Girl Scouts Bridging into the Next Century Event

2 girls from our troop are going with their families, and I am trying to scrounge up the money to go as well. Never been to anything like it before but I bet Disney will do well with it.

2 girls from our troop are going with their families, and I am trying to scrounge up the money to go as well. Never been to anything like it before but I bet Disney will do well with it.

The tickets are a great discount so we scrounged too!

From what I've seen, the characters will be there!

my mom and i are headed down from pennsylvania (no kids!). she and my dad are DVC members, so it was a no brainer.

I am so excited to see what they have planned

I am a lifetime member and can't remember the last time I received anything from GSUSA. I didn't even realize it was 100 years - I remember when we celebrated our 75th... I wish the lifetime member got you a newsletter or something instead of the sporatic donation mail.

This would have been great fun to attend!:love:

Have fun everyone!

My DD10 & I are going, and one other family from our troop will be there as well. We were there for Disney's Homeschool Days event in January which was really cool, but the Scouting event will be another first for us.

I gave DD the choice - either we could work together to come up with the money for this (expensive) or for Rock the Mall in DC (cheaper) and she chose Disney. She's been a big help in making it happen too. :) Thank goodness for Facebook swap/resale groups - we're funding our trip mostly by decluttering!

We are trying to figure out some good Disney themed swaps!

A few years ago my DD's troop made shrinky-dink country flags that they attached to pins for swaps for a Thinking Day event. They were a huge hit as swaps and for the girls to make. You could probably do something similar with Mickey heads.

I so wish we could go. We did the Centennial Event in Savannah and it was great. We are leaving Disney on the Thursday before though. I would love to see the patch they offer though so p,ease post a pic later if you go.

If we didn't have a trip planned the week after - we would SO go! I can't wait to see all the fun had...what an awesome experiance!!

We are doing shrinky dink Maine License plates that say "GSME100" on them along with papers that include the girls names and email addresses and their troop number.

We heard we should make at least 100 of them per girl! Maybe they should each do something slightly different?

One of the things I am really looking forward to getting the attraction patch guide! :) Patches for attractions??? Yes please!!

Will share all I can!

We're going! We'll be attending the ceremony on 5/27. :thumbsup2 Surely there are more DISers out there who will be attending this event! Has anyone heard about how many have registered so far?

We plan on arriving on 5/23 and departing on 5/31.

Now...since this is a surprise trip, I'm trying to figure out cute SWAPs my dd can make in the car. Hmm...

Oh....and we're still waiting on our tickets/bracelets. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

We're going! We'll be attending the ceremony on 5/27. :thumbsup2 Surely there are more DISers out there who will be attending this event! Has anyone heard about how many have registered so far?

We plan on arriving on 5/23 and departing on 5/31.

Now...since this is a surprise trip, I'm trying to figure out cute SWAPs my dd can make in the car. Hmm...

Just got a reminder email from Disney. It said there are still spots open on both days.

We looked into this but it was way too expensive to do with our troop money. I was also worried a lot of girls might go away Memorial Day weekend and I would have felt bad if some were left out of the troop trip. I am keeping it in the back of my mind for my girls though if we don't make any other plans for Memorial Day.

We looked into this but it was way too expensive to do with our troop money. I was also worried a lot of girls might go away Memorial Day weekend and I would have felt bad if some were left out of the troop trip. I am keeping it in the back of my mind for my girls though if we don't make any other plans for Memorial Day.

To get the discounted ticket price, you have to buy them by May 1. Below is the email we just got.

The ticket prices are a great deal! Over 40% off!

Dear Girl Scout,

Greetings from Walt Disney World!

We are excited about the Disney Bridging into the Next Century Girl Scout Event coming up Memorial Day weekend!

This is a reminder to purchase event tickets by May 1, 2012. There is still space available in both the Saturday and Sunday dates. Please note that there is limited availability for Disney Resort Rooms at this time. Visit www.DisneyURL.com/GirlScouts100 to order event ticket packages and Disney Resort Rooms.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely,

Disney Youth Programs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter