gifts for mousekeepers/club staff

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by jamala, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jamala

jamala Mouseketeer

I know many of you do NOT believe in tipping or gifting staff members but it is something my family enjoys doing for those who are helping take care of us when we are at disney. We always leave cash tips for mousekeeping but have heard club level staff cannot accept cash. So I have ordered some food items that represent our home state to give them. My kids have asked to get some small tokens of appreciation for our mousekeepers besides just cash in an envelope. Any ideas??? I thought maybe cookies shaped like Mississippi (where we are from). I am running dry on the creativity today and cannot come up with anything.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

We always give something unique from our home town. Coming from Kansas City.....its usually BBQ sauce or something like that. :P

4. jamala

jamala Mouseketeer

Great idea. I could do jars of muscadine jelly or mayhaw jelly for the mousekeepers.

5. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

What if the people have issues with food allergies? Are your gifts labeled with all the ingredients?

6. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

I would not take that chance; if someone has a food allergy, it could be a problem since the ingredients are not clearly listed.

I had to ask one year when one of the new girls in the office decided to make a gift bag for us, since I have food allergies.

I prefer to tip.

7. jamala

jamala Mouseketeer

All the ingredients are clearly labeled on these jars. They are made in a commercial kitchen by friends of mine who sell to local restaurants. They grow the fruit and make the jelly onsite as well as print their labels so I know everything is listed. But thanks for the heads up on that issue, I had not thought of it. I would prefer to tip our club level staff cash but have been told it is against the rules for them to accept cash.

8. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

My apologies, from your post, it sounded like you were making it from scratch.

9. jamala

jamala Mouseketeer

LOL--I wish, I love to cook but making jelly is just something I don't like to do.

10. aml3679

aml3679 Kita's Mom

Since they cannot accept tips, I think it is a great idea.