gifts for concierge

dansyr

I'm a loser
Ok,
We will be at AKL in 8 days ....yippee:bounce: :Pinkbounc
Jack who has been helping with some surprises for my dbf's birthday has been so helpful. He even ran around looking for a stuffed lion for me.
What is an appropriate thank you gift ??? Are they allowed to accept any kind of monetary tip??
Any help would be appreciated !!!!

I have not had the pleasure of staying conceirge (stayed club level a couple of times) but I have read that most people send some type of goody basket. I have heard of the monetary tip, but mostly the baskets of some sort.

Have fun!

I am very interested in this as well. We are staying Poly Concierage and Tara and Aida have been wonderful. I did make a point of getting their manager's name and expressing my appreciation for all of their interest in our trip to him.

I would like to send them some WWWD pins. The only thing is I am not sure where to send it? If anyone has this information, I would love to have it. Thanks...

I can't speak for Disney concierge, but for Marriott and Hyatt concierge I will normally leave 5-10 dollars per day (more if some really special ticket or reservation has been made). Of course the Hotels I stay at usually have the same concierge during my visits so the "tip" goes directly to them and no sharing is required. A gift basket sounds appropriate if you are "served" by a team.

I was told politely but firmly at the YC that the concierge staff cannot accept cash. So, now when I go I take a thank you card purchased at home and place gift certificates in it - Blockbuster, Publix Supermarket, or Barnes & Noble, etc. I also try to take something native to my state - like I usually take Pralines or something GA BullDog if I know the concierge is a sports fan. I have never had any of these gifts refused or returned - December will make our 20th trip in 7 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter