Ginga's Mickey Trip part 2

gingajane

Earning My Ears
List of players: Me(Gingajane, 36), DH(35), DD#1(10), DD#2(7), DD#3(2), Queen Bee( MY Mom), H.E.(my DAD), Cowgirl(my sis, 28). Cowboy(sis's DH, 28), Hank(nephew, 7), Jenna-Bean(niece, 1.33). My oldest sister, we will call her Belle, visited us during our stay with her DH and 3 DS's.

November 9th

Up and at 'em?? Well kinda....I need to preface the rest of this trip by saying that since I was a small child I was always punctual and my mom and sisters were inevitably late. I have spent a great deal of my life waiting for others. Usually it is no big deal. At Disney, it was harder to...how should I say...curb my enthusiasm?? OK, back to my second day.

DH, the kids and I sat outside the Kona Cafe, while my parents had breakfast. I watched as folks milled past filling up the monorail and zooming to MK. I sat and sat. Finally, Queenbee and H.E. were out of the restaurant...I was happy again. Then Mom said that Dad had to go back to the room for a few minutes...I was sad again. Some of you may be thinking "Geez, why didn't you just meet them in the parks?". My answer is that I just couldn't. It was their first trip and Disney is a very big place. Later, once they learned the transportation ropes, etc, I wouldn't feel so bad about doing that.

Finally, we were off to MK! We decided that Toontown was to be first. My little 2 yo really was a trooper on the Barnstormer and really enjoyed Minnie's house. We then had lunch at the Liberty Tree Tavern. I really enjoyed the atmosphere there. The food was fine, but no bells or whistles. We then hit the Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, It's a Small World....then we went back to the Poly for naps. I actually took the two older girls to the volcano pool which they enjoyed for a couple of hours.

The adults swung over to the Concourse Steakhouse for dinner. It was a fine meal. My sister Belle and her DH joined us there later. It was so nice just to sit there, chat and watch the monorail glide by. Disney, to me, was such a wonderful meeting place for families. Low stress and lots of fun!! Thanks for reading!! MJ

I can't STAND waiting. Especially at WDW! I'd be dragging 'em out the door!

I know what you mean about the waiting. It seems like I am always waiting for my boyfriend when we are at WDW. I get so impatient until I remind myself "Hey, I am in WDW. Be happy. :)" Thanks for posting about your meals too. We plan to try both Liberty Tree Tavern and Concourse Steakhouse on our upcoming trip. Looking forward to more....

Beth

Thanks for posting. We are doing a big family trip ( 10Adults 3kids)starting tomorrow. I am practicing being patient because I'm already in "touring" mode.

Uggghh!!!!! There is no worse place to have to wait then Disneyworld!!! But then again atleast it is Disneyworld and not the Post Office!!!:p And you did get to lounge at the Polynesian for awhile.... so right now that sounds pretty good to me! ;)

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us! Your dinner at Concourse Steakhouse must have been a nice downtime for the adults!

I'm Looking forward to your next post! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter