday .. or changing the day for something. Did we do that? Or decide not to?

I talked with Jamay this morning and I think we are going to stick with the Grand. I don't plan on renewing my AP for next year and I would need to get one to do the retro rates, also we love being able to go the Magic Mornings when we stay on property.

We are also talking about driving to Disneyland from Washington/Oregon, it's something I have always wanted to do and I think it will be a blast and add to the girls only fun. If anyone else in the area wants to ride along let me know, we will have comfortable room for two more ladies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter