Girl Scout badge presentation ideas

PrincessEmilysMommy

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for fun creative ways to present my girl scout troop with their badges. Anyone have any they'd like to share?
Thanks

I'm looking for fun creative ways to present my girl scout troop with their badges. Anyone have any they'd like to share?
Thanks

We have our girls present their badges to one another. At our ceremony, each girl gets an opportunity to describe the activities we did to earn the badge. Then she presents the badge to her troop-mates.

About 10 years ago I made small tents out of popsicle sticks and the fabric that their uniform was made out of. Back then it was the really cute flower blue pattern for brownies and you could pick it up from joanne's fabric. I used about 1 yard of fabric for I think we had about 24 girls, cut the fabric into squares, wrapped around the sticks shaped like a tent. It had an opening in the front and I put the patches inside for presentation at the end of the year ceremony and camping trip.

Everyone was floored by them, wish I would have made them out of something a little more stable than sticks and a hot glue gun though. They held up nicely but over the years has gotten a little flimsy.

I'll search my daughters room for it and try to get a picture posted for you.

Thanks

Once when my scouts had A LOT of badges that needed to be presented, I left the badges in the packaging and strung them on mardi grass beads. One necklace per girl. That way as they came up, I could quickly read off their accomplishments and put their necklace on them. They really loved that because they were "wearing" their badges for everyone to see.

This was a thread resurrection. That badge ceremony is long gone.

No kidding. :rotfl:

But since no one else responded before, and it is not a bad idea to ignore the spam, I thought I would share my thoughts for the next person who searched.

I was thrilled to see the Dis had a thread on this, but disappointed not to find more info.

We have Awards Ceremonies now and I am always looking for a unique way to present those badges.

I was thrilled to see the Dis had a thread on this, but disappointed not to find more info.

We have Awards Ceremonies now and I am always looking for a unique way to present those badges.

It's a zombie thread, but whatever....;)

How about getting some inexpensive picture frames, one per girl (goodwill always has lots!), take the glass out, put a piece of scrapbook paper in them then use double stick tape to attach the badges to the paper in the frame. It would be easy to hold up and show each girls collection of badges that way, and it would look nice.

I just looked on Pinterest, and there is a pin where the leader took a terra cotta flowerpot (you could use plastic) and there are popsicle sticks with each badge on the top of a stick like it was a flower, and in the back there's a photo of the girl. I guess you'd need a piece of styrofoam or something int he bottom of the pot to stick the popsicle sticks into.

I purchase a spool of broad ribbon.

Fold one end over the bar of a safety pin and hot glue it down.

I then use a small dab of hot glue on the back of each badge, and place them on the ribbon.

Cut the ribbon off the spool.

Then when it's time for the girls to recieve her badges, we pin the length of ribbon on her shoulder, so she is "wearing" her new badges right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter