gifts for mousekeepers/club staff

jamala

Mouseketeer
I know many of you do NOT believe in tipping or gifting staff members but it is something my family enjoys doing for those who are helping take care of us when we are at disney. We always leave cash tips for mousekeeping but have heard club level staff cannot accept cash. So I have ordered some food items that represent our home state to give them. My kids have asked to get some small tokens of appreciation for our mousekeepers besides just cash in an envelope. Any ideas??? I thought maybe cookies shaped like Mississippi (where we are from). I am running dry on the creativity today and cannot come up with anything.

We always give something unique from our home town. Coming from Kansas City.....its usually BBQ sauce or something like that. :P

Great idea. I could do jars of muscadine jelly or mayhaw jelly for the mousekeepers.

What if the people have issues with food allergies? Are your gifts labeled with all the ingredients?

jamala said:
Great idea. I could do jars of muscadine jelly or mayhaw jelly for the mousekeepers.

I would not take that chance; if someone has a food allergy, it could be a problem since the ingredients are not clearly listed.

I had to ask one year when one of the new girls in the office decided to make a gift bag for us, since I have food allergies.

I prefer to tip.

All the ingredients are clearly labeled on these jars. They are made in a commercial kitchen by friends of mine who sell to local restaurants. They grow the fruit and make the jelly onsite as well as print their labels so I know everything is listed. But thanks for the heads up on that issue, I had not thought of it. I would prefer to tip our club level staff cash but have been told it is against the rules for them to accept cash.

jamala said:
All the ingredients are clearly labeled on these jars. They are made in a commercial kitchen by friends of mine who sell to local restaurants. They grow the fruit and make the jelly onsite as well as print their labels so I know everything is listed. But thanks for the heads up on that issue, I had not thought of it. I would prefer to tip our club level staff cash but have been told it is against the rules for them to accept cash.

My apologies, from your post, it sounded like you were making it from scratch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter