• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gifts of a Lifetime Scavenger Hunts?

jcarlstrom

Mouseketeer
Considering doing a Gift of a Lifetime scavenger hunt for a birthday trip, party of 8.... Anyone done one of these? What was the good, the bad or the ugly?
Thanks, Jennifer

I had a question also! We are going in Oct. and I wondered if they do any Halloween themed events or scavenger hunts?? Anyone have any reviews of scavenger hunts???:bounce:

We did one of these for our parent's ( my in-laws) 30th anniversary. It was great fun. They had to collect 30 pearls from around EPCOT ( you can do whatever park you wish). Some of the things they had to do included drinking Beverly, eating sweet and sour dried cuttlefish in Japan, getting autographs from different countries, and...my fave...dancing for 2 minutes in front of American Adventure with no music. It was really well done, the people were fantastic and it created a special memory for us all. Jane is great to work with and really covers all the bases with her planning. She will do anything you ask ( as long as it is Disney legal). They were all great with my DD as well so families would love it. IMHO it was well worth the money.

Jane is awesome!

She arranged a scavenger hunt for my husband on our honeymoon last October. My husband still talks about it!!!
I can't say enough wonderful things about Gifts of a Lifetime.
You will enjoy every moment :jester: Jane is really patient, has great ideas and is definitely interested in using what interests you and your party.

I plan on using her great services again on our 1st anniversary trip. :smooth:

They are working on one for me right now from my trip with my daughter in August.

I will let you all know the details when I hear back from them - I think we are doing something animal themed at DAK :)

>>^>.^<<

I had Jane do a different kind of event for my friend back in Feb. - definately worth the money and time. My friend has never been so shocked or surprized in her life!

How much does it cost to do a scavenger hunt? I'd love to do this for DD's birthday. Thanks!

I was thinking about trying to use GOAL for my Honeymoon as well. Can you tell me what kind of clues and prizes you had set up for your hubby?

Originally posted by bpr2002
Jane is awesome!

She arranged a scavenger hunt for my husband on our honeymoon last October. My husband still talks about it!!!
I can't say enough wonderful things about Gifts of a Lifetime.
You will enjoy every moment :jester: Jane is really patient, has great ideas and is definitely interested in using what interests you and your party.

I plan on using her great services again on our 1st anniversary trip. :smooth:

I can't remember all the details off the top of my head but the hunt started when I managed to drag my husband to the wishing well at Cinderella's castle. My husband found a note that stated Eeyore had stolen our romance because my husband did not believe in Disney magic. :p
He then was directed to the first place where we had to look around in the bushes to find an Eeyore keychain (I think)
and another clue directing us to the big carrots where he found a pen and another clue. We then had to kiss at a fountain and then ride the Haunted Mansion. This was my husband's favorite part because just as the lights went out in the beginning scenario, someone threw a small plush eeyore connected to a makeshift necklace over his head. He was so shocked because there was no one around him when the lights went out! :eek:
We then had to go to the christmas store where a small eeyore stocking was waiting on a tree for us. Finally, we ended back at the wishing well where my husband got his final prize: a plush eeyore and some eeyore boxers ;) along with a small bag of pixie dust...the pixie dust was to sprinkle in front of our hotel room door later....Jane had arranged to decorate our hotel room at POFQ very romantically!! WOW!! Jane did a wonderful job and I can't thank her enough! :sunny:

Just wanted to say that we have done 2 scavenger hunt events with Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime and both of them were wonderful. She really does an awesome job and she makes your family feel special.

We did one last trip for DD's 8th birthday - she had such a blast! Her hunt was Belle themed and done really well. We also started at the wishing well and there was an "urgent birthday message" waiting for her there. She then followed the clues (all of which came with a rose - the first rose having falling petals to the last rose which was perfect) all over the park and ended up back at the wishing well. There was a Belle themed gift basket waiting for her there and she was so thrilled that we had to go visit Belle right afterwards to thank her - we gave Belle a heads up prior to the show via one of her helpers.

I highly recommend this and can't wait to arrange another one! (I am pretty hard to impress! so this is saying something)

Jane is really willing to go the extra mile; she did a scavenger hunt for us for my MIL, who is blind. All the "clues" relied on senses other than vision; she was very creative and clever.

Highly recommend Jane; she's great to work with!!

I haven't been able to use GOAL yet but I have been able to meet Jane and her younger daughter after they finished doing an event. I had taken my little DS to tea at the Garden View for our girls only part of her surprise birthday day and before we were seated I spotted Jane(didn't know who she was then) in the GF lobby. I guess I spend way too much time at WDW because I knew she was up to something- but what I wasn't sure till later. Anyways the woman she was surprising was also at tea, sitting right next to us and in came Jane and her daughter with this great gift bag. After they finished they also sat for tea and we all began chatting and then I realized who she was. :) I think I surprised her and we talked about her work and stuff. She's extremely talented and inventive and loves what she does! I can't wait till I have an occasion that calls for her expertise ;)

In just 8 days we will be doing the Gifts of a Lifetime scavenger hunt for my daughter that is turning "39". Jane has been the most wonderful person to work with. She has done shopping for me, came up with excellent ideas beyond just the scavenger hunt. We will be having a private breakfast outside at the GF where they will give my daughter the first tink note. From there I am going to be just as much surprised because I have left everything else up to her. She has even been mailing my daughter post cards from Florida from all the characters. It has been so much fun. I know I am going to have just as much fun and be just as excited as my daughter is going to be. :Pinkbounc

bpr2002 thanks for your response. I think I am going to go ahead and do it. My fiance is not the Disney nut I am, but I think he would really get into this. I just wanted to make sure that someone like him would like it before I take the plunge. Based on what everyone here is saying, it sure sounds like fun.

:D

Last May(2002) I asked Jane to put together a special birthday hunt for my 11 yr old DS. It was Indiana Jones themed. He was absolutely and totally THRILLED with the clues, the gifts along the way and the FAST PASSES included with certain clues. Jane, and her sweet family made a birthday surprise my child is still talking about. Its expensive but worth every single penny. She works so hard to make things right and to make sure every detail is pleasing. I cannot say enough about this gracious lady and her lovely family who help out.

MamaQuack:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I heard back from Jane from GOAL about a Scavenger Hunt for my daughter Noel.

She gave me a few choices including princessess theme and a Harry Potter theme I think we are going to go with the following.

Simba's Confused Summer

Simba is confused - he heard that Noel was coming to Disney - and he thought that meant Christmas was coming
(Noel = french for Christmas)

So Simba starts putting out decorations in the countries at the World Showcase and then he realizes that Christmas has not come - it was a little girl named Noel that came instead.

Simba sends a note to Noel at the Beach Club and asks her to help him find the decorations he has misplaced - she gets to keep the ones she finds and the first clue is in that note.

We have to find 11 decorations in 11 countries... sounds like fun!

>>^..^<<

HI! I am like all the previous posters! I have used Jane twice and was super impressed! We have done a scavenger hunt that ended in EPCOT with a gift ball (telling my dh we were going on a DCL cruise when we left WDW that very week!) and also we have done a "vow renewal" at the Poly beach. The vow renewal was quite funny! It was not your typical vow renewal ... She made up these cute things he had to say, like he promised to love me for me, not my travel agent discount that got him to wdw frequently, etc. Really awesome job! Hoping to use her again on our next trip in November :) You won't be sorry if you use her! She and all her pixies are really talented!!! :) :) :) :)

Just a stupid question....do you seen Jane or a Pixie at all stops (hiding in the bushes;) ) or how do they ensure the safety of the "treasures and clues"?

Thanks
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter