Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Sunday Everyone.. may today be good to you and yours.

Melody... i showed Bob your post.. he was like.. that's Awesome! How kewl is that to say.. i'm gonna learn how to do this.. then not only self teach, and WIN! Just the best story:thumbsup2

Yeahhhhh a post from WendyLouWho!:hug:

I can't wait to hear how DebbieLouWho's concert night was!

Linda.. i'm so looking forward to seeing you, it will be fun just to get to spend some time without things to do.

Stacerita.. i hope your back feels better.. i really miss your posts.. they brought such humor and positive energy to the thread.

Karly.. that's so kewl you found a tie dye shirt that has special meaning for you!

Donna.... you are sicker? oh no... i hope you are not developing chronic bronchitis or walking pneumonia.. gosh... please take good care of you. i hope the fires are not adding to your breathing quality... try not to go out if the air is bad. :guilty:

Cristabel.. have a fun time! Thanks for stepping up to the plate on the October thread.

Courtney... i can't wait for the halloween exchange.. can you? i've been working on it and so has my mom!

I hope Capri is having a great time.

Has anyone heard from katie and matt's mom? she was having surgery.. i hope she's healing alright, she seems like such a nice lady.

Steph... i wish i lived close to you..i would cook some food for you while you're healing. we will keep you in our prayers when you have your surgery.

Amysue... how are you healing? you better be resting some!

Kelly...you must relax.. and delegate some of the stress to your husband.. stress creates bad things in the body and can delay healing. make peace a priority.

Theresa...What kinda things is Jessie into? I'm working on a little party favor bag for him for my mom's party. I don't think he would like the others which are girlie girlie!

Yesterday we had a bbq.. just burgers and hot dogs.. but as i was pouring the drinks.. i looked around and saw 4 generations of my family... and thought.. wow.. i'm so blessed. i am wealthy with love in my life and with people to love.
Good morning Dawn!!

I want to ditto everything that you said. YOu say everything so perfectly, and so sweetly!! :flower3::flower3::flower3: Thankyou Dawn! :hug:

So everyone read it all over again, and now it is from me too!! :grouphug:

Cheryl, I will tell you a little of Dave's method.

He puts a dry rub that we make up, on the briskets the day before so they have been sitting in it for at least 12 to 24 hours. He cooks them at a low temp, around 250 for around 12 to 14 hours depending on size and what temp is set. So for the contest he had to get them on the barby around midnight the night before. He didn't want to spend the night so his barby was hooked up to a post and then he locked it up! :laughing: He went back again at 10:00 in the morning and then stayed with the rest of the players. The official start wasn't until 4:00pm, so at around 11:30 his first brisket was done. He then wraps them in heavy foil and puts them in an icechest wrapped in towels until serving time. This lets them rest and gather all the yummy juices. We have a favorite BBQ sauce that he buys locally, so he used that as his sauce to serve with. Someday, I want to try and copy it. I will bring you a bottle of this stuff in October.

Anyways, that is how he does it. Next week we are going Dave's Dad's 85th birthday party in Redlands, and we are making it for that too. This time he has to put in on the barby in time for us to leave Saturday morning. He will put it into the ice chest, and by the time we get there, it will be perfect to serve. Nice! :thumbsup2

I forgot to tell Capri to have a blast in Disneyland. So here goes!!

Capri, have a wonderful time, and be safe too!!!! :goodvibes:cool1::banana::dance3::yay:: :cheer2: pirate: princess:

Awwwww, thanks Melody! :hug:

We leave early tomorrow morning......CAN'T WAIT! :yay: :hyper: :yay:

Oh, but I had a pre-trip nightmare last night. Anyone else ever get those? Well usually I'll dream about our plane crashing or losing one of the boys in Disneyland.....those two dreams always creep their way into my mind. But this time I dreamed that Luke (our six year old) fell off a high balcony at the HOJO because DH and I were in our room (the side with the king bed) of the kid suite, and the boys were in their room with the bunkbeds, and because we were in two seperate rooms, we didn't know that the boys were out on their balcony playing around, and then just as I go to check on them, I see them out on their balcony, Luke having climbed up on the railing, and then he falls......and we lose our baby forever. It was a HORRIBLE dream. :eek: :sad1:

I just may put something heavy in front of their balcony door when we get there. :idea: :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

Good morning divas!!

Melody, congrats on your meat winning!! Did you guys win a prize?

Cristabel, have fun today!! Stay cool in this crazy heat!!

Dawn, yes! I am very excited! I was just thinking about it the other day too now that Halloween stuff is popping up in stores.

Capri, have a WONDERFUL trip!!! Be safe and take lots of pictures!

Good morning Dawn!!

I will bring you a bottle of this stuff in October.

Anyways, that is how he does it. Next week we are going Dave's Dad's 85th birthday party in Redlands, and we are making it for that too. This time he has to put in on the barby in time for us to leave Saturday morning. He will put it into the ice chest, and by the time we get there, it will be perfect to serve. Nice! :thumbsup2

Yum_--do does he serve the brisket hot or cold? does he warm it back up? I gotta find a brisket . . . .

Have a wonderful time Capri--you deserve it after all your hard work!

Dawnie: I CANNOT WAIT!!!! My biggest fear is we're going to run out of time! LOL

Anywhos, he entered his brisket that he has been perfecting, and he won first place for beef!! Woo hoo!! There were about 12 or so entrees in that catagory. .

That's great to beat out all those other people on his first try!!:banana:

Well girlies, I'm off to Disneyland later today (in 8 hours exactly!) !

Have a great time in Dl!

was!

Donna.... you are sicker? oh no... i hope you are not developing chronic bronchitis or walking pneumonia.. gosh... please take good care of you. i hope the fires are not adding to your breathing quality... try not to go out if the air is bad. :guilty:

i looked around and saw 4 generations of my family... and thought.. wow.. i'm so blessed. i am wealthy with love in my life and with people to love.

That is so amazing to me. Nice.
Unfortunately, the smoke is visible (hanging all over the air) and you can smell it. I had to water my hanging baskets because some were dying (in triple degree weather, I skipped yesterday too). But I'm back in the a/c now.

Cheryl, I will tell you a little of Dave's method.

He puts a dry rub that we make up, on the briskets the day before so they have been sitting in it for at least 12 to 24 hours. He cooks them at a low temp, around 250 for around 12 to 14 hours depending on size and what temp is set. So for the contest he had to get them on the barby around midnight the night before. He didn't want to spend the night so his barby was hooked up to a post and then he locked it up! :laughing: He went back again at 10:00 in the morning and then stayed with the rest of the players. The official start wasn't until 4:00pm, so at around 11:30 his first brisket was done. He then wraps them in heavy foil and puts them in an icechest wrapped in towels until serving time. This lets them rest and gather all the yummy juices. We have a favorite BBQ sauce that he buys locally, so he used that as his sauce to serve with. Someday, I want to try and copy it. I will bring you a bottle of this stuff in October.

What a lot of work that is! What's the brand of your local bbq sauce? We have a bristol farms that gets some unusual, smaller brands, maybe it's there.

I take it that when the meat is in the ice chest, there is no ice? That it is just keeping its heat? Please ask him if he thinks this can be duplicated in the oven (like, in the winter).

Oh, but I had a pre-trip nightmare last night. Anyone else ever get those? :goodvibes

Capri, yeah, I often get those. As you know from the past, it's the pre-trip stress. Have a wonderful time!!!

Hi to everyone else! :goodvibes

Oh, but I had a pre-trip nightmare last night. Anyone else ever get those? Well usually I'll dream about our plane crashing or losing one of the boys in Disneyland.....those two dreams always creep their way into my mind. But this time I dreamed that Luke (our six year old) fell off a high balcony at the HOJO because DH and I were in our room (the side with the king bed) of the kid suite, and the boys were in their room with the bunkbeds, and because we were in two seperate rooms, we didn't know that the boys were out on their balcony playing around, and then just as I go to check on them, I see them out on their balcony, Luke having climbed up on the railing, and then he falls......and we lose our baby forever. It was a HORRIBLE dream. :eek: :sad1:

I just may put something heavy in front of their balcony door when we get there. :idea: :rolleyes1 :goodvibes

Capri--

I am so lost on this board. :(
Is there a meet while you are in Disneyland? Can we hook up Friday or Saturday afternoon/evening? I don't know what my DH and kids are up for, but I want to see you!
Let me know...I think Jane might want to meet too! And others? Sorry if something's already planned and I just missed it. My brain is clogged with moving details and paint fumes. :sad2:

What September meet?! I haven't even heard of this! :confused3

Well if I'm not stepping on any toes, I'll join you. :goodvibes

I guess it's totally appropriate to say "Thank God it's Friday!" then!:lmao:
Alrighty, I'll be there! I hope the weather will be more cooperative and not try to make me pass out. Today is a real hot one over here. I plan on hibernating in my room for today...but I still have to go grocery shopping!At least the grocery store is air-conditioned!

Yeah!!!! I can't wait to see you Cristabel! I am so glad you will be able to join us. After lunch we plan on going on some rides...Pirates and then maybe Indy, Splash and BTMRR (I need to get those in as I am traveling with little kiddos and won't have much other opportunity!) So get some fastpasses if you can!

Awwwww, I feel the love here. It's a hug fest! :cutie::laughing::cutie:

Well, I got all my school work done and turned in, so this class is put to bed! :woohoo:

Today will be laundry and packing for our trip. Laundry and packing sound like chores, but for some reason doing laundry and packing is fun when you're getting ready for vacation....especially when you're going to Disneyland or WDW. Of course, it's when you get back and you have to unpack and do laundry that it again becomes chores......torturous chores!:goodvibes

I hope you have a great trip!!!!

Melody, that's cool! Congrats to your hubby and I want to see those Route 66 aprons!

Well girlies, I'm off to Disneyland later today (in 8 hours exactly!) with Diana and Tyrae. We are all very excited to hang out together and to be at Disneyland. Jill (4fosterkids) said that there were really low crowds today which is pretty surprising! We are leaving my place at 9am because we want to make the opening of DCA to ride Toy Story Mania! It's our favorite and we always try to beat each other's score.

I'm going to wear my new t-shirt tomorrow. I'll post pictures,too!

Good night!
I hope you are having a fabulous time at DL Cristabel! I would so love to be able to go so often like you now get to do!

:scared1: What an absolutely AWFUL dream :scared1: I hope you have a great time and only have wonderfully magical things happen! Be sure to take lots of pics!

Sarah

Thanks everyone for all the magical trip wishes for us. You all are just the best! :grouphug:

Jen: I sent you a PM about meeting up. I would love to see you while we're there.:thumbsup2

So guess where I am...he he he. Yup, work again. I have a double today, a double tomorrow and I am working 13 days in a row. Oh well. I am putting in for as much overtime as I can get for the next 4 weeks as I am hoping that dh will have a job by the end of september and even if he doesn't he will be starting school going tuesday and thursday nights as well as saturday mornings. I am trying to boost our savings as much as possible. Plus, I will have all the money I need in order to go on the Diva trip by next monday! I should find out this monday or tuesday if I get to go. Here's hoping!

Later ladies!

Sarah

I just got back from my doctor who informed me that I am sicker than I think, that I had to go straight to bed and stay home for three days! Sheesh.
Some get well wishes for you! :wizard: :wizard:

The important thing though is that I found my tie-dye shirt! Green and yellow (school colors) with a big Oregon Duck (Donald of course). Just the kind of thing I was looking for. :cheer2:
Sounds great! :thumbsup2

Anywhos, he entered his brisket that he has been perfecting, and he won first place for beef!! Woo hoo!!
Way to go Dave!! :woohoo:

Well girlies, I'm off to Disneyland later today (in 8 hours exactly!) with Diana and Tyrae.
Have a magical time! :goodvibes

Hope everyone had a GREAT day yesterday and has an even better one today!
Same to you! :hug:

Melody... i showed Bob your post.. he was like.. that's Awesome! How kewl is that to say.. i'm gonna learn how to do this.. then not only self teach, and WIN! Just the best story:thumbsup2

Yeahhhhh a post from WendyLouWho!:hug:

I can't wait to hear how DebbieLouWho's concert night was!

Linda.. i'm so looking forward to seeing you, it will be fun just to get to spend some time without things to do.

Stacerita.. i hope your back feels better.. i really miss your posts.. they brought such humor and positive energy to the thread.

Karly.. that's so kewl you found a tie dye shirt that has special meaning for you!

Cristabel.. have a fun time! Thanks for stepping up to the plate on the October thread.

Courtney... i can't wait for the halloween exchange.. can you? i've been working on it and so has my mom!

I hope Capri is having a great time.

Has anyone heard from katie and matt's mom? she was having surgery.. i hope she's healing alright, she seems like such a nice lady.

Steph... i wish i lived close to you..i would cook some food for you while you're healing. we will keep you in our prayers when you have your surgery.

Amysue... how are you healing? you better be resting some!

Kelly...you must relax.. and delegate some of the stress to your husband.. stress creates bad things in the body and can delay healing. make peace a priority.

Theresa...What kinda things is Jessie into? I'm working on a little party favor bag for him for my mom's party. I don't think he would like the others which are girlie girlie!

Yesterday we had a bbq.. just burgers and hot dogs.. but as i was pouring the drinks.. i looked around and saw 4 generations of my family... and thought.. wow.. i'm so blessed. i am wealthy with love in my life and with people to love.
Hello Dawn. Sounds like a really special BBQ with your family. :hippie:

Have a great time!!! I want to see lots of pics when you get back. :)

I was just thinking about it the other day too now that Halloween stuff is popping up in stores.
I am so excited about that!!! :banana:

I have a double today, a double tomorrow and I am working 13 days in a row.
:eek: How do you do it?!?!?! :worship: It's nice you'll have the money for the trip though. :)

Good morning divas!!

Melody, congrats on your meat winning!! Did you guys win a prize?
!
Yeah! He won $200.00!!! :banana: Not as much as some of these events you see, but this was the first one for this location, and it also was smaller than alot of the big bomb ones you see on television.

Yum_--do does he serve the brisket hot or cold? does he warm it back up? I gotta find a brisket .
Sorry for the confusion. He uses the ice chest as a method of keeping it hot. I guess we should call it a "hot chest." :rolleyes1 Last year Dave cooked some ahead of time, and then refrigerated them. We took them to a big family reunion get together for Christmas. We re-heated them in the oven, and they still turned out great.

What a lot of work that is! What's the brand of your local bbq sauce? We have a bristol farms that gets some unusual, smaller brands, maybe it's there.

LOL! I don't think so! THe only place Dave can buy it around here, is at one of our local carpet, funiture stores in Visalia.:laughing: Apparently his wife works there, and they let him sell if from there of all things. The first time he went in to ask for it, they looked at him like he was loco or something.:upsidedow They finally found someone who knew about it, and he bought some. He had originally had tasted and bought some at a local BBQ cook off, so that is how he knew where to find it later.

I take it that when the meat is in the ice chest, there is no ice? That it is just keeping its heat?

Yes that is true!

Please ask him if he thinks this can be duplicated in the oven (like, in the winter).

For someone who doesn't have a slow barby or smoker this might be their best bet. It has to be cooked super slow. I know that Emeril Lagasse has a recipe for doing this. I will get back to you on this.

Hey, How are you feeling today???
2414958040_548828483b.jpg
:confused3

So guess where I am...he he he. Yup, work again. I have a double today, a double tomorrow and I am working 13 days in a row. Oh well. I am putting in for as much overtime as I can get for the next 4 weeks as I am hoping that dh will have a job by the end of september and even if he doesn't he will be starting school going tuesday and thursday nights as well as saturday mornings. I am trying to boost our savings as much as possible. Plus, I will have all the money I need in order to go on the Diva trip by next monday! I should find out this monday or tuesday if I get to go. Here's hoping!

Later ladies!

Sarah
Sarah,
Here is another hug, for one of our hardest working Divas.
images

I'm so glad that you have a DL trip planned soon. You deserve it big time!!

I always feel guilty about posting, because I am so horribly lost and not up to date with everyone and most definitely have missed out on the most recent additions to the group. I'm SORRY! :(

I wanted to wish everyone who is heading to DLR soon a GREAT visit! I'm missing it like crazy. It doesn't help that my dh plays visionsfantastic radio 24/7 on the computer. :rolleyes1

So, I've been dreaming and scheming about a way to surprise my family with a WDW trip in January. I'd give it to the kids as their Christmas gift (we normally do one large family gift, which is normally a trip to DLR). Anyway, just in the beginning stages of daydreaming, really, but was curious of any of our DVC members could talk to me about the idea of renting points and how that all works. Since there are 5 in my family, and I don't want to be limited to ASM, I'm thinking a DVC property, might be the way to go??

Any thoughts or advice would be very much appreciated! :flower3:

Love to all! Hope you all have a great Sunday.

I always feel guilty about posting, because I am so horribly lost and not up to date with everyone and most definitely have missed out on the most recent additions to the group. I'm SORRY! :(

I wanted to wish everyone who is heading to DLR soon a GREAT visit! I'm missing it like crazy. It doesn't help that my dh plays visionsfantastic radio 24/7 on the computer. :rolleyes1

So, I've been dreaming and scheming about a way to surprise my family with a WDW trip in January. I'd give it to the kids as their Christmas gift (we normally do one large family gift, which is normally a trip to DLR). Anyway, just in the beginning stages of daydreaming, really, but was curious of any of our DVC members could talk to me about the idea of renting points and how that all works. Since there are 5 in my family, and I don't want to be limited to ASM, I'm thinking a DVC property, might be the way to go??

HI Callie!! Nice to see you!!

That is a wonderful idea! We did that for our kids in 2005!

If the points end up being too expensive to rent, the Port Orleans Riverside has rooms for 5 people. We stayed at the PO French Quarters, and we had breakfast at the Riverside one morning. It is a very beautiful resort too.

Have fun planning!!! I know I did.

Oh my gosh, that is just adorable!!! :cutie::lovestruc:cutie:

BIG HUGS GOOBYE TO YOU TOO!
Thanks!

Melody, thanks, that is the world's cutest get well card! :goodvibes

I am doing better today but the hard part is that I really don't feel that bad - but I've been ordered to stay home. Well, okay, I am a little tired.

So you have me totally intrigued on this bbq sauce now.

Does anyone know if other disney type boards have claimed colors as their "brand" the way disboards has lime green?

Melody, thanks, that is the world's cutest get well card! :goodvibes

I am doing better today but the hard part is that I really don't feel that bad - but I've been ordered to stay home. Well, okay, I am a little tired.

So you have me totally intrigued on this bbq sauce now.

Does anyone know if other disney type boards have claimed colors as their "brand" the way disboards has lime green?

Donna, I hope you feel better real soon. And all the other Diva's with health ailments. Man oh man, too many of us have bad knees, backs, internal stuff going on. No more!:hippie:

I love good BBQ sauce too, and am always up for trying a new brand. Especially Bristol Farm type brands, they have some really good stuff there (pricey, but it's to be expected). I used to peruse the Community Board (before it became so politically correct that no one discusses anything of interest anymore:sad2:) and there's a poster called Papa Duece. I like his polls and posts, one time he said he only buys his BBQ sauce from a mail order place and swears it is the best stuff ever. So I PM'ed him and got the web address from him and ordered 3 bottles. I don't remember the name right now. I got a peach flavored one, a Kentucky red bourbon one and a "regular flavor" one. They were fairly spicy and thin. They were all good, but nothing to write home about. I think the fact that I can't even remember the name speaks for itself.:laughing: So, good luck finding that special one and let me know if you do.;)

Congrats to your DH, Mel.:cheer2:It does seem like a lot of work. I cook 5 nights a week, but am pretty much a lazy-jones-bones and make most things from a prepared mix or use shortcuts or I "cheat" - like the other day I made fried chicken but served it with Reser's potato salad from Stater Brothers and coleslaw from KFC. :angel:

:eek: How do you do it?!?!?! :worship: It's nice you'll have the money for the trip though. :)

It's not tough work....it's just that I have to be there and be awake the whole time which is the hard part! I eat every 2 hours to try to help me stay awake and I drink lots of water...you are less likely to fall asleep if you have a full bladder!:rotfl: I am excited that the money aspect of the trip will be taken care of!

Sarah,
Here is another hug, for one of our hardest working Divas.
images

I'm so glad that you have a DL trip planned soon. You deserve it big time!!

Thanks for that! I am really excited that my trip is so soon! I can't wait to spend that time with my family, especially my ds!:cloud9:

Hope you all are having a great day!

Sarah

So, I've been dreaming and scheming about a way to surprise my family with a WDW trip in January. I'd give it to the kids as their Christmas gift (we normally do one large family gift, which is normally a trip to DLR).

That is so awesome Callie!!!! I'm so glad you are even thinking about it. I remember talking to you about it once and you said you didn't think you could tackle it, but I know you can. Not only can you handle the planning, I know you will make it wonderful and magical for your family. What a wonderful surprise that would be for them!!! :yay: :wizard:

Not sure if you'll see this, but check your Facebook inbox!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter