Girls-only Trip~Old thread, see first post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Tracey! Good to see you here! How are your WDW trip plans coming? Tell me everything! I need to live vicariously through you. lol

Well I started a pretrip report, but I have not had time to do much on there, and also my planning is so disjointed because I feel a little out of my element and keep changing my mind. Now if I was Molly, I could just write the journey and it would be entertaining and fun. But I don't have those skills. so I just don't write. so why did I make the pre trip report??? I don't know:)

Anyhow, planning is going good, I think...

Bummer you couldn't sneak along and come visit me here! Ditch the hubby with the boys while we go have some fun. ;)

I wish! Those darn kids get in the way, always needing to be cared for and whatnot.

Tracey - Another NW gal! Nice to meet you :) Yeh! The bakery is called The Flying Apron. There is one in Seattle and one in Redmond. I am not sure where the Seattle branch is but the one in Redmond is right across the street from Mills Music about two blocks from RTC

Thanks! I will tell her about it.

:hug: Jessica!!!! :hug: I'm so happy for you & it's wonderful that things are falling in place for you!! Got my fingers crossed that you'll find a good fit for roommates too. Give Mickey a squeeze for me & let him know that Michayla is doing great!!! :yay:

Great News Jessica! Very happy and even sort of envious of you:) Oh, the carefree life...

Laurie, So glad to hear how great Michayla is doing. Modern medicine is such a miracle.

And all you parents with new teen drivers...I am on the brink. My son is 15.5 and can get his permit. He needs to study the test so he can pass it or else get registered for drivers ed, which I said I would pay for provided he made honor role, which he did, but he has no time to take the class. So, I am just holding my breath and enjoying the delay as much as possible. He did comment the other day that he needed to get his permit so he could start driving me when he needed to go somewhere and not have to put up with my driving. Nice, right??

Well, that's all that I can think of for now. Happy Tuesday.

The only place my daughter has expressed any interest in that is outside of the US is Australia. I don't know why. It seems hot and full of snakes and other creepies!!

I really want to go to Australia! I love the way Australians talk. :thumbsup2

As for me, three days until I leave for Oahu! Eeek! I am NOT ready. And of course now the clients are coming out of the woodwork . . . .

Oooooo... so excited for you and your trip!!!!! Isn't that how it always works with clients? Sheesh. I have ONE active client and I know, every year, even after I call him with PLENTY OF WARNING with the dates I will be at Convention in Salt Lake, he calls in an order while I'm gone. And it's always a rush or something that needs a lot of TLC. Ugh. What do you want to bet, since I'm not going to Convention this summer, that he doesn't order during July? LOL

Fly by "hi" from me.

Drove hubs to the airport at the plumber-ugly-buttcrack of dawn after not sleeping well for the second night in a row. Stopped by the grocery store on the way home and picked up some corned beef that was on sale and my lottery ticket for tonight, came home and went back to bed for a little over 2 hours. I have a headache and feel like crud. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

Oooooo... so excited for you and your trip!!!!! Isn't that how it always works with clients? Sheesh. I have ONE active client and I know, every year, even after I call him with PLENTY OF WARNING with the dates I will be at Convention in Salt Lake, he calls in an order while I'm gone. And it's always a rush or something that needs a lot of TLC. Ugh. What do you want to bet, since I'm not going to Convention this summer, that he doesn't order during July? LOL

LOL you should call him and say you're going to convention anyway.....LOL :goodvibes

Fly by "hi" from me.

Drove hubs to the airport at the plumber-ugly-buttcrack of dawn after not sleeping well for the second night in a row. Stopped by the grocery store on the way home and picked up some corned beef that was on sale and my lottery ticket for tonight, came home and went back to bed for a little over 2 hours. I have a headache and feel like crud. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday!

Good luck with your lotto!! sleep better and feel better! :)

Especially Chris Hemsworth... :love:

Just in case you forgot what he looks like:

Chris-Hemsworth.jpg

Good morning, ladies!! :)

Is it just me, or is it still hard to wake up in the morning since the time change? I just did not want to get up today. :sad2:

Well, hope you all have a good Tuesday!

I am with you. I'm dying today. Of course it didn't help that I was up til' 11 last night watching ATFR following the Bachelor :rolleyes:

Dropping in real quick (and with my old SN -- I've been missing my higher post count, is that sad?) to say hi :wave2:

I probably wont be on much over the next few weeks as everything gets settled so I apologize for not catching up on posts I have missed but I wanted to share the good news (although I did just post it on Facebook).

I just got off the phone with my HR who has been handling my transfer request and she heard back from the store I contacted after the first didn't work out and they've approved my transfer! I just have to go fill out the actual store application which I've already been told will be accepted and tada! New store for me. I don't have an official start date yet while they find the best time to get me in but at least I'm not in complete limbo anymore.

:woohoo:

Now it's back to cleaning and packing. I leave early tomorrow morning for Anaheim for a quick trip to get my paperwork with Disney done (Onboarding, they call it) and I'm meeting up with a couple of prospective roommates as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that something will work out and I'll have a place to call home. And since Spring Break season has started I think I may just have to head to Disneyland and squeeze in a showing of Fantasmic ;)

Right on, Jessica! That is great news. Everything is coming together for you. When things happen like that makes me feel like it is meant to be. :thumbsup2

And all you parents with new teen drivers...I am on the brink. My son is 15.5 and can get his permit. He needs to study the test so he can pass it or else get registered for drivers ed, which I said I would pay for provided he made honor role, which he did, but he has no time to take the class. So, I am just holding my breath and enjoying the delay as much as possible. He did comment the other day that he needed to get his permit so he could start driving me when he needed to go somewhere and not have to put up with my driving. Nice, right??

Well, that's all that I can think of for now. Happy Tuesday.

Tracey, my DS is the same age as yours. I'm going through the same dilemma of when to let him drive. :confused3 I would rather it be later than sooner... I think Beth is facing the same thing with her son, too.

Well Divas, we are almost to Wednesday!!! Everyone have a great night.

Hi guys.... :wave2:.....

I hope you all have been doing well. Things are good here in Chico - finally getting some rain. I love being inside with a blanket listening to the rain.

Jen - Your trip is just around the corner. It should be a great time and I can't wait to hear how it goes. I do have to say you are very brave taking all those teens. Should prove interesting....

Jessica - great news about your job. Sounds like things are just falling in place for you. I'll be crossing my fingers for you that you find a roommate quickly.

Cheryl - Have a blast in Hawaii!

So, I went for it....I just booked 4 nights at the California Grand in June. I decided I need the splurge. Discounted rates came out today so I saved a little. This will really be our only trip this summer, besides a trip to a wedding that I really wish I could skip, so what the heck I say.

Does anyone have plans for the weekend? My DD has her first dance to go to. Not sure I'm ready for this but she looks so pretty in the dress we got her. It feels like she was just 6 last week and now shes just a month away from 12. How does that happen?

Well I'm off to do :laundy:. Downside to the rain....things you need to hang up just don't dry to quickly. Have a great night all!

Chris-Hemsworth.jpg

He is a little bit of hotness, isn't he (and I much prefer the less hairy version - just sayin!!) :cool2:

Is it just me, or is it still hard to wake up in the morning since the time change? I just did not want to get up today. :sad2:

Yep, it's just you :rolleyes1

Just a quick hi and bye from me :wave:.

Hi back atcha :wave2:

Now it's back to cleaning and packing. I leave early tomorrow morning for Anaheim for a quick trip to get my paperwork with Disney done (Onboarding, they call it) and I'm meeting up with a couple of prospective roommates as well. Keeping my fingers crossed that something will work out and I'll have a place to call home. And since Spring Break season has started I think I may just have to head to Disneyland and squeeze in a showing of Fantasmic ;)

Congrats and I'm crossing my fingers for a fantastic roomie!

Fun times...... not so much. Jesse just got his learner's permit last month and already he thinks (well, he *knows*) that he knows much more than I do about driving, thank you very much. Lord have mercy, I am so not ready for this hooie.

As for me, three days until I leave for Oahu! Eeek! I am NOT ready. And of course now the clients are coming out of the woodwork . . . .

Take me with you............ please. Pretty please?? Well, at least have a fabulous time for me, 'K??? :flower3:

So, I went for it....I just booked 4 nights at the California Grand in June. I decided I need the splurge. Discounted rates came out today so I saved a little. This will really be our only trip this summer, besides a trip to a wedding that I really wish I could skip, so what the heck I say.

Sounds like fun and I say what the heck too - go for it and totally enjoy it :thumbsup2

Chris-Hemsworth.jpg

I have no idea who he is but I like!!!!

We had Nicoles baby shower on Sunday and it was a beautiful day for it and it turned out just perfect. I can't believe she's due in less than 3 weeks.:cheer2: I'll finally find out if I have a grandson or grand daughter. and the name ! Nicole and Bill are mum on the name.

My weekend plans are going to Simi for my Mom's 88th Birthday. We're hoping she'll feel up to going out for lunch. She's amazed by her age and keeps saying that no one in her family has ever lived this long.

I really enjoyed the pictures from the trips. Sadly, I'll be 17 this time so I will not be old enough yet :sad2: I will be about three months shy of turning 18.

I really enjoyed the pictures from the trips. Sadly, I'll be 17 this time so I will not be old enough yet :sad2: I will be about three months shy of turning 18.

Darn, so close.... But just think - only a year after that you'll be 18 :thumbsup2

She's taken 2 years of French so far, she really loves it. I told her she could do anything and it seems she's listened. :) DLRP is her goal right now. I would love to go to Australia, it just seems so beautiful. Micah went in High School and he said it was amazing.

I would do the mother/daughter trip to DL for her 16th. :) I took my daughter on a cruise for her 16th and we had a great time. How lucky that your daughter is taking French! We are going to DLRP in Oct. and I know NO French. Mr. CA says we'll be fine but I am a bit worried about our lack of knowledge of French. Cheryl told me how to say 'mushroom' since I hate mushrooms and I know they use mushrooms in their sauces. I need more tutoring in French! If you need me to bring anything back for your DD from DLRP I would be happy to!

Yes - he will get my husbands old Acura MDX. It has 200K miles on it but hubby took great care of it - mechanic told him it should go to at least 250K! Looks like he will have to take his test in the rain tomorrow! Hope it isn't too bad.

I read the Uglies series also. As others said, not as good as HG but it was entertaining.

Good luck on your driving test also!!
While I was in line to take my written tests at DMV today there was a teenage boy about to take his test - I felt bad for him because of the rain. It is nervewraking enough as it is.....That's cool, and Acura :) Better than my first car - an 86 Chevy Cavalier red with red interior :rotfl: It was hideous and very quickly destroyed by my friends and I.

Oh and Jen, I mailed out the tickets yesterday.
I love you. :love: You are my new best friend :hug:

Jessica~ Congrats!!!! :dance3: I am so excited for your new adventure!

Ok, so I solved the problem, now I just need to work out a few minor details for our field trip. :banana: My friend Danielle, our drama teacher where I work, will be joining us to help me drive. Since she is an employee she can drive students and room with them. We can downgrade to a less-expensive 5 passenger car so I do not need the big van and take my trailblazer too. I figure that a cheaper car with better gas mileage plus my trailblazer will work out to to about the same amount of gas at the van would have, plus I will not need that CDL. Phew! We may have to squeeze her into our room if there are no more available, but it is a small price to pay to get us all down there and back.

Morning ladies! Just had to share a funny thing this morning. I posted a few weeks back that I got a new espresso machine. It is fully automatic and I just press the button for what I want. Well - this is the cappuccino I got this morning:

Great way to start the day!

Jen - glad to hear you solved the driving issue!

Cheryl - have a wonderful time in Hawaii!!

Jen, I am so happy that something worked out so that you could still take the trip and not have to worry about that test!

Jessica, I can't wait to hear about how everything goes with your onboarding and roommate situation. So excited for you!

I just made reservations for me and Lisa and her husband and son for a week at HoJo (thank you AP rate and Alaska miles :goodvibes ) in October. Her hubby is from Anaheim and has family there so it will be nice to have extra days for visiting as well as lots of time exploring the new DCA, Knott's Scary Farm and Mickey's Halloween Party.

Bridget, I take that as a sign that this will be a great day!

Cheryl, have a great time in Hawaii! I keep toying with the idea of going for my anniversary in May because I can get a great TA rate at Aulani, but the trip would still be expensive so not sure. I will wait until our $99 companion fare becomes available and see what it would come to but we are planning a cruise on the Fantasy for our 25th next year so might just wait to splurge until then.

Five weeks left of tax season and then I will be happily unemployed again! Need to start looking for a real job.....

Good morning, ladies!! Happy Hump Day! :banana:

I just got off the phone with my HR who has been handling my transfer request and she heard back from the store I contacted after the first didn't work out and they've approved my transfer! I just have to go fill out the actual store application which I've already been told will be accepted and tada! New store for me. I don't have an official start date yet while they find the best time to get me in but at least I'm not in complete limbo anymore.
:cool1: :banana:
Here's hoping the roommate situation comes together just as smoothly. :wizard:

I had such an insane day yesterday, I worked 2 hours of OT so I didn't leave here until 6:40, then I had to go get Cass and her friend from school (band project after), then do dinner and get myself ready for job #2....thank goodness job #2 is so much fun, otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to go!! I had a GREAT class last night!!!! I had so many people show up, it was amazing!!!!! I walked in and there were only about 15-20 people there, well ALL of them were there for MY class!! I had people come up after to talk to me, Thanks were given, it was just great! I was so excited!! And my friend who works there took pics of the class so she could put them up on FB, hoping that gets other newbies in to take my lessons!! :)
That's awesome about your class!! Although, reading about your day and all you have going on makes me want to take a nap. :rotfl2:

:lmao: Ah, teens. Ya gotta love it. :rolleyes:

I just found out yesterday that the behind the wheel training for Adam is going to run around $500!! :scared1: :sad2:

I'm going to check out your PTR... popcorn::

Sarah, that's what first attracted my daughter to Australia. She loves the accent! LOL Which I can understand, but I still wouldn't want to live in Australia, which is now what she's saying she wants to do. I told her if she moves there not to expect any visits from me since I hate flying and sure as heck won't take a 16 hour plane ride!!

Hmmm... maybe that's why she wants to move there. :rotfl: j/k

I have a headache and feel like crud. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight.
Hope you are feeling better today. :hug:

Chris-Hemsworth.jpg
Where's the longer hair?? :rolleyes1

Noelle likes his younger brother, Liam Hemsworth, who plays Gale in the Hunger Games. I told her too bad he doesn't use his Aussie accent in the movie. That would make it even better in her eyes.

I am with you. I'm dying today. Of course it didn't help that I was up til' 11 last night watching ATFR following the Bachelor :rolleyes:
Well, silly, why would you do that?? Not that I did the same thing... :rolleyes1 ;)

I hope you all have been doing well. Things are good here in Chico - finally getting some rain. I love being inside with a blanket listening to the rain.
Ahhhh, I do, too!! I just don't get many chances to do it anymore.

Congrats on booking the Grand for June! Might as well splurge a bit, right? Will you be there for the CarsLand grand opening?

I hope your DD has fun at her dance. How sweet. Take some photos. I'd love to see them.

My weekend plans are going to Simi for my Mom's 88th Birthday. We're hoping she'll feel up to going out for lunch. She's amazed by her age and keeps saying that no one in her family has ever lived this long.
That's amazing! Have a great time.
Glad the baby shower went well. Not much time left before the little one arrives. So exciting!! Do we all call you Grandma now? ;)

Glad you enjoyed the photos. :)

We are going to DLRP in Oct. and I know NO French. Mr. CA says we'll be fine but I am a bit worried about our lack of knowledge of French. Cheryl told me how to say 'mushroom' since I hate mushrooms and I know they use mushrooms in their sauces.
There ya go, just learn a few key phrases. :thumbsup2 I would probably want to learn how to say "Do you have pizza or chicken strips? I don't want anything yucky like snails!" :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter