*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

Hi ladies~

On Saturday I went to see Kenny Chesney!
It was a great concert!!
I had the chance to meet Montgomery Gentry.
mggme.jpg

I am going to try and catch up.

I hope everyone is doing great!

My bloodwork came back, and it turns out that I was pregnant...for about 2 days. She is calling it a chemical pregnancy, and so I just have to let things run their course. She says they happen all the time, and most women don't know about it because they aren't monitoring things closely. Well, you all know how type A I am about Disney, so you can imagine how type A I am about baby making....(that didn't sound right!). I am concerned about the future a little. This is technically my 5th pregnancy since I lost 2 babies before finally bringing Nathan home. I'm just worried about the future, but am trying to remember that God has a plan. If things don't settle down, she's going to do an u/s on Thursday and possibly a D&C. I just pray it all settles down by then. In the meantime, I still have my headache, and still hurt.

That's about it, I'll be fine, but am worrying.

Wish I could be there to give you one of these:hug: Thinking of you.

Sarah

I'm back!!!

Did ya all miss me???:cutie:

So what is the latest? What got planned while I was gone? :hyper:

I have alot to catch up on, and I'm not even sure where to begin?:confused3

Welcome back!!!! I don't think much has been planned while you were MIA. You know Beth, though. If we planned anything I am sure she has put it on the front page!

Sarah

Good evening Ladies! I am SO far behind as I haven't been on the DIS for a week! Yikes!

Heather - take care of yourself and try not to worry. :)

Some of you know that I just finished driving from Northern California to Ohio. Tomorrow morning we start training to learn to handle my son's new Service Dog. We are so excited to meet Oakley! I have pictures of her on Facebook and will also post pictures and video of Jack meeting her tomorrow.

Anyway, I will try to get on as much as possible but it will probably not be much the next few weeks.

How Great! Congrats on adding a new member to your family!

Sarah

I'm back!!!

So what is the latest? What got planned while I was gone? :hyper:

I have alot to catch up on, and I'm not even sure where to begin?:confused3

Of course we missed you! And nothing much has gotten planned, actually nothing at all. We still have ... 6 months or so??

Thanks for the welcome back ladies. I tried to catch up a bit.

First of all............

Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about your assistant Francine. That sure happened fast. My heartfelt prayers go out to you.:hug:

Kelly, I hope you get this pain thing figured out real soon!! And this business partner Shane might go in with, sounds like a guy from hell. DH had one like that, and it went sour really fast. Be very very careful. He could ruin your family life. I think you guys need to start something on your own. :thumbsup2

Tracey, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's and nephew's loss. Such a tragedy, and so selfish. But I know to those who do this, they are totally not in their right minds. Big prayers and hugs to you too. :hug:

Heather, I hope you are feeling better everyday. I had one of those pregnancys, so I know what you are talking about. Of course that was a long time ago, so I can't remember alot. Take care.:hug:

Dawn, loved the picture. :goodvibes
Don't worry about LAX, just ask around.
I love San Fran also. So many things to see, the theater, places to eat, and the best shopping bar none!!
So you are coming to DL in Sept also? Cool beans for you!:cool1:

Sarah/Moto, you have a cute boyfriend!! :cutie:

Kerry, it's good to see you around again.:goodvibes Can't wait to see your scrapbook of our trip.

Welcome to Daisy! I love your name. On Saturday, while sitting on the beach, and watching all the families playing I heard a dad call to his little girl about 2 years old. Her name was Daisy, and I thought to myself, what an adorable name. :flower3: Anyways, it will be fun to have someone join us from the east.

I just know I'm forgetting something.

We had a fabulous time at the beach. The weather was beautiful, and it was just nice to get away and relax with family and friends. In one campsite we crammed in our fifth wheel trailer, 5 tents, 2 picnic tables, upteem chairs, and about 10 bikes. Not to mention 2 surfboards, 3 boogie boards, wagons, sand buckets, umbrellas, and more sand chairs. It looked like a bomb went off in the campsite most of the time. I tried to keep it picked up, but is didn't last long. We had 13 people for most of the week, and on Friday 3 more showed up for the rest of the weekend. It was quite a party. We sure did go through the groceries. :eek: Oh, and we know alot of the rest of the campers, so alot of them would come down to our site, and make some-mores and play games. It made my heart happy, to see everyone having so much fun! I made cowboy cobbler one night, and bread pudding on another in the dutch oven for dessert too. The bread pudding was an experiment, and it turned out really good. It was scarfed down in minutes!!

Anyways, I'm home again to real life, which is hot hot, and our washing maching is having fits, cuz our water pressure is not enough, due to our well still being dry. If you remember, we are tied into the neighbors for now, and it doesn't work so good at times. Especially if they are using lots of water for themselves. (Gee.........how dare they use their own water.):laughing: So that process is going slowly, and if any of you have ever camped, you know the kind of laundry that comes home.:scared1: Mountains of it! :sad2:

I will try and get some pics posted, when I figure it out all over again! :rolleyes1

I missed talking with you guys.:grouphug:

Thanks for the welcome back ladies. I tried to catch up a bit.

First of all............

Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear about your assistant Francine. That sure happened fast. My heartfelt prayers go out to you.:hug:
Kelly, I hope you get this pain thing figured out real soon!! And this business partner Shane might go in with, sounds like a guy from hell. DH had one like that, and it went sour really fast. Be very very careful. He could ruin your family life. I think you guys need to start something on your own. :thumbsup2

Tracey, I am so sorry to hear about your sister's and nephew's loss. Such a tragedy, and so selfish. But I know to those who do this, they are totally not in their right minds. Big prayers and hugs to you too. :hug:

Heather, I hope you are feeling better everyday. I had one of those pregnancys, so I know what you are talking about. Of course that was a long time ago, so I can't remember alot. Take care.:hug:

Dawn, loved the picture. :goodvibes
Don't worry about LAX, just ask around.
I love San Fran also. So many things to see, the theater, places to eat, and the best shopping bar none!!
So you are coming to DL in Sept also? Cool beans for you!:cool1:

Sarah/Moto, you have a cute boyfriend!! :cutie:

Kerry, it's good to see you around again.:goodvibes Can't wait to see your scrapbook of our trip.

Welcome to Daisy! I love your name. On Saturday, while sitting on the beach, and watching all the families playing I heard a dad call to his little girl about 2 years old. Her name was Daisy, and I thought to myself, what an adorable name. :flower3: Anyways, it will be fun to have someone join us from the east.

I just know I'm forgetting something.

We had a fabulous time at the beach. The weather was beautiful, and it was just nice to get away and relax with family and friends. In one campsite we crammed in our fifth wheel trailer, 5 tents, 2 picnic tables, upteem chairs, and about 10 bikes. Not to mention 2 surfboards, 3 boogie boards, wagons, sand buckets, umbrellas, and more sand chairs. It looked like a bomb went off in the campsite most of the time. I tried to keep it picked up, but is didn't last long. We had 13 people for most of the week, and on Friday 3 more showed up for the rest of the weekend. It was quite a party. We sure did go through the groceries. :eek: Oh, and we know alot of the rest of the campers, so alot of them would come down to our site, and make some-mores and play games. It made my heart happy, to see everyone having so much fun! I made cowboy cobbler one night, and bread pudding on another in the dutch oven for dessert too. The bread pudding was an experiment, and it turned out really good. It was scarfed down in minutes!!

Anyways, I'm home again to real life, which is hot hot, and our washing maching is having fits, cuz our water pressure is not enough, due to our well still being dry. If you remember, we are tied into the neighbors for now, and it doesn't work so good at times. Especially if they are using lots of water for themselves. (Gee.........how dare they use their own water.):laughing: So that process is going slowly, and if any of you have ever camped, you know the kind of laundry that comes home.:scared1: Mountains of it! :sad2:

I will try and get some pics posted, when I figure it out all over again! :rolleyes1

I missed talking with you guys.:grouphug:

I'm so sorry, but what happend to Francine? I know Cheryl had posted that she was ill but I haven't read anything about it since!

Mel, I am glad you had such a great time camping! It sounds like a blast!

Sarah

I'm so sorry, but what happend to Francine? I know Cheryl had posted that she was ill but I haven't read anything about it since!

Mel, I am glad you had such a great time camping! It sounds like a blast!

Sarah

Francine passed away a little over a week ago.

:hug: Cheryl.

steph

Welcome back Mel!!

Thanks so much for the understanding about everything! Yeah I am besides myself about this whole business thing. Shane REALLY wants this but he is a bit naive. He is only a high school graduate and sometimes I think he gets a little bit gung ho. I am WAY more skeptical. My parents owned their own businesses my entire life and I watched them struggle through hard times and I had a VERY tough childhood because of it. Lots of sacrifices. I lived with my aunt and uncle when I was very young because they were away a lot and then when they were finally home I spent MOST of my time sitting at their store and eating dinner out of bags or cartons or at restaurants. I played dolls or watched tv alone and came home from school to the store. We wouldn't get home till sometimes after 10 at night most nights. We were there on weekends etc. It was a hard life. I never had friends or did anything because I couldn't. I wasn't allowed to play sports or be in any activities because my parents were too busy with their business. It was tough but it is what they had to do and they struggled financially too. They are STILL struggling even now. It is carrying on into the next generation because my mom doesn't spend anytime with my kids either. She works 7 days a week MOST of the time. This is what I DON'T want and what I vowed I didn't want for my kids. Shane and I have always kind of struggled a bit financially but we don't have much debt and I have always stayed home and never worked more than part time since the kids were born. They have been able to play sports and do Girl Scouts and I have been able to volunteer in their classes. To me this business represents everything I grew up with and it scares me. Sure we need to be better off financially but at what cost like I said. Plus if this guy can't understand that this is a rough time for us right now with everything going on with Lynn etc then he is a jerk.

But that is ALL he cares about is this business. He expects ME to deal with everything so that Shane can concentrate on the business and that even includes to the detriment of his CURRENT job. Well I'm sorry but he still has to keep his current job until this one comes through thank you very much. He actually expected shane to take his vacation to go WORK on the electrical job. Shane works his BUTT off doing tile and it is a VERY physical job. He NEEDS a break once in a while and plus he doesn't get paid vacation and this guy has a lot of nerve expecting him to take UNPAID time off to go WORK for him for free! GRRRRRR

Anyway we shall see. My parents just came over and we had a big pow wow about it. They think it is a good opportunity but I am still skeptical.

Anyway I am off to bed. Good night all and see you tomorrow.

I find it to be very telling that so many of us have been touched by suicide. Mental health is so important, but people don't talk about it. My ex had many issues come to life 5 years into our marriage (it's common for some disorders to not show up until your late 20's/30's). It was as real and life threatening as a heart attack or stroke, yet none of my friends or family wanted to deal with it and support me at the time. It's wonderful to see so many thoughtful posts. I wish you all had been around 7 years ago! I could have used your friendship then. :grouphug:

This is so true. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. It does help.

I am also thinking about you Heather and hope that everything turns out okay. Kelly, I hope you are able to manage your pain and enjoy your vacation. Deb, concert looked fabulous! Good Night everyone. T

HELLO!

Wow, so many things going on! I send out prayers to all my friends who are dealing with family loss and illness.

Melody, you're back! :hug: I'm glad you had such a good time with your family. I get that feeling of joy during Christmas time because that is when we are all together just celebrating Christ and enjoying each others' company.

I'm still at home. I leave for school in 16 days! I still can't believe it's happening. It's kind of like when you're little and you feel like you will never grow up and when you do, it's kind of surreal.

I miss all of you :hug:

Morning all! Crack of dawn here LOL. I got myself up to get our boarding passes and realized I only had Shane's ticket and not the girls and mine. See orig mom and the girls and I were going and not him so we have separate tickets. So I panicked. I called mom at o dark thirty and luckily she even answered and of course she didn't have the ticket because it was at work so I had to call southwest and then they put me on hold. So while I was waiting I kept trying to get Shane's and would you believe I got in RIGHT at 6 and he still got A50! That is crazy! Southwest must be doing something crazy with holding a bunch of seats for business class or something cuz there is NO WAY that 50 other people checked in RIGHT at 6! Plus then after waiting on hold for 10 mins, getting my conf and entering the girls and I's info we were 51, 52 and 53!

But at least we got them. Plus since Shane is first he can go in and save us seats. But still 50 is so far back. Hopefully we can still sit together. I can't remember which flight it was but one of the last flights we had, I think it might have been in April I forgot to call early and we got in like the end of B or the beginning of the C group and no one would move and literally we all 4 were going to have to sit apart. Now I don't know about you but if I saw a parent and child having to sit apart and I was a single person I would move but whatever. Luckily FINALLY a nice person scotted OVER, not got up and moved mind you but at least scooted over so that Shelby and I could sit together. It was ridiculous the selfishness. Shelby was actually crying because she was afraid she was going to have to sit by herself and the flight attendant was yelling that the plane had to take off. It was ridiculous. So now I always make SURE I don't forget to check in but now even when I DID right on the dot we still got 50! Crazy! I just hope people aren't rude this time and don't spread out! For an hour flight it is one thing but a 6 hour flight it is WAY too long to be separated from your kids.

Anyway at least that is done now and last night Shane was trying to download some movies to my ipod although it seems to be a huge task that I don't know is going to work so we shall see. Anyway I plan to take the girls to get a couple new books today to read and go over everything to make sure we have everything. I always worry we will forget something important and we won't have a car there and where we are staying there is not really any stores handy so I need to make sure we don't forget anything.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day today and talk later!!

Good morning, sweeties. :grouphug:

So I'm asking for some lady advice. This Saturday is mine and DBF's 6 year :-)scared1:) anniversary. Any ideas what to get the guy? He told me he doesn't want/need anything, but I still want to get/do something cute. Over 6 years of birthdays/holidays/anniversaries I've pretty much done/bought it all. Any ideas would be wonderful. (I used a lot of /'s!)

Kelly, I really hope you feel better for your vacation! Lots of pixie dust to you.

Melody, welcome back! We missed you!

Heather, super giant hugs to you. Take good care of yourself.

Linda, I'm glad you and Breezy had a wondeful trip! Momma/daughter time is the BEST!

Good morning ladies! :goodvibes

Cristabel, your analogy was right on!:cloud9:

Sarah, thankyou too. We did have a blast. That is why we have been going there for over 22 years. Even if we have another vacation planned for the summer, this beach trip still happens. :goodvibes

Kelly, when are you leaving on your trip? It must be tomorrow, or sooner? Have loads of fun!!! And keep cool..................DC can be pretty yucky right now! I also hope you all get to sit together on your flight. I've never flown on Southwest. Is it always first come first serve?

Good Tuesday Morning My Diva Belles!

Wow, looks like I missed quite a bit recently. You're all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope for my Diva babes who are going through tough issues that things start looking up for you soon, healing takes place, and peace and happiness finds you once again. :grouphug:

Melody Welcome back! We missed you! :hug::yay::hug:

Thanks Heather. Yeah I have been praying a lot too that God will see his way to taking my pain away so this doesn't ruin the trip for Shane and the girls. I honestly don't even care at this point for myself but I don't want it to ruin their trip!
I'm still hoping you are able to enjoy the trip too. :hug:

However, it turns out that when I dropped a frozen roast on my toe a few months ago it damaged the nail bed and now the nail has separated from the bed (and may never re-attach) double :scared1: and YUCK! At least it doesn't hurt--thank God for nail polish! :rolleyes1
Ouch!! And yes, thankfully we have nail polish. lol

That's about it, I'll be fine, but am worrying.
:hug:

Some of you know that I just finished driving from Northern California to Ohio. Tomorrow morning we start training to learn to handle my son's new Service Dog. We are so excited to meet Oakley! I have pictures of her on Facebook and will also post pictures and video of Jack meeting her tomorrow.
It's been fun following your journey on FB and Oakley is so cute!!

I'm back!!!

Of course! Sounds like you had fun, although getting back to reality is always a pain.

Hi ladies~

On Saturday I went to see Kenny Chesney!
It was a great concert!!
I had the chance to meet Montgomery Gentry.
mggme.jpg
Awesome, love it!!

Of course we missed you! And nothing much has gotten planned, actually nothing at all. We still have ... 6 months or so??
Exactly, lol. Nothing was planned, but it's still so far out, and we pretty much know we are doing the same things as last time. :rotfl2: That's the nice thing about DL, it's easier to plan as opposed to WDW where you have four parks, and tons of hotels, 100's of restaurants, etc.

I'm still at home. I leave for school in 16 days! I still can't believe it's happening. It's kind of like when you're little and you feel like you will never grow up and when you do, it's kind of surreal.
You're going to do great! :wizard:

Morning ladies!! I am fighting a cold or something. I think I have a fever. Fell asleep last night at 7:30 and woke up this morning at 7. I've never done that unless I'm sick, so who knows.

Anyway, have a good day everyone. Talk to you soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter