• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girl's Disney princesses walkie-talkie spouts bad language

Rumors Rocks

Mouseketeer
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...s-bad-language-racial-slurs-article-1.1492512

disney23n-1-web.jpg

A young girl was subjected to filthy language and racial slurs — because her Disney princess walkie-talkie is stuck on a truckers' frequency.
The 9-year-old, from Kent in Washington, was shocked to hear trash talk coming from her bright pink toy immediately after switching it on.

And her stepmom Jennifer Childress revealed that, as the gadget only has one setting, it's impossible to shut the salacious chat off.
"We picked up some things that she shouldn't be hearing, or any child should be hearing," Childress told Seattle's KCPQ.

disney23n-3-web.jpg

The candy-colored kid's communication device uses a frequency of 27.145 megahertz.

Along with being used by remote controlled toy cars and wireless computer keyboards and mice, it's also used by CB radios usually in the hands of long-distance truck drivers.

Childress now plans to contact the Federal Communications Commission to complain.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-racial-slurs-article-1.1492512#ixzz2ihwt2VxZ

You buy a toy that operates on frequency set asside for anyone to use and you complain about overhearing something unpleasent.

Would this have made the news if they were the plain black walkie talkies, that had only one frequency, I used with my friends when I was akid.

My kid has these. I never heard any truckers, but that's likely because they eat a pair of double A batteries in about a half hour and I'm slow to replace them.

This happened with my kids Sesame Street walkie talkies. I heard the f bomb like 4 times before I had a chance to shut them off. My kids are now only able to use them at the cabin since the highway with the truckers is far away so far so good.

What a bunch of morons.

I bet they contacted the Better Business Bureau when their coffee from McDonalds burned them because it was hot, as well.

Childress now plans to contact the Federal Communications Commission to complain
:rotfl2: :rotfl:

That complaint will last all of about a second and half before it is filed in the cylindrical filing cabinet...

New federal law!!! No foul language on Ch 15 of your CB radio, so you don't offend this lady... :faint: ::yes::

Attention Kent, Washington parents:

Your 9 year old snowflake already knows all those words from schoolmates, and is busy teaching the 8 year olds.

On the other hand, Disney has so much money and power maybe they CAN get truckers to stop swearing.
:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter