Girls-only Trip~Old thread, see first post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just know that whatever year I manage to get out to WDW for the Princess Half I don't want to be forced to miss the trip. That would suck.
Oh, right! I almost forgot. That was another thing, the Princess marathon.

Hi. :wave:

Changing the days to Weds-Sun (but keeping the M&G party on Thurs) is an intriguing idea. I kinda like it. :thumbsup2

As far as what weekend to have it in Feb....pushing it up a week, back a week, or keeping it the same....I'm not sure if it will really matter. I'd like to wait to hear back from Katie and whomever else goes to the park this weekend before deciding. :)
I remember you were one of the ones who mentioned coming in on Wednesday night next year. And if you did, then you could actually go into the parks on Thursday, which I know you weren't able to do this time.

It just seems since mostly everyone heads home on Sunday afternoon or night anyway, why not? :confused3 I dunno, that's my thought. :confused3

We should get Katie to go Thurs, Cheryl to go on Fri, and Linda to go on Sat to scope it out for us. :rotfl:
Personally, I expect crowds on Sat/Sun. But I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't prepared for the crowds on Thurs and Fri. :confused:

I also like Wed-Sun - could help on the crowds. Although Thur/Fri this time was still very busy. My preference on dates in order:

2/7-2/11 - lowest DVC points and low crowds
2/28-3/4 - lower crowds (we hope) but higher DVC points
2/21-2/25 - lowest DVC points but high crowds

I actually think 2/7-2/11 would be great. The crowds were okay this year for that weekend, but there is no such thing as low crowds on the weekend at Disneyland no matter when you go, unless it's raining.

Plus if we have it 2/7-2/11 I won't have to wait as long for the next trip :earboy2:.

We should get Katie to go Thurs, Cheryl to go on Fri, and Linda to go on Sat to scope it out for us. :rotfl:
Personally, I expect crowds on Sat/Sun. But I'm not gonna lie, I wasn't prepared for the crowds on Thurs and Fri. :confused:

I'll take one for the team and go Thurs-Sat :thumbsup2. Your welcome!

I know Jill will be at Disneyland on Sunday.

And a couple people mentioned they'd like to come in on Wednesday night next year.

I did for the first time, and I really enjoyed already being there on Thursday morning, being able to relax, have a full day in the parks, etc.
We'd still keep the Meet and Greet on Thursday night though, just in case some can't make it until then. But even coming in after work on Wednesday would work for some of you.

So, a couple things to think about. Thoughts? Opinions? Questions?

My only concern with that is being able to afford a 4th night of lodging. How much did people pay per night for a spot in the villas this year? Just so I have a clue as to how much I'd be looking at.....

I actually think 2/7-2/11 would be great. The crowds were okay this year for that weekend, but there is no such thing as low crowds on the weekend at Disneyland no matter when you go, unless it's raining.

Plus if we have it 2/7-2/11 I won't have to wait as long for the next trip :earboy2:.

I ♥ how you think.......

A great big THANK YOU to all of the wonderful ladies that worked so hard to make this a fun trip. :thumbsup2
A big You're Welcome!!!
Oh! Oh! I want to go to a Halloween Party again this year! Can I? Pretty please?
The more the merrier!
Feel free to tell us all about yourself!

Gee Beth, I just mentioned that in the post above my door sign pic.:rotfl:
Doesn't matter to me what dates are picked at this point, either way I'll be going the same as always, Th.-Sun.

Hi all -

I am just now getting a chance to log on here after the fun weekend. I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to both the Meet and Greet committee and the Scavenger Hunt committee. You all did such a GREAT job and I know it is a lot of work and time spent for each of you. I truly appreciate all the effort you put into these to activities to insure we all have a great time which I did! :cool1:

I enjoyed spending time with the ‘oldies’ and meeting many of the ‘newbies’. The time went by so quickly and I am looking forward to next year!:goodvibes

As for the dates, being local I am fine with any of the dates but maybe the earlier week in Feb. would help with the crowds for those who do not get to come as often and would like to actually ride an attraction or two. :)

Again thank you, thank you to all of you that put some much work into making our Ladies trip fun and a success! :hippie:

My only concern with that is being able to afford a 4th night of lodging. How much did people pay per night for a spot in the villas this year? Just so I have a clue as to how much I'd be looking at.....

It shouldn't be too much of a worry since the majority of the group meals and all of the activities will still take place on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. So if you still want to come for 3 nights just like you do now, Thurs-Sun, then no problem. No reason to be concerned about paying for an additional night unless you want to. Like right now, even though our trip days are stated as Thurs-Mon, most of the ladies don't pay for an additional 4th night and stay until Monday, If our trip days are stated as Weds-Sun, it doesn't mean you have to come on Weds, if that makes sense.

I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well. :upsidedow

I am just now getting a chance to log on here after the fun weekend. I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to both the Meet and Greet committee and the Scavenger Hunt committee. You all did such a GREAT job and I know it is a lot of work and time spent for each of you. I truly appreciate all the effort you put into these to activities to insure we all have a great time which I did! :cool1:

Again thank you, thank you to all of you that put some much work into making our Ladies trip fun and a success! :hippie:
Me, too! Everything was very well organized, I'm not aware of any mishaps occurring. Yay, DIVAs!

I had a great time, and a much needed mental break to recharge the batteries. I so enjoyed meeting all of you and putting DISnames to faces. I am already making plans to attend next year... whenever that may be. :lovestruc

Hi! Who are you?

Jen and I were talking about making it out to WDW for the 2014 Princess Half Marathon.

Even if the Diva trip is a different weekend I probably wouldn't be able to afford both so keeping it the same weekend if fine with me.

Earlier in February isn't good for me...

My preference:

Feb 7-11 and doing Wed.-Sunday.

Hi BillyJazz. Nice to see you on the boards.

I love the idea of having the meet Wed - Sun. I think that might help some Divas get in a full day of park time on Thursday.

Since so many Divas are trying to get DVC accomodations, I favor moving it to earlier in Feb. (7 - 11). But I'm fine with whatever ends up being chosen.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Katie! :) Hope you have a great time this week!

I still say we should change the dates to October but I'm afraid I'd be causing a revolt amongst the group :eek:. Halloween is the best time to go...just sayin' :rolleyes1. But what do I care, I can go whenever I want so I always leave it up to the group, because I mostly go to hang out and the crowds don't bother me.
I like October too, but if it is not an option, 2/7-2/11 is great. I would have to come Wednesday night so I don't miss an additional day of work, however.

There was talk of moving the date because some girls are planning on running the WDW marathon which falls on the same weekend. But the ones planning on going won't be going until 2014. I have a feeling after spending money for that trip they would not come on the
ladies trip one week later.

I don't think one week makes a big difference either. The crowds seem the same no matter when I go.
I'm hoping to make it to the Halloween party this year. I've already got my costume idea.:hyper:

If the trips were a week apart it would make it difficult. At least since we are planning for that race 2 years out I can save two separate funds!

Katie - since you are going this weekend....I have a favor to ask you. Expect a text soon :)

Got in trouble at work again :sad2: Even though I left detailed instructions and my cell phone number, the sub still messed up the DVDs (couldn't get the sound to work - BTW, ASL videos do not have sound) so my classes did study hall most of the time. I put students in place to help her, but she refused their help. And who gets in trouble for not foreseeing all of this? You guessed it - me! I told the principal that she could have called me, but instead she left me a note which I didn't get until Monday. I am ready to quit. Is Disneyland still hiring? :rotfl:

It shouldn't be too much of a worry since the majority of the group meals and all of the activities will still take place on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. So if you still want to come for 3 nights just like you do now, Thurs-Sun, then no problem. No reason to be concerned about paying for an additional night unless you want to. Like right now, even though our trip days are stated as Thurs-Mon, most of the ladies don't pay for an additional 4th night and stay until Monday, If our trip days are stated as Weds-Sun, it doesn't mean you have to come on Weds, if that makes sense.

I'm not sure I'm explaining this very well. :upsidedow

LOL. You are explaining just fine. If I am rooming in the villas though, I would want to stay all 4 nights so as not to make my roomies have to pay more one night. If that's how it's split. I know when I go to Convention for Stampin Up, my friend and I go a day early and we don't always have a full room the first night. Although if Southwest is still working it the same, their flights are cheaper on Wednesdays..... Just sayin. LOL

I also like Wed-Sun - could help on the crowds. Although Thur/Fri this time was still very busy. My preference on dates in order:

2/7-2/11 - lowest DVC points and low crowds
2/28-3/4 - lower crowds (we hope) but higher DVC points
2/21-2/25 - lowest DVC points but high crowds

Sounds good to me :thumbsup2

I remember you were one of the ones who mentioned coming in on Wednesday night next year. And if you did, then you could actually go into the parks on Thursday, which I know you weren't able to do this time.

Weds to Sun sounds great to me :thumbsup2

My preference:

Feb 7-11 and doing Wed.-Sunday.

Since so many Divas are trying to get DVC accomodations, I favor moving it to earlier in Feb. (7 - 11).

This would be my preference as well - Feb 7-11.

The other issue is needing six rooms at the Carousel to use the room. Even though the amount is not huge, that would be on top of the cost of food/decorations/drinks, etc., so would be higher than it is now........ or finding somewhere else to host the M&G.

I like 2/7-2/11, too.
Oh, and just to make it clear, I do expect crowds on the weekend. No doubt. But what shocked me this time, was how crowded it was from the start. Thurs and Fri were nuts. We usually have a quiet time before the storm so to speak, and this time it was busy the entire trip.

Well, if you say Thurs night, Fri night, Sat night, and Sun night then that's 4 nights.
If you stay Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat, that's 4 nights. So either way, it's the same.

Now, if you want to make it a 3 night trip, just come Thursday morning. The meet and greet will still be that night, so you won't miss anything. :thumbsup2

Gee Beth, I just mentioned that in the post above my door sign pic.:rotfl:
Doh! Sorry. I saw the sign, and missed the post. :confused3

I love the idea of having the meet Wed - Sun. I think that might help some Divas get in a full day of park time on Thursday.
That's what we were thinking. Coming in on Wed night, even late after work, would still give you a fresh start Thursday morning, and allow all day in the park. It just felt less.... I don't know...rushed to me.

I am ok with any of those dates, but I like the sound of Feb 7-11th best, I think. If it makes hotels etc, just a little bit cheaper, I am all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter