Girl Scout troop goals

sarahbug79

Sarahbug79
If your child participates in Girl Scout what are their troop Cooke sales goals and prizes? Like if as a troop we sell 2,000 boxes then we will go to a movie, etc.

This year the girls are using their cookie money to go on a couple of day trip to Kansas City. We're in the St. Louis area, so about 3-4 hours away. We'll stay a few days and go to Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun. My DD personally would like to sell 1000 boxes this year. We started this weekend and made it to 352 just on Sat. and Sun. so it's looking good! Usually the other girls sell around 100 each.

Wow! We don't start for a few more weeks. Last year mine sold a little over 300. I'm not sure it will be that high this year. We have 3 different goals that as a troop they would earn. Last year we also had an individual goal and the girls that sold 175 got to go to someone's house for a spa day. We had about 1/2 the troop there and there were a few that barely made it but because there was that goal they worked extra hard to sell those last few boxes. I should mention they are 4th grade this year. We are trying to decide if we should do the individual goal thing again. Thoughts anyone?

:) When DD#2 was in Brownies, her first year, the troop set a goal of 500 boxes. Small town, 4 or 5 competing Brownie troops plus all the juniors/seniors/daisies. Seems like a good goal for them, right?

DD#2 almost doubled the goal by herself. We went to visit family during the take order part of sales, in another state, and she took her order form with her. Went to our family's work places, and took orders; orders from family; even did door to door in my dad's apartment building (they did not allow solicitation but gave her special permission). Everyone chipped in an extra buck for shipping, without asking, and when the cookies came in, I shipped them to my siblings to deliver. She sold 967 boxes that year.

My sisters and nieces owed me, though---many years prior, I had 5 nieces selling, and managed to get 150 boxes EACH for them from where I was working at the time. The place I worked for had about 500 employees and I caught the owner on a good day--he bought a box for everyone!:banana:

My troop has several goals this year. I have 17 Daisies and Brownies.

Goal #1 is 150 boxes of cookies donated to our Gifts of Caring (Troops overseas). Goal #2 is $150.00 (300 boxes) to help the no kill animal shelter in our area. Goal #3 34 boxes per girl to spend the day at the local water park.

I have a Daisy and a Junior. Neither of their troops sets a troop goal. They're asked to sit down with a parent and set an individual goal, if they would like, but basically they're asked to do their best. In DD #1's case, they elect the option where the troop earns money for each box sold. That gets rolled into the troop funds to cover things like the end of the year party, various supplies, and/or defray or cover costs for certain activities (but they'd do those activities anyway...it's not a "sell enough cookies and we can add this to our schedule" sort of deal"). DD #2's Daisy troop elected to earn individual prizes, so the troop isn't really going to see any benefit.

We have limited cookie selling resources. Our neighborhood is small and has 7 selling Girl Scouts, so we do a lottery in which each scout gets three houses to sell to. That evens the playing field for all of the kids and keeps our neighbors from being overwhelmed. In my family, we switch off years with my niece who is also a scout; this year we did get the family sales, but next year we won't (other than my parents, who buy from all selling granddaughters). And DH is not allowed to solicit at work. So our personal goal is always just the 12 boxes needed to earn the participation patch. Both of my girls more than doubled that goal, so they're happy.

I have Cadettes and they did set a goal. The last 2 years they saved to go to WDW and the 7 of them sold 4000 boxes. This year everyone is a bit sick of cookie selling so they didn't set a goal. They decided that after they sell them they will see how much money they have and then decide what they want to do with it.

My YDDs troop's goal is to get enough to stay at the Nick Hotel. Not sure what the troops total count is but she is getting one case of each kind.

My O2DDs troop is going to be taking suggestions but the leaders want to get enough to go to Savannah GA. I am not sure how many boxes their leaders got for them.

We pick up our cookies tomorrow. :)

My dd's Junior troop has a goal of 100 boxes per girl (15 girls in troop) and this will help pay for their trip to Savannah.

My cadette troop of 6 girls has a troop goal of 800 - 1000 boxes. We will spend a weekend at a horse camp. If we don't sell enough each girl will have to pay a portion of the camp. Last year each girl paid $40. We also use the money for supplies, badges and for service projects.

angelmom27 said:
My YDDs troop's goal is to get enough to stay at the Nick Hotel. Not sure what the troops total count is but she is getting one case of each kind.

My O2DDs troop is going to be taking suggestions but the leaders want to get enough to go to Savannah GA. I am not sure how many boxes their leaders got for them.

We pick up our cookies tomorrow. :)

Just wanted to add my ODDs brownie troop got 2500 boxes.

Our troop doesn't set a group goal. They do ask each girl to sell 12 boxes of cookies (so I guess that's the goal - just about 150 boxes) to cover costs.

ODD has set her own goal her two years and really worked hard to achieve it. Last year she wanted to sell 250 boxes (in kindergarten) and she sold 262. She wants to sell 300 this year and with one week of pre-sales she did 176. We have booth sales and direct sales coming and I'm sure she can make her goal. We help by taking it to work, but she goes door to door (with DH or I) to sell too.

Last year I believe the troop sold just over 300 boxes, and that includes ODD's 262.

This is our first year as a troop and most of our girls first year. We decided that we wouldn't do any big trips until out troop was a little more financially secure. So, instead we are going to pay for all of our girls to go to our council Scout Day at the Zoo and for everyone to do to our statewide bridging event.

My daughter is in a Junior troop (I'm the co-leader) and the troop's goal is an average of 75 boxes/girl. Then each girl set their own personal goal of what they realistically think they can sell---they range from 25 boxes to 350 boxes. They are raising money to work on their Bronze Award, so most of their money this year will go towards the service project portion of that. Each year they focus much more on using the money to help with community service projects rather than spend it on themselves. A small portion goes to pay their annual registration fees and troop necessities (patches, supplies, etc) and a small portion for a fun reward for them---one year we went camping at the local Girl Scout camp, one year they chose to go swimming for an afternoon---the rest all goes to their community service projects. This has been their choice each year. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter