Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, I REALLY want to do the PFF again (well, first time for me!!) this upcoming trip!!! My friend Donna and I totally missed it because of dang Peter Pan :sad2: We had our tiaras ready to go and everything, then the freakin ride breaks down JUST as we were next up to get on board............

Note to self....... Do not stop for Peter Pan ride on the way to Princess Fantasy Faire, do not do it!!

PFF was so much fun. Plus, it just makes a darn good group picture. I really hope we get to do that again. :thumbsup2

That and a group breakfast. I guess the character one's are out since they are so expensive - or is there a group interested in Minnie's? Maybe we can eat somewhere else for breakfast one day? The hard part is not running like mad women getting FP's and taking advantage of short lines before 10 am!:laughing:

Still haven't eaten dinner yet, and all I can think about is a Corn Dog on Main St.

Good Lord woman, I am going to bed in 30 minutes or so. Is it because you work second shift, so are used to staying up late? By Friday night, I am so tired. I peter out early. Of course, I AM OLD!:guilty:

Please eat something Stacie. Preferably something yummy.

That and a group breakfast. I guess the character one's are out since they are so expensive - or is there a group interested in Minnie's? Maybe we can eat somewhere else for breakfast one day? The hard part is not running like mad women getting FP's and taking advantage of short lines before 10 am!:laughing:

Minnie's would be good, or some of the girls have mentioned some kind of Sunday brunch at the House of Blues, which sounds really good too.

RIGHT - the HOB gospel breakfast!
One group is doing the Segway and another could do a breakfast. We might have to take a vote on that to see how many are interested. Great reminder, Capri!:thumbsup2

Oh geez, I missed toenail flicking last year? Gross. Please tell me that wasn't from THIS group of Divas. :sick: :sad2:

I'm getting so excited for this trip. I can't wait to meet all of you pretty ladies. :goodvibes

Bridgette (B:eek:B Bear! :rotfl:) and I had a great time at dinner. She is such a doll. I can't wait til we hang out again. She's feeling a bit better and I told her all the well wishes everyone sent her. She's been so busy with school and being sick. Poor thing.

I had 1 drink at dinner, and geez, I'm wiped out! I'm going to get ready for bed and go ready Harry Potter.

Love you Divas! :hug:

Or we could do a breakfast at Ariels too, right? That might be fun with all the princesses, although probably kind of expensive, right?

Heck, we could all have a great time having breakfast anywhere while considering tighter budgets. We could even meet up at Mimi's or even McDonalds if we want to, as long as we're together.

I'm getting so excited for this trip. I can't wait to meet all of you pretty ladies. :goodvibes

Bridgette (B:eek:B Bear! :rotfl:) and I had a great time at dinner. She is such a doll. I can't wait til we hang out again. She's feeling a bit better and I told her all the well wishes everyone sent her. She's been so busy with school and being sick. Poor thing.

I had 1 drink at dinner, and geez, I'm wiped out! I'm going to get ready for bed and go ready Harry Potter.

So glad you had a nice time with Bridgette.:cutie:
We really enjoyed meeting her and hanging out for several hours on her birthday last month. She fits right in with us.:) Enjoy your reading Miss Courtney!

Or we could do a breakfast at Ariels too, right? That might be fun with all the princesses, although probably kind of expensive, right?

Heck, we could all have a great time having breakfast anywhere while considering tighter budgets. We could even meet up at Mimi's or even McDonalds if we want to, as long as we're together.

Yes, I agree with everything you said.:cutie:

Bridgette - is your internet fixed yet? I miss you on the boards, girl!

Have we heard from Katie&MattsMom? (I'm so sorry I forgot her real name). I hope she is ok after her surgery.

Oh, and I love the new digs!!
Think we can go through 250 pages in less than three months this time? Challenge!!!!
::yes::

I found you!

Dave and I just had the nicest meal at a little tiny wine/bistro. We shared a salad with baby greens, strawberries, blueberries, with rasberry vinigarette, and topped with feta and shaved dark chocolate. Yum. For my entree, I had beef wellington with potatoes and ratatouille. (Sp?) Dave had a fancy tri tip sandwich with portabellas and blue cheese. For dessert we had chocolate rum cake. Very nice and romantic. I'm stuffed!
This all sounds lovely!

Add more to the Diva Las Vegas trip report, and added tons of pics.
:scared1: I saw!!! Are you trying to get us all banned?!?!?!? :eek: :lmao: Those are so not DIS friendly. lol

PFF was so much fun. Plus, it just makes a darn good group picture. I really hope we get to do that again. :thumbsup2
I am 100% doing PFF again, followed by a group ride on IASW. :thumbsup2 Think Friday morning will work again?

Oh, and I am cracking up over some of the comments. That's all I'm saying. :rolleyes1
Amy, maybe give Ariel's another shot with a different group. ;)

I called today to get the info.

The gospel brunch is Sunday at 10 and 12:30. It's $38 per person which includes tax and tip. The menu is awesome and can be found here: http://www.houseofblues.com/venues/clubvenues/anaheim/gospelbrunch.php

They have tables that will fit a group of 14. If we need more than that, you have to go through their events planner, but it can be done.
The only potential problem I see is when you call to reserve it, you are reserving an assigned seat at a table. So the entire group needs to be booked at once.

Meaning, if we called in and made our reservations separately, we would not be guaranteed to sit near each other. It's just like booking show tickets, since you are reserving assigned seats, you want to book them all at once she said.

You have to pay at the time of booking which means one person would have to put the entire reservation of how ever many want to go x $38 on their credit card. Ummmm, not sure who here could do that. I know I cannot afford to.

Anyway, just wanted to pass along the info I gathered today. It sounds nice. Just not sure how we'd make the reservation......... :confused3

I found you!

Dave and I just had the nicest meal at a little tiny wine/bistro. We shared a salad with baby greens, strawberries, blueberries, with rasberry vinigarette, and topped with feta and shaved dark chocolate. Yum. For my entree, I had beef wellington with potatoes and ratatouille. (Sp?) Dave had a fancy tri tip sandwich with portabellas and blue cheese. For dessert we had chocolate rum cake. Very nice and romantic. I'm stuffed!

Yummy! What a nice date night!

As horrible as that dining experience was, there were others more horrifying. Like the flicking toe/toenail pieces at the pizza party when my dear Breezy was trying to befriend a newbie. She was a trooper, my girl was, and unfortunately she regretted her attempts at trying to be so kind. As they say - Live and learn, it all turned out ok!

Speaking of, the pizza party was one of my favorite things of the whole weekend (as was the tiara wearing, girl bonding experience at PFF). I simply cannot wait to see what the Diva planning committee has up their sleeves for us this year!popcorn::

I was lucky enough to sit at the same table as the toenail flicker. Thanks for the warning, friends!!!
Anyway, Linda, I was sitting there when your sweet girl was chatting her up. I thought to myself that she was such a nice, genuine person. I was meaning to tell you, but never got the chance. Job well done, mom!

Still haven't eaten dinner yet, and all I can think about is a Corn Dog on Main St.

mmmmmmmmmmmm, corn dogs!

A few of us had breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace on the last trip. They have one of my favorite breakfasts, andat about $9 a plate, the price can't be beat. Plus there's tons of seating there, so I vote for brakfast at RBT for one of the mornings.

Oh geez, I missed toenail flicking last year? Gross. Please tell me that wasn't from THIS group of Divas. :sick: :sad2:

I'm so glad you two had a nice time together. Have I mentioned how sad I am that no Divas live near me?

Good Morning Everyone!

Thank you for making the new thread, beth:goodvibes

Courtney.. I'm so glad you and bridgette had a happy time! I can't wait to meet you too.

Melody...aaaahhhh... what a great date night!!! thanks for sharing your evening..it made my heart smile.

Steph.. it's good to see you! Big Hugs

Tina... i've never eatten at Riverbelle terrace.. it would be a treat to go eat breakfast out..we always eat it in the room. The view is great and the price is right! We would like to go with you and your mom!

Stacerita... i've never had a corndog at disneyland. have you tried the spicey ones? how are they?

Good Morning all!

Wish I could say I enjoyed the walk down memory lane last night. Capri's account of it did make me laugh, but visuals left me :sick:.

I love the idea of the Gospel lunch, but see the problem with the reservations. Also, I need to get crackalackin on doing something about Club 33 seats. I have a few spots that I want to do a contest for. I'm not sure people are going to want to miss the HOB brunch though, so we might have to change the day time for that. Anyway, I'll start thinking about what I want to do, so that we can vote, and get that firmed up on the schedule.

Opening night of the girls trip was my favorite memory of the whole experience.
:lovestruc

What i found appealing about the girls only trip is the ability to do whatever you want.
If you wanted to spend the morning shopping, because you never get to with your kids... You can!

If you wanted to try one of the nicer resturants that your family hasn't been to because it's too expensive for a group to go...You can!

If you want to go for drinks and appetizers late at night ...You can!

If you want to ride your favorite 3 times in a row..You can!

If you want to sit and eat ice cream and watch people go by...You can!

It's wonderful to have options to pick from but the best thing is not having things you *have* to do.

It's all up to you what this trip is or isn't.
And if You asked 5 different people who went on the last trip...they would have a wide and varied collection of memories and things they did.

The girl's only trip is a wonderful experience of mutual freedom and fun.

And as great as the experiences are.. it's the people who make this trip so special.
You will find that some people you talked to online, you may not click with in person. Or people that you never talked to online because of time differences..you become great friends with. And if you are really lucky..you will make a few friends that will translate from this online thread into your everyday life. Meaning that you bond on levels other than disneyland.

Don't put too much pressure on us. I would hate to disappoint anyone if its a let down.

No pressure, I think it will be great to rival 2009's!!

Holy Moly, Capri!:scared1:

Yes, the SH was a highlight, too. I am sure we will have just as much (or more) fun in 2010. I just wish the trip was closer. The waiting is killin' me!

I, too, LOVED the SH. I was about melted and had to pee since we were running around so much, but it was fantastic

Oooh, I REALLY want to do the PFF again (well, first time for me!!) this upcoming trip!!! My friend Donna and I totally missed it because of dang Peter Pan :sad2: We had our tiaras ready to go and everything, then the freakin ride breaks down JUST as we were next up to get on board............

Note to self....... Do not stop for Peter Pan ride on the way to Princess Fantasy Faire, do not do it!!

Yep, dratted PP!! The PTF was a blast!! The CM's couldn't have been nicer!!

A few of us had breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace on the last trip. They have one of my favorite breakfasts, andat about $9 a plate, the price can't be beat. Plus there's tons of seating there, so I vote for brakfast at RBT for one of the mornings.

Never been,sounds about perfect, lots of seating and CHEAP!!!

And as great as the experiences are.. it's the people who make this trip so special.
You will find that some people you talked to online, you may not click with in person. Or people that you never talked to online because of time differences..you become great friends with. And if you are really lucky..you will make a few friends that will translate from this online thread into your everyday life. Meaning that you bond on levels other than disneyland.

I LOVED your entire post, Dawn, but this part especially. I am so lucky to have gotten to be a part of this group and the ongoing friendships. Improved my life and joy!! I hope to get to know more of you!!

I love the idea of the Gospel lunch, but see the problem with the reservations. Also, I need to get crackalackin on doing something about Club 33 seats. I have a few spots that I want to do a contest for. I'm not sure people are going to want to miss the HOB brunch though, so we might have to change the day time for that. Anyway, I'll start thinking about what I want to do, so that we can vote, and get that firmed up on the schedule.

If you want to move the Club 33 meal, just let me know and I'll change it on the schedule. :)

Morning ladies!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :hippie:

A few of us had breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace on the last trip. They have one of my favorite breakfasts, andat about $9 a plate, the price can't be beat. Plus there's tons of seating there, so I vote for breakfast at RBT for one of the mornings.

I've never eaten breakfast there. I'd love to try it. We have breakfast at Mimi's the last day. Do we want to change it to RBT or add RBT on another day? :confused:

Thursday
Arrival day ~ All arriving at various times
Those arriving in time for lunch, meet for a counter service lunch at either Rancho del Zocalo or Pacific Wharf (TBD)
Dinner will be at the Meet and Greet like last time.

Friday
Princess Fantasy Faire
Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour
Lunch: Ariel's
Dinner: Carnation Cafe

Saturday
Scavenger Hunt
Dinner: Goofy's Kitchen OR Napa Rose

Sunday
Segway Tour
Lunch: Cafe Orleans (and Club 33 for a lucky few if Heather does that again!)
Cove Bar for drinks

Monday
Lunch: Wine Country Trattoria
Blue Bayou for dessert in the evening

Tuesday
Departure Day
Farewell Breakfast: Mimi's Cafe

How about a late-ish breakfast at RBT on Saturday. Say, maybe around 10:00. That way those who want to enjoy the morning in the park, collecting FPs, etc. can do that, and those who want to sleep in, can do so also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter