• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gifts of meat - Omaha steaks or other?

lecach

<font color=darkorchid>Will not get out of bed unl
My Dad and Stepmom are impossible to buy for. So I thought I would give them a gift of meat. Omaha has a great gift pack for $49. Steaks, seafood, etc. Has anyone had their meat? Is it good? Is some other company better? Thanks for your help!

I have used Omaha steaks. Have had excellent service and excellent products. Sorry - I have not used another company to compare. We now have an Omaha STORE across the street from my job. Yay! No shipping for stuff for me now - burgers on sale are about $19-$25 - outstanding!

We really like the steaks from Kansas City Steak Company. We order them from QVC. They make sirloins that are certified by the American Heart Association because they are low in fat, they're really tasty!

Omaha Steaks are good and people will enjoy getting them. HOWEVER they will then call you, and call you, and call you...... Only after I said I was going to call my congressman buddy --- of which I do not have one :) ---- was I removed from their calling list............

We've purchased Omaha Steaks on several occasions and have always been pleased. I've never gotten a phone call, just an occasional email telling me about specials. DH and I just placed and order last week for my parents and his parents. Found a great special for $46. We didn't go through their site though. He typed in "steaks" in the google search engine and we found a special being offered through MSN for 67% off. We jumped on it. This year I feel like we finally got them a gift they will like and enjoy.

They have great products - very tasty. But I do agree with Papa Deuce - if they get your phone #, they can be very pesty. I finally told them to quit calling me or I would never order from them again. That finally worked.

KrnB said:
They have great products - very tasty. But I do agree with Papa Deuce - if they get your phone #, they can be very pesty. I finally told them to quit calling me or I would never order from them again. That finally worked.
I must admit, when we fill out stupid stuff for stores that ask for our phone number, we tend to "accidently" transpose the numbers a little :rolleyes1
Maybe thats why we're not bothered by the calls :rotfl:

Do you live in the same town as they do? One of our locally owned grocery stores/meat markets offers different meat "bundles". Seems like a much better value for your money to me. They had an ad in the paper last Sunday that listed exactly what was in each bundle and the cost of each. I think the prices ranged from $30 to $120.
ETA: if they have a Honey Baked Ham Company store close by I LOVED getting gift certificates for there. We used to have a contractor that gave us one every Christmas. Sometimes we'd just go get it whenever, and one year we got it to have over Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter