• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ginger & Tim 10-30-12 CC/SCP; Update--1/2:TR Day 1: Checking into the CS

i love love love your planning journal!! i just spent the last hour reading it and I am so glad that you posted the question and answers you received about the cruise wedding, as we just started planning our Disney Dream wedding and have had similar questions.
I love the invites and newsletter that you posted. I cant wait to read more!!

Hello :)
Love your PJ! I'm so glad you got to spend some time in Australia it really is a beautiful country!

I adore your wedding dress, just gorgeous!!
The desserts for your dessert party sound so yummy! We are doing one as well so I have listed some of those desserts to add to our list hehe.
Your save the dates are very cool !! I hope your guests loved them!

Im looking forward to follow along with the rest of your plans!

Oh my goodness! I am loving your thread so far! From the dresses to the adorable digital invitations! Love, love, Love! Can't wait to hear about more! :thumbsup2

Hi again :goodvibes
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that is following my PJ and/or commenting. It is lovely to hear from you all, and truly makes my day. In the midst of updating my PJ, I noticed that I had missed replying to a couple posts. My sincerest apologies for that...

Great news about the dessert party! :banana: I'm so glad we added it to ours. We will be at Sago cay as well! If you nt to add a personal touch, I highly reccomend ordering some custom napkins. Check out my pj for ours (prepare for the ridiculous):laughing:

Oh and I recommend the ap or website called shopstyle to help find a dress. It's a very customized search over tons of clothing websites so you can narrow down by color, style, size, price etc. Happy planning!:goodvibes

Thanks, Sarah!! I'm definitely excited about the DP! I saw the photo links of your wedding on your PJ, and they were just stunning!!! You looked absolutely gorgeous :) Would love to see photos from your DP at SCP; I bet it was beautiful as well!

I appreciate the advise about the napkins. The Knot had a sale this past week, and I very nearly bought some, but I figured I should wait until after I get paid this month ;) It's so neat how you can personalize them!

Hope the newlywed lifestyle is treating you well!!

Just wanted to pop in and say I LOVE your newsletter! I wish I had done something like that, though I'm sure it would not have been nearly as gorgeous!

Your dress is also amazing! :)

Best of luck with the rest of your planning! :)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the compliments. I can't take too much credit for the newsletter as I really just amended a Microsoft Word template and added the text, but that's very kind of you to say :goodvibes

You're getting very close to your wedding date! You must be so excited!! Best wishes for your special day!!

Wow all your plans are coming along great!!
I love your dress, so pretty!! :goodvibes

Your newsletter is awesome and I love that you are doing a welcome DP in WDW then bringing everyone to port for the cruise. That would totally be something I'd want to do had I had a cruise wedding. Love it! I'm sure all your guests are going to love it. And your menu looks amazing!

Thanks so much, Tricia!! I'm very excited about my dress. It's different than what I had initially thought I would wear, but I think it'll be perfect :) I've been oodling your wedding and PJ over the last couple of weeks, and it was so gorgeous! I love you dress and colors, and may steal your parasol idea for the bridesmaids ;)

Thanks so much for the compliments regarding the DP also. It's sort of a "land and sea" wedding, I suppose :) I love WDW just as much as DCL, so I always relish any opportunity to get to spend time in both places. Hopefully my guests will like both venues just as much!

Thanks for posting this - I had similar questions regarding the flowers and the cake!

Glad to help! From what I've read from previous brides, the DCL wedding coordinator is always ridiculously over-worked, so I figure the more information we can share amongst each other, the better :goodvibes Especially since we DCL brides do not technically have a coordinator at the moment! Regarding the cake, I think I'm going to go with one of the regular options now as I am planning to have a custom cake topper made.

i love love love your planning journal!! i just spent the last hour reading it and I am so glad that you posted the question and answers you received about the cruise wedding, as we just started planning our Disney Dream wedding and have had similar questions.
I love the invites and newsletter that you posted. I cant wait to read more!!

Thanks so much!! I'm glad you're finding it helpful, and I am flattered to have you following it! Congratulations on your engagement and decision to have a DCL wedding! :woohoo: It's always exciting to come across another DCL bride :goodvibes Have you decided whether to do an onboard or a CC wedding? 4th of July of next year will be an awesome time to have a wedding. Thinking of using red, white or blue in your color palette at all? ;)

Hello :)
Love your PJ! I'm so glad you got to spend some time in Australia it really is a beautiful country!

I adore your wedding dress, just gorgeous!!
The desserts for your dessert party sound so yummy! We are doing one as well so I have listed some of those desserts to add to our list hehe.
Your save the dates are very cool !! I hope your guests loved them!

Im looking forward to follow along with the rest of your plans!

Thanks Jess! :goodvibes You're very kind. I'm very excited about the DP menu. I probably should have put more thought into what desserts our guests would prefer, but I couldn't resist the allure of having all Tim and I's favorite desserts together in one place, hehe. Hopefully the guests will enjoy them also!

It's fantastic to hear from an Aussie bride! I absolutely loved my time in Australia (spent about 6 years there in total), and think of it as my second home. It's an amazing country, and I'm sure Timmy & I will live there again someday. I haven't spent much time on the Northeastern coast, unfortunately. I had a couple days in Brisbane once, and have flown through there plenty... Exploring that area more fully is definitely on my to-do list at some point :)

I located your PJ, and have enjoyed reading about all your plans! Crescent Terrace and Il Mulino will be absolutely amazing! Looking forward to following along!

Oh my goodness! I am loving your thread so far! From the dresses to the adorable digital invitations! Love, love, Love! Can't wait to hear about more! :thumbsup2

Thank you very much, Jess!! :goodvibes I really appreciate all the lovely compliments. I still have lots to work out with regards to planning, but I just take it in small steps. I just found your PJ!! Looking forward to following along with your plans!

I'm spending the summer at a Whitetail Deer breeding facility in Northern Alabama to gain experience in Cervid medicine. It's currently fawning season, and the babies are too cute for words. Here are some photos for the animal lovers out there... :goodvibes

photo-1.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-1-1.jpg

306918_571894631944_1518812035_n.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Aw I :love: the deer baby pics!! Soo cute! I especially like the last one. Hahaha rough way to have to spend your days! ;)

Love the PJ!

The invitations are so cute and fun!

Can't wait to hear more and see more pics. :woohoo:

Hi Ginger! I am so happy to have found your PJ and to join this party! A Disney Dream wedding is amazing! Your planning looks great so far; like your invitations, very cute and fun, and match your cruise wedding theme! I also love the "South and Other South" idea...too fun.

Can't wait to see more.

p.s. Loooooooooove the baby deer pictures. :love:

Thanks so much!! I'm glad you're finding it helpful, and I am flattered to have you following it! Congratulations on your engagement and decision to have a DCL wedding! :woohoo: It's always exciting to come across another DCL bride :goodvibes Have you decided whether to do an onboard or a CC wedding? 4th of July of next year will be an awesome time to have a wedding. Thinking of using red, white or blue in your color palette at all? ;)

I was leaning towards an onboard wedding, as I didnt want to have the wedding on the last day of the cruise, but at the same time i think we may have too many people (if most people decide to join) for an onboard ceremony and also I feel like CC may be so much more beautiful than onboard. I am torn at the moment. We havent officially booked just yet, but I am calling DFTW this coming week to confirm. I called last week and was to get a call back, but havent heard from anyone :(. I am keeping my fingers crossed. A reason why we chose the fourth of july also is because most everyone are off on the holiday and have more of an opportunity to join the cruise. Plus, Im still in school studying for my master's and thats a one week period during which I do not have class.

Cant wait to read more about how the planning is going. Again, thanks for sharing your PJ.

Aw I :love: the deer baby pics!! Soo cute! I especially like the last one. Hahaha rough way to have to spend your days! ;)

Thanks, Tricia! Glad you enjoyed them! :goodvibes I think they're just too cute for words. Unfortunately, most of them don't find me nearly as cute unless there's a bottle of milk in my hand, haha. A few of them though have super friendly personalities and will try to groom my arms after feeding :love:

Love the PJ!

The invitations are so cute and fun!

Can't wait to hear more and see more pics. :woohoo:

Hi Kelly! Thank you very much for the compliments! :goodvibes I'm super excited with how the invitations turned out! It took me absolutely forever to decide what to do for them... have roughly 30 different invitations that I had marked on etsy and other websites, and felt so undecided about what would fit our wedding best. It was actually DF who gave me the idea of checking into a custom design, and then I found Victoria on Etsy. She's brilliant, and really the one who deserves all the credit for the invites. I'm having them printed via Vistaprint, so hopefully they should arrive in the next week or so. Can't wait to see them on paper!

Just started reading your PJ, and your engagement story and photos are SO cute!!

I am loving your PJ. The baby deer pics are soo cute. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks so much!! That's very kind of you to say. Unfortunately, I don't get to update it as much as I would like, but hopefully people find it fun and decently interesting to read ;) I appreciate you following along!!

Hi Ginger! I am so happy to have found your PJ and to join this party! A Disney Dream wedding is amazing! Your planning looks great so far; like your invitations, very cute and fun, and match your cruise wedding theme! I also love the "South and Other South" idea...too fun.

Can't wait to see more.

p.s. Loooooooooove the baby deer pictures. :love:

Hi Courtenay!! Thanks so much for your compliments. It's really wonderful to get positive feedback from other brides--makes my day :goodvibes The whole wedding planning thing has been crazy (in a great way), and it's exciting for everything to be starting to come together. I'm sure you feel the same way for your upcoming wedding! Yay October brides! :woohoo:

I was leaning towards an onboard wedding, as I didnt want to have the wedding on the last day of the cruise, but at the same time i think we may have too many people (if most people decide to join) for an onboard ceremony and also I feel like CC may be so much more beautiful than onboard. I am torn at the moment. We havent officially booked just yet, but I am calling DFTW this coming week to confirm. I called last week and was to get a call back, but havent heard from anyone :(. I am keeping my fingers crossed. A reason why we chose the fourth of july also is because most everyone are off on the holiday and have more of an opportunity to join the cruise. Plus, Im still in school studying for my master's and thats a one week period during which I do not have class.

Cant wait to read more about how the planning is going. Again, thanks for sharing your PJ.

The location is such a hard decision. DCL has beautiful spots available both onboard and on CC. I guess it's really just a personal preference. I wanted to get married on DCL (cause I love DCL), and didn't mind where; DF was really passionate about the beach, so we went with CC.

Sorry to hear that DFTW hasn't rang you back yet... I've found them to be really professional majority of the time, but occasionally I think they just get too busy and forget things. Fingers crossed that when you call all wedding locations are available, so you can pick the one you want :goodvibes

Congratulations on pursuing your Master's degree!! What are you studying? Thanks again for following along!! :)

When I first got engaged, I decided that I really wanted to do a Boudoir shoot as a groom's gift for Timmy. One of my friends had done one for her then fiance/now husband, and the photos turned out amazing. When I initially booked Jess as my photographer, I started discussing the possibility of a Boudoir shoot with her. As luck would have it, Jess was interested in expanding her portfolio of boudoir images and looking for models. So in April, I travelled down to Jacksonville, got all dolled up in my best lingerie, rolled around on a bed in a hotel room, and had an absolute blast. Jess was fantastic... I had only briefly met her before this, and she made me feel very comfortable and kept the atmosphere light. I haven't always had the best self-esteem, but I found the boudoir shoot to be a very empowering experience. There's always something that you wish you could change about yourself, but when you have to own it on camera, you quit worrying about those things. I was very pleased with how many of the photos turned out, and am looking forward to putting together a "little black book" for my groom :goodvibes

I'm mindful of the fact that DIS boards is a public place, so I'm only going to include a few modest images for those interested in doing a boudoir shoot also.

image4-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

image3-1.jpg

Photography by Jessica Cumbie Photography

Is anyone else planning on doing something like this for their DF?

Hey there! I followed you over from my PJ. :)

I have a bunny too! He's a smaller one, netherland dwarf, named Barley. Your bunny is so cute and I just want to fluff em!

I love your budoir shoot photos. They came out really nice and your eyes are so beautiful in them! I am not doing a budoir shoot, but I am doing a trash the dress after the wedding. I am really excited about that one!

I really like your creative invites and STD's.

I cannot wait to see what else you have planned so that I can get some good ideas!! :thumbsup2

Joining in! I have no useful information to offer about DCL weddings, but I am really enjoying reading your PJ! The plans and ideas you have so far sounds fantastic, and so very organized! I love your boudoir photos, they look really classy and elegant. Your dress is gorgeous! And I love the desserts you've chosen for your DP.

And lastly, those baby deer photos are so adorable! Looking forward to reading more!

Wow, I really love the boudior photos! I would so do photos like that. I'm not sure how I missed your post with your invitations but they came out really nice. I also really liked your news letter what a cool idea.

Hey there! I followed you over from my PJ. :)

I have a bunny too! He's a smaller one, netherland dwarf, named Barley. Your bunny is so cute and I just want to fluff em!

I love your budoir shoot photos. They came out really nice and your eyes are so beautiful in them! I am not doing a budoir shoot, but I am doing a trash the dress after the wedding. I am really excited about that one!

I really like your creative invites and STD's.

I cannot wait to see what else you have planned so that I can get some good ideas!! :thumbsup2

Aww, yay for bunny aficionados!! paw: Netherland dwarfs are adorable! Is yours super energetic? I've only had the pleasure of meeting one another, and he was super zippy! hehe

Thank you very much for your kind words about the Boudoir photos! I was nervous about shooting them, but it turned out to be a really fun experience. The makeup artist there did a fantastic job on my eye makeup, so I must give her all the credit for my eyes :goodvibes Actually, that was the first time I had ever worn false eyelashes. Interesting experience...they photograph well, but I kept having that "there's something stuck to my eyes and I really want to yank it off" feeling. I suppose years of wearing contacts have made me too paranoid about stuff being around my eyes to wear false eyelashes successfully.

A trash the dress session sounds fantastic!! Do you have a plan or theme for it??

Joining in! I have no useful information to offer about DCL weddings, but I am really enjoying reading your PJ! The plans and ideas you have so far sounds fantastic, and so very organized! I love your boudoir photos, they look really classy and elegant. Your dress is gorgeous! And I love the desserts you've chosen for your DP.

And lastly, those baby deer photos are so adorable! Looking forward to reading more!

Hi!!! :goodvibes I truly appreciate all your generous compliments! I'm glad that I'm managing to come across organized with all the planning, because it feels quite haphazard :laughing: I am one of those brides that started looking at ideas/thinking about my wedding when I first got engaged, but spent way too much time thinking instead of doing. But it's starting to come together now, and hopefully it'll turn out to be a nice wedding :)
Thanks so much for following along!

Wow, I really love the boudior photos! I would so do photos like that. I'm not sure how I missed your post with your invitations but they came out really nice. I also really liked your news letter what a cool idea.

Thanks so much!! :goodvibes I was very happy with the Boudoir photos! I'm definitely more girl next door than bomb shell, so it was fun to get to play one for a couple of hours! :p I highly recommend doing it if you've ever toyed with the idea. If you have a photographer that makes you feel comfortable, it's quite enjoyable and not that nerve-wracking. I've just got to figure out how to present the photos to DF now...

I may or may not be contacting your photographer right now.

She's absolutely brilliant! Great with a camera, cheerful and easy going. Are you considering doing a Boudoir shoot? It's great fun! :)

Gorgeous!

When I first got engaged, I decided that I really wanted to do a Boudoir shoot as a groom's gift for Timmy. One of my friends had done one for her then fiance/now husband, and the photos turned out amazing. When I initially booked Jess as my photographer, I started discussing the possibility of a Boudoir shoot with her. As luck would have it, Jess was interested in expanding her portfolio of boudoir images and looking for models. So in April, I travelled down to Jacksonville, got all dolled up in my best lingerie, rolled around on a bed in a hotel room, and had an absolute blast. Jess was fantastic... I had only briefly met her before this, and she made me feel very comfortable and kept the atmosphere light. I haven't always had the best self-esteem, but I found the boudoir shoot to be a very empowering experience. There's always something that you wish you could change about yourself, but when you have to own it on camera, you quit worrying about those things. I was very pleased with how many of the photos turned out, and am looking forward to putting together a "little black book" for my groom :goodvibes

I'm mindful of the fact that DIS boards is a public place, so I'm only going to include a few modest images for those interested in doing a boudoir shoot also.

image4-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

image3-1.jpg

Gorgeous!

Thanks so much, Lesley!! :goodvibes

On your PJ, you asked if I was going to be making my own accessory floral. That question actually segways nicely into my next planning update, wedding floral :flower2:

As my fellow DCL brides will already be aware, Disney provides a bridal bouquet and groom's boutonniere as part of the wedding package. Here are the choices they provide:
Slide1-2.jpg

Bridal Bouquet:

Vendor: Disney Floral

Out of the above choices, the one that really spoke to me was the "Oceanfront Elegance" option: an all-white free-form bouquet of hydrangea, roses and calla lilies.
oceanfrontelegance1.jpg

Besides working with my color scheme, I thought this particular bouquet had a soft and pretty look. I'm happy with it :goodvibes

Groom's Boutonniere:

Vendor: Disney Floral

In lieu of the white rose that Disney usually has accompany the Oceanfront Elegance bouquet, we're going to request a Calla Lily boutonniere in crystal white. DF really likes Calla Lilies (not a personal favorite of mine, I must admit), and thinks it's a more masculine looking flower than a rose :laughing:

Accessory Floral:

Vendor: DK Designs Hawaii (http://www.etsy.com/shop/dkdesignshawaii)

Initially, DF and I considered purchasing the extra floral required for our wedding party through Disney Floral. The options available, however, are limited (roses, calla liles, & orchids pretty much) and quite dear. $125 + tax for a rose bridesmaid bouquet?! :scared1:

Unfortunately, I am not blessed with the DIY talent to do something as complicated as floral pieces. I started looking at alternative floral options on pinterest and etsy, and came across the DK Designs Hawaii. Diane fashions beautiful flowers/floral arrangements out of CLAYCRAFT by DECO Soft Clay, which look amazingly real and apparently are quite light in weight. I like the idea that I would be able to select the types of flowers used in the arrangements, and that the wedding party would be able to keep the designs. After communicating with Diane (absolutely lovely person) about my floral preferences, I was able to get a quote to compare to Disney Floral--it turned out to be cheaper! :woohoo:

The floral won't be completed until the beginning of October, but here are the rough ideas for each arrangement:

-Hair Flower:
Diane does these amazing hair flowers, especially gardenias. Gardenias are one of my favorite flowers, so I couldn't resist ordering a flower for my hair. I'm not sure how I'm going to wear my hair yet, and I was planning on wearing a veil for the ceremony, so it'll probably be something I put on after I take off the veil.
il_570xN255931087-12.jpg

-Bridesmaid Corsages:
I saw a photo on a wedding blog of a bride wearing a corsage in lieu of carrying a bouquet, and I really liked that idea for bridesmaids. Here is the inspiration photo, but I'm planning on having different flowers.
image-11.jpg

Each corsage will consist of 2 gardenias, light blue and medium blue hydrangea, deep blue hyacinth, greenery & ribbon (color TBD--I'm hoping for a navy and white striped ribbon; really digging stripes at the moment :)) on a pearl wristlet. Here's a bouquet and corsage Diane did for another client, but it gives you an idea of the color scheme & utilizes some of the same flowers:
il_570xN2350910751.jpg

392409_10150685233007175_278052251_n1.jpg

-Groomsmen Boutonnieres:
light blue & medium blue hydrangea, greenery & ribbon matching BMs' corsages. The inspiration photo:
70228075409474461_RsoJU30Q_f.jpg

-Father of the Bride's Boutonniere:
ivory english rose with light blue & medium blue hydrangea, greenery & light blue ribbon. Similar type of boutonniere:
540484_10150685232417175_669277430_n1.jpg

-Mothers' Pin On Corsages:
ivory english rose with white & blue hydrangea, greenery, & light blue ribbon.
Couldn't find a photo to adequately characterize this... they will be similar to the FOB floral though.

-Sisters of the Groom Corsages:
single white/ivory anemone with navy center, greenery, & white or grey ribbon on a pearl wristlet.
images.jpg

To summarize (and give you more floral eye candy), here's an all-white arrangement that incorporates all the flowers we'll be using in our floral:
ClayFlowers1.jpg

Whew... Everyone flowered out now?! :) Sorry for the long post!
I'm super duper excited to see all the designs! Hopefully, it'll turn out lovely and not too blue! Haha. I am trying to achieve a modified ombre effect with the varying shades of blue, but I'm worried it might be overkill. Diane said we could adjust things a bit or change the color of the ribbon, if needed... Maybe grey would be a better choice... Hmm, I'll have to meditate on that one a bit ;)

Thanks for following along!! :goodvibes
Next update: BEO madness....be afraid, be very afraid...

image4-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

image3-1.jpg

YES!!!! I was totally planning on doing this for my DF! It was just a silly notion (thank you pinterest) but I got curious and looked up some boudoir photographers and found some in my budget! I headed to a Victorias Secret outlet store and got 4 pieces of lingerie for $15 each (they were originally each around $50-$80 each!) and hopefully it all works out! I love that you did this, some friends that I've discussed this with gave me strange looks! (My mom says... what if your kids find it? :lmao: )

Happy Planning to you! (Your deers are lovely! I'll post a picture of my bunny for you on my PJ sometime soon!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter