Girls-only Trip~Old thread, see first post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to go camping all the time when we lived in SoCal. We didn't go in Michigan because the mosquitoes were awful. And we haven't gone here because I don't like desert camping. :rolleyes:
I miss it. We did regular old tent camping and it was a lot of work, but also we had a lot of fun. :goodvibes

That is not camping!!! :lmao: We love camping and have a few trips planned around CA this year :)

I do tent camping. Hubby? Not so much. He went ONCE with me to Big Basin. We left the next morning and retreated to his mother's house where I proceeded to sleep out on the back deck. He's a wimp. His idea of roughing it is a hotel that doesn't have room service. LOL

Camping??? Like in a hotel room??? Lol

That's what Russ says. LOL. I admit to taking an airbed when I tent camp, but other than that, I actually CAMP. As in pitch a tent, cook on a little propane burner or over the campfire, lucky if we have a cold shower that takes quarters and toilets that flush CAMPING. LOL

Fly-by HI from me. We are less than 90 days to Stampin' Up Convention, so I will become more and more scarce as July 17th draws closer. And if I have to take the train, it will be July 16th that I leave. Still ironing out my travel details......

That's what Russ says. LOL. I admit to taking an airbed when I tent camp, but other than that, I actually CAMP. As in pitch a tent, cook on a little propane burner or over the campfire, lucky if we have a cold shower that takes quarters and toilets that flush CAMPING. LOL

When our kids were little we'd camp every year in the High Sierras, a walk in campground, park up on the road and hike in with all our gear. Hard work.:laughing: No running water, we'd bring our own and get some from a nearby stream. Hub fished for dinner. It was really fun with very little people around. But no matter how carefully I smoothed out the ground for the tent I ended up with a rock under me at bed time.:rotfl:

Good morning, ladies! :)

Camping??? Like in a hotel room??? Lol
LOL No. Real, honest-to-goodness camping. You should take the kids. I bet they'd love it. Or if you can't do a tent, find a place with cabins to rent. :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 Yes, that kind of camping. Although, I do have to insist on showers and flush toilets.
We used to go with friends when the kids were little. Once all the kids were tucked into their sleeping bags for the night, the grown ups would sit around the campfire, make smores, drink, talk, etc. It was fun!

When our kids were little we'd camp every year in the High Sierras, a walk in campground, park up on the road and hike in with all our gear. Hard work.:laughing: No running water, we'd bring our own and get some from a nearby stream. Hub fished for dinner. It was really fun with very little people around. But no matter how carefully I smoothed out the ground for the tent I ended up with a rock under me at bed time.:rotfl:

Oh, wow! :worship: That is a true camper. I like to camp, but I need basic comforts like the water, showers, flush toilets, etc.
I can't imagine hiking in! We used to camp on lakes so we could use our Sea Doo.

Me?? Avoiding you?? :rolleyes1

:rotfl2: No, not at all. I have to say, I was happy Ruben got some OT. It's been pretty much nonexistent where he works for months and months now. :rolleyes: He's getting more this coming Sunday as well. It will help a bit with our DL trip!
But, the downside was missing out on meeting you.....again! :sad2: Guess this just means you are for sure going to have to come on the ladies trip! :thumbsup2

I'm glad he was able to get it as well. I'm halfway to convincing myself to get an AP, take Cass on her birthday trip and do the Diva trip in March. :) Ok to be honest, a little more than halfway.....LOL

I do use an air mattress and I prefer to have flush toilets and showers (even if I never use the shower I still like to have the option) but ya, a tent and cooking on the fire or a propane stove are the way we camp. :) Speaking of....I should go online tonight and see if I can book us a site or two. :)

That's the kind of camping Micah likes to do, but I do prefer a toilet.....LOL

Feeling better today, cold is almost kicked! I just hope it doesn't come back again!!
I just got some good news, well an offer really, that will keep me happy for days!!!!! lol I just hope it pans out! :)
Oh and Micah got a cold call for a job opportunity........I'm very hopeful it works out! It would be doing the same thing he's doing now (he's a project manager at a environmental firm) but for a national company (hoping for a higher pay grade) instead of local. They had a pm quit and they asked clients for suggestions on who to contact, one of Micah's clients suggested him so they called him and he's got an interview on Thursday!! They called him last Wednesday, he submitted his resume that night, we went to Vegas the next day and they called him Friday afternoon to set up an interview. So, keep your fingers crossed!! :)

Did anyone get the email for the AP Night for Fantasmic? I'd like to go but you have to RSVP at a ticket booth at Disneyland.

We will go this weekend and hopefully there are still spots open. It's May 14th and 15th and 21st and 22nd from 10:00pm (when the park closes) to 1:00am.

Hi Divas! It has been a crazy busy month so I haven't been on for a while but just wanted to pop in and say hi. Btw, I am totally in awe of the campers. I used to tent camp when I lived in a warmer climate but OMG where we live now - not for the faint of heart. My friends that camp around here tend to have trailers, campers or tent campers ; ) Anyway, hope everyone is having a great week.

Did anyone get the email for the AP Night for Fantasmic? I'd like to go but you have to RSVP at a ticket booth at Disneyland.

We will go this weekend and hopefully there are still spots open. It's May 14th and 15th and 21st and 22nd from 10:00pm (when the park closes) to 1:00am.

Hi everyone - A quick hello to you all! I have not been on this thread for so long and only read back a couple of pages.

Hi Sarah - I did get the email invite however I can't get to DL until May 5 and I am thinking they might already be sold out by then but I'm going to still try. You might be able to call and RSVP. I know some people, Courtney, called and since she lives 2 hours away she was able to RSVP via the AP holders line. I live too close and they wouldn't let me. :( I hope you get in!

I love tent camping but I perfer a camp ground with a flushing toilet! We are thinking about going camping over Memorial Weekend. Happy Camping to all that have plans!

I will be off to Vegas this weekend with my daughter and I get to see Beth and Jane!! Can't wait! I am taking my DD to see Love for her birthday gift.

We will then drive from Vegas to Phoenix where I'll spend half of the week with DD and then half of the week with Divas! It will be a really fun week!!

4 days after I get home from PHX we are going to Denver for my nephew's high school graduation and my niece's baby shower.

Hugs to the Divas that need them!
:flower3:

Hey everyone! I am trying to catch up, but there have been a few pages of chatting since we left on our WDW trip! We got back a few days ago, and we had a blast. I've started a TR (link in my siggy) if anyone wants to join. :)

Hope everyone here is well! :goodvibes

Hi Girls!!

I hope you all are doing well. I've been so busy lately, I've hardly been able to keep up. But when given a minute or two, I've done my share of quick lurking. :lmao:

Beth, I saw the hotel you booked and it sounds like you got a great deal. You should have a blast. I love a good deal! Next weekend my friend and I are heading to Reno on a Living Social deal. A great price and great friends...I can't wait.

All the talk of camping makes me miss my tent trailer. It was great and easy to use, especially loved that heater on cold sierra nights. We sold it because with just my daughter and I we weren't getting enough use out of it.

Jen, so glad to hear your having date nights. I hope you and your husband truely enjoy the time together.

So this last weekend, my Dad, my stepmom, and myself worked on planning a trip to Europe :cool1: in 2013. So excited. We are doing Paris, Prague, Edinburgh and London. If anyone has been to any of these places and has any must dos or must don'ts, please send me a message. I would love to hear and can use all the help possible.

Oh yea, my DD and I will be at Disneyland the first week of June. Anyone planning on being around? I would love to meet up. Lisa, are you still heading down the week after?

Have a great weekend all!!! Only one more day :thumbsup2

Morning ladies! I am so far behind in keeping up. :guilty:

Tomorrow is Reesepuzel's and Luca's Tangled party. Today I am making Hazelnut soup and "Snuggly Duckling" cut out cookies. The girls are making banners, braids, a donut tower cake, Pasquel cupcakes, an art play center, pin the nose on Flynn Rider, and so on. They even ordered those lanterns that you send off into the sky! I'm going to wear my Mother Gothel costume that I wore to the Meet and Greet. LOL! :laughing:

Hope everyone is well. :flower3:

Tomorrow is Reesepuzel's and Luca's Tangled party. Today I am making Hazelnut soup and "Snuggly Duckling" cut out cookies. The girls are making banners, braids, a donut tower cake, Pasquel cupcakes, an art play center, pin the nose on Flynn Rider, and so on. They even ordered those lanterns that you send off into the sky! I'm going to wear my Mother Gothel costume that I wore to the Meet and Greet. LOL! :laughing:

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful party! Great creative ideas!

You're party sounds like so much fun Mel. If I lived near your I'd sneak in for a peek.:)
I'm going laptop shopping again this weekend. So many to choose from and so little money to spend.:laughing:

Oh yea, my DD and I will be at Disneyland the first week of June. Anyone planning on being around? I would love to meet up. Lisa, are you still heading down the week after?

It doesn't look like it. I have a friend taking her daughter to DL at the beginning of August and I will probably try and go then instead.

Not much going on here. I've been busy organizing stuff for the stamping website group for Convention. Went to the dentist. Same old, same old. Hubby is officially employed and on payroll. We filled out insurance forms last night. Hooray! No more COBRA! LOL Going to lunch with a friend today. Need to go to Michael's. Need to call my mother and help her book her flight for June. And the usual grocery shopping, laundry and general housework hell. The fun never ends. LOL

that sounds like so much fun!!!! I love those lights! :) I'd crash if I could. :)

You're party sounds like so much fun Mel. If I lived near your I'd sneak in for a peek.:)
I'm going laptop shopping again this weekend. So many to choose from and so little money to spend.:laughing:

Good luck finding one, I'd like to get one for Cassidy for her birthday but if I take her to DL that's going to be what she gets. LOL

It doesn't look like it. I have a friend taking her daughter to DL at the beginning of August and I will probably try and go then instead.

Not much going on here. I've been busy organizing stuff for the stamping website group for Convention. Went to the dentist. Same old, same old. Hubby is officially employed and on payroll. We filled out insurance forms last night. Hooray! No more COBRA! LOL Going to lunch with a friend today. Need to go to Michael's. Need to call my mother and help her book her flight for June. And the usual grocery shopping, laundry and general housework hell. The fun never ends. LOL

YAY for being employed and on the payroll!! YAY for no more COBRA! I don't know how people can afford that, it would have taken all of my unemployment to do COBRA and that would have only covered me! :scared1:

Speaking of payroll and jobs....Micah interviewed for a new job yesterday, it sounded like he did really well and they really liked him, if he was to get this position it would mean a slightly longer commute (60 min instead of 45) but it would also mean a LOT more pay......so, keep your fingers crossed he gets an offer! :)
I'm feeling so much better then I did the last 2 weeks! I still have a bit of congestion and my voice is still a bit rough but all in all I'm doing much better. I'm going out with friends tonight, should be a good time!! And we have a busy weekend planned, we have a "frag swap" tomorrow (it's a saltwater fish thing lol), then I'm hoping Micah and I can do dinner and a movie tomorrow night, Sunday a friend of mine from NJ is coming into SF and I'm meeting her for dinner. I'm excited and can't wait!!! I've known her for 12 years but I've never met her in real life......she and I met on a Mom's board, we both have DD's born in Dec 99. :) So it will be busy but fun!!

Hi everyone - A quick hello to you all! I have not been on this thread for so long and only read back a couple of pages.

Hi Sarah - I did get the email invite however I can't get to DL until May 5 and I am thinking they might already be sold out by then but I'm going to still try. You might be able to call and RSVP. I know some people, Courtney, called and since she lives 2 hours away she was able to RSVP via the AP holders line. I live too close and they wouldn't let me. :( I hope you get in!

:flower3:

I think I'm too close too. Hopefully there's still spots this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter