• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girl Scout Badge activities at WDW

Just curious! My DD just bridged to Juniors and I probably will be a leader. We are a small group with only five girls and we have never done any individual badges. We work on all badges together. We're going to Disney this Fall but we won't be working on any badges because the other girls haven't been to Disney. At the end of the year everyone gets the same badges. Do most of your troops work on individual badges?

My daughter will be entering 3rd grade and will be returning to her Brownie trip. Can anyone tell me about things to do so that she may earn a Try It or two while we are at WDW (6/4-11) and VB (6/11-15).

Is there a Disney Try It? I'm thinking of perhaps one that is similar to the Build A Bear patch?

Thanks

Your timing was awesome again. :goodvibes We've just booked for September and I was going to look for this thread again.

I think that it is so awesome that you've compiled this for us. Thanks again!

Thanks for the bump and idea, I just asked my dd, brownie 3 this year, if she wanted to earn a badge. Overwhelming yes, I need to talk to her leader.

HI Fellow Junior GS leaders! What a great list. I did'nt think of my DD earning more badges at WDW. Thanks for putting together such a great list. If anyone has any further ideas, Please post them. We will definitely work on a few of these ideas and have fun doing them!

Susieeq
Leader and chief bottle washer
Junior troop 092 :grouphug:
Ottawa Elementary
Clinton township, Mi.

This thread has not been bumped in 2 years BUT............it is still a great resource for scout badges! :thumbsup2

Thanks mom323 for the link!

:goodvibes I'm happy to hear that the list is still usefull!

:scared1: Yikes! I started this thread 6 years ago!! Time does fly... My little DD GS starts college in the fall!

oh my thanks for this thread. My DD will have bridged to juniors the summer before we go next year. Subscribing so I will have this next Nov.

I'm a Daisy Girl Scout leader and am just thrilled to read this thread. I never thought about Disney and Scouting together....hmmm, gives me ideas...:thumbsup2

Well, my DD Girl Scout is now 21 and has one more semester of college! :thumbsup2

I still have the list if anybody needs it!

Now all of the badges have changed! No more Brownie try its. Too bad, lots of these sounded fun to do at WDW.

mollybug2 said:
Now all of the badges have changed! No more Brownie try its. Too bad, lots of these sounded fun to do at WDW.

You can still find some of the try-its online. Many councils have them on clearance as well. I just picked up 8 different ones for $0.25 each. Many councils also have "Pixie List" GS classifieds where folks are offering to sell the old badges.

This is cool. Are there any that my daisy daughter could try and earn?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter