Girls have fun trip: Final day

tennisfan

Was told off for sliding down the bannister at SL
Day 4:

Our last day. We were up, showered & packed ready for breakfast at 8.15. There wasn’t much of a queue & we were seated straight away. Choice was plentiful again & we had our feel.

After breakfast we passed the Mickey photo shoot in the hotel, as we hadn’t got many group photos we decided to have this one. Mickey was wearing his marching band uniform. We loaded the car up with our luggage, made a lunchtime booking for Restaurant to the Stars (Ratatouille restaurant) & hit the parks for the last time. Today we were concentrating on shopping rather then the rides. We had already purchased the Mickey photo & got a good deal. We were only going to buy 1 & then copy it back home. But they had a deal for 3 photos & strong frames for €30 before shareholder discount which is what we did.

1st shop was the Star Tours one where I got a couple more pins & a Stitch travel mug, which will come in handy for work & we aren’t allowed back to station for 7 hours etc.

We then hit the shop by the Buzz ride (the name escapes me) where more things were bought. Lorraine got some Minnie Ears & a Minnie Mouse travel mug. I got a nice hoody zip up jacket & was impressed that the Medium was way to big for me, so I had to get a Small!! I also got some stripy Stitch socks that are funky & a couple of things for my niece & nephew.

After this my credit card took another hammering in the Christmas shop. I got some lovely decs, which I will post a photo of later. A quick visit to the dragon under the castle we made our way to a final visit to Salon Mickey. The marching band was outside the DLH playing He’s a Pirate & was very good.

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

We had a lovely CM in Salon Mickey who was very chatty & apologised for not having a bigger selection of pastries (we didn’t mind, it’s a perk) but he said to take 2 each. It was busier in here today so we grabbed a quick drink before heading off to the Studios.

Our timing to the Studios couldn’t have been more perfect. The Too Train was just coming round & it had Stitch & the Chipmunks on it, we hadn’t managed to have a photo with them yet.

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

One of the Chipmunks stole Lorraine's Minnie Ears

It was all very organised & everyone was made to queue. The CM’s were very friendly & helpful. After our photo we headed for lunch.

The best choice all holiday. There was so much variety, the beef bourgeon was to die for, the meat just melted in your mouth. I went back for 2nds & then hit the desserts, which again had plenty of choice. We would definitely eat here again.

After lunch we had one more last shop & my credit card had one last hammering. We had a quick look in the Village for a fob watch for myself but nowhere sold them.

Went to get fuel at Auchan but forgot it’s a Sunday & everywhere is shut. Got some fuel just as we joined the motorway (although we didn’t need it as we only used a ¼ tank to get there)

Our journey was uneventful & we were soon back in Calais meeting my aunt & uncle who were travelling back with us to get us through for £1. The train was on time & I was soon back home.

Found meeting characters to be better organised, many having queued areas & we are already looking at going back in October as my cousin's boyfriend was gutted he couldn't join our girls only trip.

Thanks for reading:goodvibes

Great trip report Nikki - I have really enjoyed reading it :goodvibes

Great report, I should read the full reports more often! :)

I gather you did a fair amount of shopping, did you happen to spot any mickey mouse hands? wanted to pick some up a few years ago but never found any :) ta

Great report, I should read the full reports more often! :)

I gather you did a fair amount of shopping, did you happen to spot any mickey mouse hands? wanted to pick some up a few years ago but never found any :) ta

Yes they sell them. Most shops had them but definately the one in Frontierland I was tempted to buy a pair, I said I was going to use them at work when I treat patients:rotfl2:

Thanks to everyone who has read my TR:thumbsup2

Just read your trip report and enjoyed it so much thank you.Its funny how most people feel ill at some point during their trip .
Thanks again.:cheer2:

Just read your trip report and enjoyed it so much thank you.Its funny how most people feel ill at some point during their trip .
Thanks again.:cheer2:

I was starting to feel ill before my trip, I work with for the ambulance service so i'm exposed to anything & everything. The other 2 I think just over did it in the heat as they were fine on the last day

I've really enjoyed reading your trip reports Nikki, thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

Awww, that was great reading. Hope you get to go again in October - go the last week and I can see you at Salon Mickey. ;)

Awww, that was great reading. Hope you get to go again in October - go the last week and I can see you at Salon Mickey. ;)

It would probably be the last week as my cousin wants to do Halloween season & I want to go to the bonfire season, as they overlap even better:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter