Girls-Only Mar 3-7 - On our way to Disneyland!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ladies!:wave2:

Ok, so I need to be added to a few dining lists - along with my DD Brianne.

Friday lunch - Carnation Cafe

Sat lunch - I like Trudi's idea of Plaza Inn prior to the SH. We can all get as little or as much as we want. Sign us up.

Sat dinner - I think we decided for all the SH participants we are meeting at the Pacific Wharf in DCA. Isn't that correct? If so, Bree & I will be there.:)

Sun Breakfast - Riverbelle Terrace. We want to do one brekkie with the group.;)

Most of us are doing the Sat night F! dessert seating. I think that is awesome that we will monopolize the entire event!:banana:

Any other group rides planned? I think we need a day/time for IASW, JC and Pirates for sure. We can decide those dates and times later.

Thanks, Steph for keeping up with all of us. :cutie:

Night all.

Hello Ladies! I've been on the fence about joining all of you but I have finally decided (barring any unforeseen catastrophes), I will be there. I'm so excited. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I haven't had a chance to read through every post but I will.....and I'm sure I'll have ton to say. :) I did catch your post, tinkermell.....about oliebollin.....holy shmoly!!!!!! I've fried up more oliebollen in the last week than I care to admit. My family is Dutch (my grandfather immigrated to the US in his teens) and it's been a tradition for years and years (even though he's long since left us). It's traditionally a New Year's treat but we've always done it over Christmas as that's when we're together. Oliebollen, Shmolybollen.....as delicious as it is....I'm so ready to not be deep frying. :) Enjoy your New Years!

Oh yeah....my name is Marnie. I'm from Utah. I love Disneyland....more than I probably should. I'm a teacher who loves my job. I don't have to work but I continue to because I adore the kids that touch my life every day. I can't wait to meet you all.

Hi Marnie! Welcome aboard. You are in good company with a bunch of women that all love Disney, probably more than we should!

Well, I am a little bummed. I have to fly home on Saturday, so I can't do Fantasmic that night. But I really want to do that show, so am considering doing it on Friday night. My friend who is also coming, also wants to do the desert seating. I do want to do WOC with you gals too! Is it possible to do early Fantasmic and then late WOC??

So that means I really can only sign up for meet and greet, which will be wonderful, I know. Linda, I want to spend some time with you and Brianne for sure. Would Friday Morning for breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace work??
Steph, please sign me up for Carnation Cafe on Saturday morning.

Mel, I know the shirts will be absolutly wonderful. You are so talented and creative. It is awsome of you to this for all of us not so talented!

I don't really know what else to sign up for. If Plaza works out, I will surely go, because I love their food!

PS Can you sign my friend Carrie up for the same stuff as me. Thanks Steph!

Capri! I can't believe your little guy weighs 68 pounds! My 8 year old weighs 71. Okay, well work hard at getting him thickened up a bit and back on the road to recovery.

Tracey

Hi Ladies! Not sure if my friends will be coming with me or if I will be coming solo on this trip..so here are my meals that i would like to attend at this point- Thurs Rancho Lunch, Friday Napa dinner, and Saturday Carnation Cafe breakfast....not sure about Sunday yet... Jen

Hello Ladies! I've been on the fence about joining all of you but I have finally decided (barring any unforeseen catastrophes), I will be there. I'm so excited. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I haven't had a chance to read through every post but I will.....and I'm sure I'll have ton to say. :) I did catch your post, tinkermell.....about oliebollin.....holy shmoly!!!!!! I've fried up more oliebollen in the last week than I care to admit. My family is Dutch (my grandfather immigrated to the US in his teens) and it's been a tradition for years and years (even though he's long since left us). It's traditionally a New Year's treat but we've always done it over Christmas as that's when we're together. Oliebollen, Shmolybollen.....as delicious as it is....I'm so ready to not be deep frying. :) Enjoy your New Years!

Oh yeah....my name is Marnie. I'm from Utah. I love Disneyland....more than I probably should. I'm a teacher who loves my job. I don't have to work but I continue to because I adore the kids that touch my life every day. I can't wait to meet you all.
Marnie! Very nice to meet you! So you caught me....LOL! I knew that I had not spelled oliebollin right, but I was too lazy to double check, thinking no one would notice the difference. Ha ha...someone who knows and has had them. Anywhos, that is too cool. :thumbsup2 My DH's family is very Dutch. His Dad came over after the war. Practically all of my friends are Dutch too. My last name is Brinkman. I could go on. :rolleyes1

You will have a wonderful time on the ladies trip. :goodvibes In the meantime, I will share some stuff about me. My name is Melody, and at the moment have distinct privilege of being one of the oldest Divas. :cool2: This will be my fourth trip with the ladies. We do have a lot of fun, and are so glad to have you join us. My DH Dave and I have been married for 33 years. :love: We have 4 children ranging from 31 to 17, and 4 grandchildren 6 years to 7 months. My oldest DD Becky is a 3rd grade teacher. I go to her classroom every Thursday to help out. I get to do most of the fun things like art, crafts and cooking. Needless to say, I am very popular with the students. :laughing: I also teach preschoolers at our church on Wednesday night, and some Sunday mornings. I watch Luca my 9 month old grandson 2 days a week too. Life is busy, but I am blessed. :cloud9:

Please make your self at home, and chat with us as much as possible. Looking forward to seeing a picture of you, so we can put a face to your name. Welcome again! :welcome:

Hi Marnie! Welcome aboard. You are in good company with a bunch of women that all love Disney, probably more than we should!

Well, I am a little bummed. I have to fly home on Saturday, so I can't do Fantasmic that night. But I really want to do that show, so am considering doing it on Friday night. My friend who is also coming, also wants to do the desert seating. I do want to do WOC with you gals too! Is it possible to do early Fantasmic and then late WOC??

So that means I really can only sign up for meet and greet, which will be wonderful, I know. Linda, I want to spend some time with you and Brianne for sure. Would Friday Morning for breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace work??
Steph, please sign me up for Carnation Cafe on Saturday morning.

Tracey
Tracey, even though your time will be short, I am so glad that you still can make it. You will have to cram as much as you can with us! :grouphug:

Linda, You have been in my thoughts so much. :hug:

Vicki, So glad you are still joining us too. Any friend of Sarah's is sure to be wonderful. :goodvibes I hope the un-family drama has settled down.

Capri, Hope Ryan gets well soon. He must have a really bad bug! Big hugs to you! :hug:

Lisa and all others, Thanks for the encouragement on the tee. I'm going out later this morning for some more info. :thumbsup2

farmgirlJen, Hey, it's good to see you. We would love to have you chat with us more often. How was your Christmas?

Steph, I need to figure out my dining schedule. I still have not done the WoC, and not sure how to figure that one in. I'm thinking about seeing it at a late showing. I also need to think seriously about the Fantasmic dessert show. Geesh........... What I need to do is write the whole schedule down from the front page, and get my act together. LOL!!:headache: Later.....

I think Plaza Inn at noon sounds great for Saturday, and Pacific Wharf after the SH is perfect. Should we plan 1:00 for the group photo? I am down for breakfast at Riverbelle Terrace any day, I could eat breakfast there every day! I do want to eat outside though, weather permitting. Looking forward to getting some definite times and places on the schedule. I love schedules! (Making them at least, not so much keeping them.)

Looking forward to spending more time getting to know everyone this year. I discovered that bringing a friend last year was fun but made it harder to be with the group.

Marnie~ Hello, nice to meet you :) I've never met a Marnie that wasn't a sweetie :cutie: My name is Jen.

I am on board for the Plaza Inn for Saturday lunch and then Pacific Wharf for afterwards. I have never eaten at the PW.

Another place I haven't tried is the Golden Horseshoe. What is it exactly and would anyone care to join me for something there? I am not sure why we have never stopped in there, but I walk by it many times a day when we are at DL.

Okie dokie...here goes my dining schedule.
Thanks Steph! Oh and can you take my name off of the Carnation Cafe for Sunday?

Thursday
Lunch- Rancho
Dinner- Meet and Greet

Friday
Breakfast- On my own with granola and yogurt. :goodvibes
Princess Fantasy Faire Pics
Small World?
or how about jumping on the Train all together?

Lunch- Carnation Cafe
Dinner- Napa Rose

Saturday
Breakfast- On my own...
Pirates?
Lunch- Plaza Inn
Castle Pics
Scavenger Hunt
Prizes
Dinner- Pacific Wharf/Cove Bar
Fantasmic Dessert Box

Sunday
Breakfast- Riverbelle Terrace
Jungle Cruise?
Lunch- BBQ Round-Up
Dinner- Cafe Orleans
Late showing of WoC?

I just threw in those rides to get some kind of idea going. I tried to match them up to some of the locations we would already be at.

Yeah, I couldn't help but notice that there is something missing from the schedule.....we need a Billy show or 2! Jen, the Golden Horseshoe is where Billy Hill and the Hillbillies play and we have some serious groupies on here. Foodwise it is limited, like chicken strips and ice cream and a few more things. But it is good if you like that, and you can bring in food from other places (last time I was there I got something from Rancho and brought that in). Last year our scheduled show was cancelled for a private group, so I think we should put a couple of shows on the schedule this time.

Looking forward to spending more time getting to know everyone this year. I discovered that bringing a friend last year was fun but made it harder to be with the group.
Carol: that has been my observation with ladies who bring others. Although there are always exceptions . . .

Another place I haven't tried is the Golden Horseshoe. What is it exactly and would anyone care to join me for something there? I am not sure why we have never stopped in there, but I walk by it many times a day when we are at DL.

O.M.G.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'd better be careful or you'll get a whupping from one of the Kirk Wall groupies (he plays one of the Billys--or to hear them--the important Billy). Carol: yes, we should get a couple of shows on the schedule and Jen you cannot miss it!

Marnie--welcome!

Capri! I can't believe your little guy weighs 68 pounds! My 8 year old weighs 71.

I know, right?!! My good friend Cathy (who came on the first ladies trip with me) gasped when she heard how much Ryan weighed for an 11 year old boy. His weight came off so fast though....we hardly had time to even notice while he was all bundled up under his covers, sick in bed. He would eat a little here and there like sick kids do (jello, popsicles, a few bites of this and that), and the nurse said as long as he continued to take in fluids that he should be fine (when we thought he had the flu). Ryan is one of those kids that just doesn't have any fat reserves though, so he dropped weight big time and fast. Justin and I feel awful about it. :sad2:

He's getting better though and had a decent day yesterday with his eating (for him). Hopefully today will be another good day of nutrition and calories. :thumbsup2

Marnie - WELCOME! :cheer2:

Jen - In all the times I've been to DLR, I've never been to the Golden Horseshoe or seen the Billy and the Hillbillies show either. I'm determined to finally see them on this trip. We should go together. :thumbsup2

Melody - You should come see the WOC with some of us after the Napa Rose dinner from the private balcony area at the GCH. That way you don't have to fight the waiting crowds in the park on Sunday night. Plus we plan to have some wine and/or hot cocoa to drink too. Maybe not the very best view, but still a nice place to watch the show and relax with the girls. :cloud9:

Marnie! Very nice to meet you! So you caught me....LOL! I knew that I had not spelled oliebollin right, but I was too lazy to double check, thinking no one would notice the difference. Ha ha...someone who knows and has had them. Anywhos, that is too cool. :thumbsup2 My DH's family is very Dutch. His Dad came over after the war. Practically all of my friends are Dutch too. My last name is Brinkman. I could go on. :rolleyes1

You will have a wonderful time on the ladies trip. :goodvibes In the meantime, I will share some stuff about me. My name is Melody, and at the moment have distinct privilege of being one of the oldest Divas. :cool2: This will be my fourth trip with the ladies. We do have a lot of fun, and are so glad to have you join us. My DH Dave and I have been married for 33 years. :love: We have 4 children ranging from 31 to 17, and 4 grandchildren 6 years to 7 months. My oldest DD Becky is a 3rd grade teacher. I go to her classroom every Thursday to help out. I get to do most of the fun things like art, crafts and cooking. Needless to say, I am very popular with the students. :laughing: I also teach preschoolers at our church on Wednesday night, and some Sunday mornings. I watch Luca my 9 month old grandson 2 days a week too. Life is busy, but I am blessed. :cloud9:

Please make your self at home, and chat with us as much as possible. Looking forward to seeing a picture of you, so we can put a face to your name. Welcome again! :welcome:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes. Melody, I can't say it's spelled right. :) I've seen it spelled many different ways. That's just the way it's spelled on the recipe I got from my grandmother who got it from her mother in law....so, I've assumed it's the "right" way....at least right for me. ;)

I'm a teacher as well. I've taught 4th and 3rd and this year I changed schools which forced me to change grades as well. This year I'm teaching 1st grade and it's been a challenge. I've enjoyed it, though. Funny about you helping in your daughter's class. My mom is retiring in a couple of months and she keeps saying she's going to get bored. She's an artist so I told her that she can come help with art in my class on Wednesdays. I'm sure my class will love her.

Anyhow - I will get a picture posted as soon as I find one. Unfortunately, I'm always the one behind the camera rather than in front of it. ;)

Okie dokie...here goes my dining schedule.
Thanks Steph! Oh and can you take my name off of the Carnation Cafe for Sunday?

Thursday
Lunch- Rancho
Dinner- Meet and Greet

Friday
Breakfast- On my own with granola and yogurt. :goodvibes
Princess Fantasy Faire Pics
Small World?
or how about jumping on the Train all together?

Lunch- Carnation Cafe
Dinner- Napa Rose

Saturday
Breakfast- On my own...
Pirates?
Lunch- Plaza Inn
Castle Pics
Scavenger Hunt
Prizes
Dinner- Pacific Wharf/Cove Bar
Fantasmic Dessert Box

Sunday
Breakfast- Riverbelle Terrace
Jungle Cruise?
Lunch- BBQ Round-Up
Dinner- Cafe Orleans
Late showing of WoC?

I just threw in those rides to get some kind of idea going. I tried to match them up to some of the locations we would already be at.

Ok, now I'm so confused. Looked at this, looked back at front page, two different posts, and I don't know if what I should be signing up for.

I have a question for the Napa Rose ladies. I would love to go there and enjoy the ambience. I have looked at the menu, and while I know it may change for spring, currently I am not seeing anything too exciting to me. Some of the appitizers look great though. Wondering if I could join in and just order a glass of wine and an appi? What do you think? I know it is not my hubby's cup of tea, and so I am not likely to end up at Napa Rose anytime in the near future, if I don't take this opportunity. But the same could be said for Fantasmic Desert seating, so I am a bit torn.

And by the way, I finally told my husband that I wanted to go on the trip and that I had purchased the airfare. It was completly non eventful. Basically he just asked when he would need to pick the kids up, etc. So much for my big plans on how I was going to deal with his rejection of my plan. I guess we have been watching enough TV lately:)

We also are going to Vegas next month (I am hoping to get to see Beth and maybe Jane too) and that is his idea of Disneyland, so maybe the vacation happiness is with him:)

Oh, and I love the idea of throwing some rides on the schedule because it is so fun to do those as a group.

Do I need to sign up for things like the princess pictures, or just be there at the appropriate times?

Steph,
Did you find a POC for the snack table? If not, now that I am 100% committed, I would be willing to do that. Just keep a running list of who's bringing what, and then let everyone know if we are getting too many duplicates, right?

Ok, now I'm so confused. Looked at this, looked back at front page, two different posts, and I don't know if what I should be signing up for.

I have a question for the Napa Rose ladies. I would love to go there and enjoy the ambience. I have looked at the menu, and while I know it may change for spring, currently I am not seeing anything too exciting to me. Some of the appitizers look great though. Wondering if I could join in and just order a glass of wine and an appi? What do you think? I know it is not my hubby's cup of tea, and so I am not likely to end up at Napa Rose anytime in the near future, if I don't take this opportunity. But the same could be said for Fantasmic Desert seating, so I am a bit torn.

And by the way, I finally told my husband that I wanted to go on the trip and that I had purchased the airfare. It was completly non eventful. Basically he just asked when he would need to pick the kids up, etc. So much for my big plans on how I was going to deal with his rejection of my plan. I guess we have been watching enough TV lately:)

We also are going to Vegas next month (I am hoping to get to see Beth and maybe Jane too) and that is his idea of Disneyland, so maybe the vacation happiness is with him:)
Tracey,

:happytv::happytv::happytv::happytv::happytv:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Anywhos, you are probably confused, cuz at the moment, there are alot of options for dining. That is why I had to write everything down from the front page and then decide.

Oh, and it is totally fine to order just or an appetizer, drink and dessert if you want at Napa. I think some ladies did that last year. We also shared our meals, so we had room for dessert. :rolleyes1

Marnie - WELCOME! :cheer2:

Jen - In all the times I've been to DLR, I've never been to the Golden Horseshoe or seen the Billy and the Hillbillies show either. I'm determined to finally see them on this trip. We should go together. :thumbsup2

Melody - You should come see the WOC with some of us after the Napa Rose dinner from the private balcony area at the GCH. That way you don't have to fight the waiting crowds in the park on Sunday night. Plus we plan to have some wine and/or hot cocoa to drink too. Maybe not the very best view, but still a nice place to watch the show and relax with the girls. :cloud9:

Capri, I can hardly believe you have not seen the Billies either. What is this world coming too? :laughing: I'll go along with whoever wants. I love those guys! :love:

I totally forgot about watching the WoC from the Grand. Count me in! :cool1: Then if I have time later, I would still like to see it from the viewing area. I saw it from the back, over by the Wheel of Death, but I know that is not the same.

So good news on the tees. I received a wonderful quote, and are pleased with the tees.

The tees will have to be a royal purple, in order for us to have a wide range of sizes.

That is all I can tell you for now. I need to figure out the sizing better before taking orders. I believe I will be using two different companies. Hanes and Tulex.

TTFN!

Howdy all! Add me to the "Never seen the Billies" list....

Is the WOC from GCH an open invite? If so, I'd love to go.... can we BYOB? If so, I'll bring a bottle of wine!

I spent most of today in and out of my kitchen, but I have a ginormous tupperware bowl full of minestrone soup in my fridge! Tomorrow I need to pick up some crusty sourdough bread and that will be dinner tomorrow night. YUM!

Two weeks from tomorrow I will be back at Disneyland! I may pop down for a day trip in February. We have a $100 credit sitting in DH's southwest account that we will lose if it isn't used (meaning the travel is completed) by Feb 25th, so if he doesn't have anything come up, I will use it. Can't let it go to waste, right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter