Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am overcome with grief for losing such a special and giving person from this world. My thoughts and prayers go out for her family and friends (of which I know she had many).

I will miss her terribly, as I know all of us will. :sad1:

OMG, I cannot believe this. I just can't. My heart is racing and my hands are shaking so badly I can barely type. I just.. I can't even think. I don't know what to say. :sad1:

Oh no! I have been so afraid of reading this post but hoping with all of my heart that it would never be posted. I am so sad for her family, for Cheryl, for all of us who lost such a precious person. I am thankful that I did get to meet and spend sometime with Dawn twice.

I had just put on the bracelet that she had given us before I read this. :(

Hugs to us all!:grouphug:

Oh no! I have not had the pleasure of meeting anyone on this thread yet, but feel this deeply. I am so sorry for her family and for the ladies on here that knew her well. My thoughts and prayers are with you....

She had a very bad night and her body got too weak and could not take any more. With the options that Bob and the family had, this was a better alternative because we all know Dawn did not want to live by a machine.
Cheryl, is there anymore word on what happened? Did she crash again? Was she taken off the breathing machine? I'm sorry. I know you are grieving right now, it's just confusing to me.
She was just posting a few days ago. I can't get my head around how this could happen so fast. I just can't believe it. :sad1:

Heaven is very lucky to have such a precious angel up there! :littleangel: Maybe for our trip in February we can all pitch in and do a brick in her memory. Prayers go out to her family.

I'm at work, and am numb. I can't believe it. I was just talking with her a little over a week ago about my baby shower that she wanted to plan. I'm so sad, and can't believe she's gone. She was so full of love for everyone.

It makes no sense to me, and I'm heartbroken.

Prayers for her family and all of us as we grieve.

Cheryl, is there anymore word on what happened? Did she crash again? Was she taken off the breathing machine? I'm sorry. I know you are grieving right now, it's just confusing to me.
She was just posting a few days ago. I can't get my head around how this could happen so fast. I just can't believe it. :sad1:

No other info--but Sally was up all night worrying and I think Dawn's body just "gave out"--I also think the repetitive days at low oxygen absorbtion had weakened her so that she couldn't recover. I know everything was done that could be done. I am actually doing ok--I think I knew in my heart earlier this week that she was not going to be with us anymore. This morning when I woke up instead of asking for her to get well I asked for peace for her--whatever that might be.

It was just a month ago tomorrow that we had Ms. Sally's birthday party. I can't believe it either. It just goes to show that we never know and that life is fragile.

Heaven is very lucky to have such a precious angel up there! :littleangel: Maybe for our trip in February we can all pitch in and do a brick in her memory. Prayers go out to her family.

Actually Patty--for her birthday in September I "gave" her a brick--she unfortunately never could decide what she wanted on the brick. We are going to have to go ahead and do it now. (When the time is right I'll consult with Bob on what to put on it.)

My heart sank into my stomach.

We will keep Dawn in our hearts always. My prayers and thoughts are with her family.

:grouphug:

steph

My Mom and I are sitting here in tears. I'm just heartbroken. I was so looking foward to meeting her. We were just PM'ing each other not that long ago about me, her, Miss Sally and My Mom have dinner at Napa Rose. :( I don't know what to say.

When I called to tell my mom I told her that obviously everyone that is part of this trip is special but at least in my heart there are some that just make things a little more over the top special like Beth, Mel and esp Dawn. I will NEVER forget all the adorable things she made for our candy buffet and the wonderful gifts she put together for the scavy hunt. She made this trip and this group so much fun and there is going to be a HUGE hole without her! I didn't get to spend as much time with her last year as I had wanted but we got to talk in Oct and I am SO grateful for that. And also that Shane and the girls got to meet her!!! I will admit I am worried for miss Sally because I know that Dawn "took care of her" a lot! I know this is going to be DEVESTATING for her!

I just can't even begin to accept this and believe it. It just doesn't seem real and I don't think it WILL until we have a meet and she is not there. And of course I am going to miss her posts terribly. Gosh just typing this I am welling up. I am so sick about all of this I can't tell you!

Maybe in Feb, we could all gather and each of us, at the same time, release a balloon in her memory. We could tie on a little message of a special memory or thought or saying or prayer or whatever we wanted that reminded us of Dawn, and then release them and send our messages to her in the heavens.

Or would that be too hard to coordinate?

I don't know.....I just think it would be nice if we could do something in her memory while we are there.

Capri I think it is for sure that we are going to have to do something to honor her memory. Maybe at the meet and greet or one of the meals have some type of rememberance. We could all talk about our memories of her maybe and have a toast to her and maybe some type of slide show with everyone's pics that they have of her from the various meets or something? Just some thoughts!

I am sitting here in tears. Just a week ago today was my last text from Dawn. The week before that we were texting about our flu issues.
Then laughing because we had fallen asleep in the middle of texting.

I am at a loss for words. I am shocked and so sad for her family.

Cheryl~ I am sorry for your loss of such a great friend. She always called you her California cousin.

Capri I think it is for sure that we are going to have to do something to honor her memory. Maybe at the meet and greet or one of the meals have some type of rememberance. We could all talk about our memories of her maybe and have a toast to her and maybe some type of slide show with everyone's pics that they have of her from the various meets or something? Just some thoughts!
Kelly, that's a good idea, but not everyone knew Dawn, and some were just getting to know what a special person she was. So sharing a memory might be hard for a few.

Do you know how when an officer passes away, the others wear a black band over their badge? What if we did something like that? Not black, but something in her favorite color? We could wear an arm band or any strip of material tied around our arms in her memory. That's something we could wear each and every day of the trip.

OR another idea, would be for us to all buy those sparkly Minnie ears she loved to wear and take a pic with us all wearing them.

Just some ideas to think about.

I am so sad to hear this terrible news. I never thought this would happen at all. I just don't want to believe this is real. I remember meeting Dawn last year in March and how she was no sweet to me. I just can't believe it.

Definitely count me in for anything we do for the services. If I could do it quickly enough, I'd love to put together a scrapbook of Dawn and her DIS time to have at the visitation and for Bob to have. I just don't think there will be time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter