Girl Scouts Bridging into the Next Century Event

Hope I did this right

disneyswapphoto.jpg

I will have two second year Daisies with me. :)

We are staying at Saratoga Springs and here is our tentative schedule (if anyone is interested in a meetup let me know!)

Thursday AM: AK PM: MK
Friday: DHS
Saturday PM: Epcot
Sunday AM: Epcot PM: MK
Monday: PM: DHS

We check in tomorrow! We are staying at Pop Century. Me will be at HS Sun, AK Mon, Epcot Tues, MK Wed, BB Thur, TL Fri, and back to Epcot Sat. My daughter and I will be wearing our troop tshirts and she will have her vest.

Which day is everyone attending?

We are attending Sunday! I hope to meet some of you!

We'll be there Sunday too. I won't be in GS gear - I'll be in lime green capris and a Japanese-print top, with a vintage GS tie in my hair. My DD10 will be easy to spot in her rather unique GS gear, though.

So, is anyone wearing their GS uniforms? DD is wearing full uniform (white polo, khaki's, and vest). I have a "leader" vest that I will wear with white and Khaki. I think for photo's it would be nice to see everyone in uniform, although nothing irks me more than girls with badges/patches not sewn in the correct places on uniforms!:earsboy:

DD isn't planning on wearing her vest for long because it gets warm/itchy. She'll be in a GS outfit I made her for camp last summer:

2207780020051332420S500x500Q85.jpg

Hope I did this right

disneyswapphoto.jpg

Cute! I love the Mickey trefoil.

Love the SWAPS!

I'll definitely look for you Colleen! I'll share a picture of our T-Shirts once I have them.

So did anyone get their e-book? I didn't :(

We'll be there for the Sunday ceremony. :thumbsup2 We're staying at Sports, which will be a first for us. I'm so excited, but I'm at a loss for SWAPs. It's a surprise trip, but I did tell my dd that we were going to a Girl Scout Anniversary ceremony out of state. We won't be able to do Disney themed SWAPs, or she'll catch on. :( I guess we'll just do something dealing with Louisiana. Maybe I could somehow work in the Princess and the Frog without her catching on?

If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to them. :) I can't wait to see all of the cute ones dd gets at the event.

(lvalenti...cute swaps! Are you in SU122? If so, I think I know you from there...we discussed the ceremony at a leader meeting a few months ago.)

has anyone received this e-material that they speak of? Or is this something we will get this coming week. Thanks for any information.

No not yet...in fact I asked this morning. :) Two posts above yours!

I really wanted it so I could swing by the store on Monday and get the corresponding patches.

I just went to look at our letter and it says we should have had it about 2 weeks before the event! We are now one week from the event and no sign of it.... unless I missed it somehow in my email.

I was looking over the badge booklet and I'm not quite sure how it will help the girls earn badges. Do we do the suggested activities and then once we're home see if any of them will fulfill those badge requirements? Or is it that if we do the suggestions that Disney offers, then the badge is earned? Or is the booklet just supposed to be add-ons to the requirements already in place for the badges? I am not familiar at all with the new badges because DD's leader did not do much Try-It/badge work at all.

I was really hoping they would be fun badges. Hmmmm.... well my girls can earn the third journey they didn't do yet and the finish the one we are working on now.

Working on our SWAPS! We spent 10 hours yesterday and didn't finish them. I've worked on them in chunks today ~ I have about 30 left to make of the 200 (two girls) the other mom was here yesterday all day with me ~ but they couldn't be here today. So I am just working on them here and there ~ they are taking about 3 minutes each from initial assembly to bagging it.

Both girls did a LOT of assembly yesterday too. I was a bit surprised they were so into it!

Here are their shirts:

shirt.JPG

And here are the finished swaps:

swap2.JPG

(lvalenti...cute swaps! Are you in SU122? If so, I think I know you from there...we discussed the ceremony at a leader meeting a few months ago.)

Yep, SU122! DD is getting so excited and so are the step-kidos! I can't wait!! We all got "disney" theamed shirts to wear together one day. DD has Perry as do I. Youngest SD has a minion and oldest SD and DH have mickey. Of course DD and I have to rock the Perry gear! We <3 Phineas and Ferb! Even made Perry shoes for me!

Anyone else getting excited!?!

3 days!:cool1::drive:

Our swaps:

2764066550051332420S500x500Q85.jpg

And the dry-erase message board that will be on our door as ASSp. Leave us a note if you see it!

2778812600051332420S500x500Q85.jpg

We should be ON property tonight about midnight! Woot! We are stoked... I feel bad for the substitute teacher that has my kid today! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter