• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*Girls DL Trip* OLD THREAD

Be thankful you aren't in the wedding. Unless you enjoy wearing ugly unflattering dresses, spending tons of money and time on things you could care less about, and having someone else tell you what to do. Be a guest at the wedding. Its more fun.

I helped in my youth leaders' Toni & Ryan's wedding and it was so stressful! I created the slideshow of each of their baby pictures and I helped decorate the church. The rest of the high schoolers were the food servers :laughing: So I had it relatively easy.

We've already come to the conclusion that I'm my older sister's MOH which I'm pretty excited/stressed about even though they aren't planning on getting married for another two years (they want to be out of school and be settled in their careers which I find to be rather smart). My cousin and his GF have been dating one year this month while my sister and her BF completed their 2 year anniversary in February. I just think my Sergio & Daniela are in too much of a hurry. What's the rush, I ask?!

My mother's office does whitening packs. I actually got a tray made years ago, and then will just pick up a syringe when I want to whiten. I whiten maybe once a year or if I have a wedding or fancy event to go to.

I had the same kind of tray and would also pick up a syringe when I wanted to whiten my teeth but now that I had to fall on my face and nearly knock out my two front teeth I can't use th trays any more because it puts too much pressure on those teeth. I am not happy at all with my teeth right nowand I've always had problems with my teeth and jaw! And the strange thing is that for years, going back to grade school I have a reaccuring dream/nightmare that I lose my teeth and have to go to school/work/in public with all of these missing teeth. It's like a nightmare has come true....ugh!!!:headache:

Dang girl, that's a lot of school in one semester! I'm going to have to pull one or two really full semesters so I can finish my BA in two years. Great job with those grades, though! I'm going to try to get at LEAST a 3.0GPA (right now my GPA is only 2.96 because of some bad semesters when I was in high school & was dealing with personal issues) because I really to graduate Cum Laude or Magna Cum Laude. I doubt I could get a Summa Cum Laude (4.0 GPA!) But I would love to graduate with honors :thumbsup2

I would shoot for reasonable goals. I graduated high school in 02 and began college in 04. 3.0 is completely reasonable. 4.0 is if you plan on having absolutely NOOOOOOOOO life haha! I have between a 3.4 and a 3.5. I had a 4.0 for my first semester and that was it, but I work REALLY hard and stilly barely have a life. I hardly have any friends but I'm okay with that. Most people around here are really catty and I just would rather spend my time alone or with my family. I am very dedicated to my art, so much so that I'm moving 2500 miles away from my entire life and re-build it to incorporate a new kind of art. *DL and the Divas will have a bigger part in that new life.... just a hunch ;)* The Divas can't replace my family, but given the fact that my family will be so far away from me, many of you have made it known that you are not very far away if I need you :hug:

Good luck getting your BA! I'm terrified a little at the prospect of getting ANOTHER degree on top of the one I just got. Ugg. It will be worth it some day when I'm making the big bucks! :cool1: Right? :lmao: I'm 100% confident you'll get honors :thumbsup2

Just leavin' big hugs for everybody cuz i don't know what all is going on:rotfl2:
When in doubt, leave a hug. :thumbsup2

I've got a basic site set up, but am working on tweaking it. I'll post the link at some point when it's looking a little better.
I can't wait.

If you left your kids standing on a street corner, you would be considered a terrible mother. The school district does it, and nada.
Yep. It's a street within our neighborhood, but still. Leaving a dozen middle schoolers to their own devices on a street corner for an hour just isn't smart.

Life is still a little out of whack right now, so I'm baking some cake balls right now to get my mind off of things and to relax
What on earth is a cake ball???

Everytime I watch that show with my Mom she always say "No way in heck (well another word) would I have ever let you get away with acting like that!!!" Seriously, those kids are just out of control and it's the parent's fault!
I agree. I don't think I was a mean mom, but I was tough. They knew not to act like that or they'd get it.
Hmmm, maybe I am a mean mom. Whatever. All I know is my kids have always been well behaved in public even to the point where we've gotten compliments from strangers at restaurants and such.

Which is NOT to say they are angels. No way. We've had our share of tantrums. But nothing like that. Ever.

My cousin is getting married next year so I should definitely look into this! I won't be a part of the wedding... I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or relieved :rotfl:
Relieved.

I am not happy at all with my teeth right now and I've always had problems with my teeth and jaw!
Ugh, I feel for you! My teeth are a mess. Big time.
You can ask the ladies, they know what I've been through with the dentist. I still have more work to be done. I need two more teeth pulled (had two pulled back in January) and a lower partial made, but I just am so terrified of the dentist I keep putting it off. And in doing so am putting my overall health at risk. :sad2:

The Divas can't replace my family, but given the fact that my family will be so far away from me, many of you have made it known that you are not very far away if I need you :hug:
:grouphug:

Are they warm and moist? ;)

Right now they are frozen & hard :laughing:. You have to freeze them before you dip them in chocolate.

What on earth is a cake ball???

It's a secret recipe ;). Basically it's cake mushed together with either frosting or filling, rolled into balls, and then dipped in chocolate. So there sort of like truffles.

I made yellow cake, with raspberry and dipped in white chocolate and also red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting dipped in milk chocolate.

((((((Beth))))))) it's so nice to know I'm not alone on the dentist issues. I hate going, I can't afford to go & my teeth have been bad since day one. I actually had a dentist slap me when I was a child.....so that's why I'm not a huge fan!!!
I had a tooth pulled a few years back & then a tooth started falling apart & basically mostly fell out before my trip in March. I had them pull it & they gave me this thingy like a retainer but with 2 teeth on it...so no more holes!! Problem is....this is just a temporary fix & I can't afford the permanent solution.
The dentist's eyeballs turned into slot machines with dollar signs $$$$$$$$ when she looked at my teeth. That one needs a root canal & crown, that one's broke & needs a crown....etc etc etc........ I told her to pull them all & she refused...... so I'm not really sure what my next step is.

But at least for now I can smile & not be embarrassed by the rotten tooth & gaping hole...... hopefully the "temporary" retainer will last for a very long time.

We need to form a club! :rotfl:

By the way, I keep meaning to tell you, that if I were you, I'd be happier going to Catalina verses Ensenada. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better. Maybe?

I kinda like Ensenada better than Catalina. :rolleyes1

I helped in my youth leaders' Toni & Ryan's wedding and it was so stressful! I created the slideshow of each of their baby pictures and I helped decorate the church. The rest of the high schoolers were the food servers :laughing: So I had it relatively easy.

We've already come to the conclusion that I'm my older sister's MOH which I'm pretty excited/stressed about even though they aren't planning on getting married for another two years (they want to be out of school and be settled in their careers which I find to be rather smart). My cousin and his GF have been dating one year this month while my sister and her BF completed their 2 year anniversary in February. I just think my Sergio & Daniela are in too much of a hurry. What's the rush, I ask?!

That's what I'm saying. DB F and I have been dating for almost 10 years and I'm in no rush to get married.

Ohmygosh Katie!!! Those sound really good... will you pm me pleassssssssse with the instructions to make the red velvet ones.. i'm looking for something i can carry with me on the plan to vegas to keep in our room.. and these would be alot easier than cupcakes!:worship: Please Miss Katie!:worship:

Big Hugs for CristabeL! Just cuz i haven't seen you in awhiLe.

Dang girl, that's a lot of school in one semester! I'm going to have to pull one or two really full semesters so I can finish my BA in two years. Great job with those grades, though! I'm going to try to get at LEAST a 3.0GPA (right now my GPA is only 2.96 because of some bad semesters when I was in high school & was dealing with personal issues) because I really to graduate Cum Laude or Magna Cum Laude. I doubt I could get a Summa Cum Laude (4.0 GPA!) But I would love to graduate with honors :thumbsup2

I missed graduating with honors from law school by one-tenth of one percent!!!!:mad: And it was all due to a stupid boy (well, not all, but I like to blame him). He and I had not talked for three months and the day of my last final in law school he says to me right before the exam "wanna go get a drink after?" So, of course, that totally blew my concentration. I finished the exam first, walked outside to wait, and as people came out they were all going--"did you see all those double negatives?" and my response was "WHAT double negatives?" LOL--needless to say it was my lowest grade in law school and kept me from graduating "with honors." STUPID BOYS!!!!!

My cousin is getting married next year so I should definitely look into this! I won't be a part of the wedding... I'm not sure if I should be disappointed or relieved :rotfl:

Relieved.

I had the same kind of tray and would also pick up a syringe when I wanted to whiten my teeth but now that I had to fall on my face and nearly knock out my two front teeth I can't use th trays any more because it puts too much pressure on those teeth. I am not happy at all with my teeth right nowand I've always had problems with my teeth and jaw! And the strange thing is that for years, going back to grade school I have a reaccuring dream/nightmare that I lose my teeth and have to go to school/work/in public with all of these missing teeth. It's like a nightmare has come true....ugh!!!:headache:

I guess I really should go to the dentist--my one tooth still feels funny . . . .

*DL and the Divas will have a bigger part in that new life.... just a hunch ;)* The Divas can't replace my family, but given the fact that my family will be so far away from me, many of you have made it known that you are not very far away if I need you :hug:

:thumbsup2 Always there in an emergency or trip to DL!

Right now they are frozen & hard :laughing:. You have to freeze them before you dip them in chocolate.

It's a secret recipe ;). Basically it's cake mushed together with either frosting or filling, rolled into balls, and then dipped in chocolate. So there sort of like truffles.

I made yellow cake, with raspberry and dipped in white chocolate and also red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting dipped in milk chocolate.

I also would like the recipe please...if you don't mind making it a little less secret! Sounds great!!!!!

Sarah

Afternoon.

Bridgette, congrats on the awesome grades! All I can say is I am so glad I am done with school. I don't envy you guys that are still in school. Of course back when I WAS in school I didn't have kids and stuff so it was not as hard as it would be now to do it but still I remember how tough it was so I admire you guys a lot!

Man I am typin this and right above me is a WW ad with chocolate chip cookies. ACK!

Anyway we have no swim tonight as I said so I am looking forward to just kicking back!

Katie those cake balls sound so YUM! You will definitely have to share that recipe with us all! That just sounds WAY too good! DROOL!

Anyway it is almost time to make dinner here and I am anxious to see Idol tonight. One of my other shows Fringe is showing the finale tonight and CSI is the finale this week as well. So like we said before I think within the next few weeks EVERYTHING will be over. Sheesh then what will we do. I guess I will be on here a lot more! ;)

Anywho better go check on my roast. See ya!

I have to have that recipe. Please :worship: Those sound yummy. Hook it up.

I kinda like Ensenada better than Catalina. :rolleyes1

That's what I'm saying. DB F and I have been dating for almost 10 years and I'm in no rush to get married.

I hear you. I have no need to rush and get married. Even when my nana tells me my eggs are gonna dry up. I just smile, no sense in telling her I don't want any more kids anyways. DBF and I have known each other for 20 years, been together 2, and I still don't think I am close to wanting marriage. Even though he has hinted and suggested it. Plenty of time for that down the road.

And Ensenada? ACK! The city isn't that great. Only get off the boat there if I plan to do an excursion. Other than that, I will happiliy stay on the ship.

Mmmmm. Please add me to the list of those wanting the recipe! :)

Ohmygosh Katie!!! Those sound really good... will you pm me pleassssssssse with the instructions to make the red velvet ones.. i'm looking for something i can carry with me on the plan to vegas to keep in our room.. and these would be alot easier than cupcakes!:worship: Please Miss Katie!:worship:
Dawn, make sure you bring something to keep them cool. In the heat, they will melt in no time! I had a bag of chocolate chips and in the 15 minutes it took me to get home from the grocery store, they melted into one big chip. LOL And that was with the air on. But it just was so hot when we first got in the car. And it's getting hotter. 106 by next Monday.

Anyway it is almost time to make dinner here and I am anxious to see Idol tonight.
Me too!! :yay:

((((((Beth))))))) it's so nice to know I'm not alone on the dentist issues. I hate going, I can't afford to go & my teeth have been bad since day one. I actually had a dentist slap me when I was a child.....so that's why I'm not a huge fan!!!
I had a tooth pulled a few years back & then a tooth started falling apart & basically mostly fell out before my trip in March. I had them pull it & they gave me this thingy like a retainer but with 2 teeth on it...so no more holes!! Problem is....this is just a temporary fix & I can't afford the permanent solution.
The dentist's eyeballs turned into slot machines with dollar signs $$$$$$$$ when she looked at my teeth. That one needs a root canal & crown, that one's broke & needs a crown....etc etc etc........ I told her to pull them all & she refused...... so I'm not really sure what my next step is.

But at least for now I can smile & not be embarrassed by the rotten tooth & gaping hole...... hopefully the "temporary" retainer will last for a very long time.
Wow, you sound like me. That's how it was the last time I went! These three need fillings, these four need pulling, you need a partial, might need a gum graft, and on and on. I've had over $1,000 worth of work so far and just couldn't take the stress anymore. I'd be sick with worry for weeks leading up to it and I just needed a break.

Plus I also don't have the money and Noelle needs braces. I've got to focus on her now.

They wanted me to get implants to the tune of $2600 EACH, not covered by insurance. Ummmm, sure. That will never happen, so that's why I settled for the lower partial. Sounds like what they gave you. It's like a retainer with teeth to fill in the missing holes. But since deciding on that, I've yet to go back to get it done because I need two teeth pulled first and I can't face that right now.

I have one tooth that is falling apart piece by piece and I live in fear of when it will get so bad that I can no longer avoid it. The thing is I've always taken good care of my teeth. I brush twice a day and floss when I remember. Same as most people I know. I didn't really have bad teeth until my pregnancy with the twins. :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry for going on and on, but it's so nice to not be alone in this. No one likes the dentist, but very few people have true terror of them. And if you don't, you really can't understand what it feels like. :hug:

I'm sorry for all of those with dental issues. I need to go before I move. I've always had janky teeth. It all began when I had dental surgery when I was 7 because a set of my "grown up" teeth didn't show up on some x-rays behind my baby teeth. Well I still have MAJOR problems that I neglect simply because the problems don't cause any cosmetic, health or pain issues and they cost a fortune.... and my dentist is well.... has an ego issue I'll just leave it at that. :rolleyes1 I need bleach trays BUT they make my teeth SUPER sensitive plus the two teeth that are next door neighbors of my two front teeth are resin veneers so they'll stay the same so there's potential for weirdness so I can't afford to take the chance. Literally I can't afford to change the shade of my neighbors if my smile looks wonky so I deal. I just explained that really weird sorry.

I have cavities all of the time on my molars because I have weak enamel and because of a head injury I got when I was a teenager, for some reason local anesthetic doesn't work for more than 15 minutes or so... so I have to get silly gas to get a stupid cavity filled and they have to crank it up for about an hour to even get that to make the filling tolerable for me because I FREAK OUT! :scared1: THEN after the dentist having to give me nerve block injections every 15 minutes for 2 hours my TMJ spasms for 3 months afterward. Needless to say it's a process. When I had my wisdom teeth pulled I got a Staph (staff?) infection in my TMJ canals on both sides so I guess I'm prone to problems in those areas... so they say. That was nightmarish. I don't have happy dental memories.

I need to call my dentist. :rotfl2:

:thumbsup2 Always there in an emergency or trip to DL!
:hug: Are we still on for July 16th for a tasty frosty beverage? It's my birthday!

Bridgette, congrats on the awesome grades! All I can say is I am so glad I am done with school. I don't envy you guys that are still in school. Of course back when I WAS in school I didn't have kids and stuff so it was not as hard as it would be now to do it but still I remember how tough it was so I admire you guys a lot!

Thanks! I look forward to my schoolless future in envy. :lmao:

No kidding!

I also would like the recipe please...if you don't mind making it a little less secret! Sounds great!!!!!

Sarah

This Sarah would like it too! :flower3:

I hear you. I have no need to rush and get married. Even when my nana tells me my eggs are gonna dry up. I just smile, no sense in telling her I don't want any more kids anyways. DBF and I have known each other for 20 years, been together 2, and I still don't think I am close to wanting marriage. Even though he has hinted and suggested it. Plenty of time for that down the road.

And Ensenada? ACK! The city isn't that great. Only get off the boat there if I plan to do an excursion. Other than that, I will happiliy stay on the ship.

Well we wanted to ride quads on the beach again and the drinks are way cheaper in Ensenada then in Catalina but I think we are going to sneak our own on board. :rolleyes1

That was nightmarish. I don't have happy dental memories.

I need to call my dentist. :rotfl2:
:hug: Too bad none of the Divas are dentists. I'd feel much better going to someone I know.

Well we wanted to ride quads on the beach again and the drinks are way cheaper in Ensenada then in Catalina but I think we are going to sneak our own on board. :rolleyes1
That sounds like it would have been fun. Hopefully Catalina will still be special.

Well, I found a Cake Ball recipe on allrecipes.com which is where I usually go for my recipes. Katie, not sure if it's the same or similar to your secret recipe. ;) But here it is: (the pic looks yummy!!!)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?RecipeID=67656&servings=36

Cake Balls
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes

Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Servings: 36
"This recipe is very versatile and heavily addictive. You can mix and match cake and icing flavors as well as the chocolate coatings. If you want to go the extra mile, cake balls can be rolled in nuts, sprinkles, coconut, etc. or double dipped in white and dark chocolates. Chocolate confectioners' coating is also called Almond Bark in some stores."
Ingredients:
1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate
frosting

1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored
confectioners coating
Directions:
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.

I'm over the drama between judges on AI, just give the contestants feedback already. I can understand the drama about the whole arrangement with Kris' song choice but when Kara got up and put her hands over Simon's mouth I think my heart skipped a beat.

I usually have been bothered by Kris, and when I heard that they had chosen "Apologize" for him to sing I thought OH NO! because I adore that song. You know what? I loved it! I thought he did a really nice job, enough so that I think I have changed my mind about him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter