• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gifts for CMs at front desk

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
Last time I was at BW I tried to leave a tip for a great CM at the front desk but was told that they are not allowed to accept cash. Are gift cards considered cash? Or does anyone have other ideas? We leave tomorrow, so help ASAP would be great.

that is so sweet.

I feel bad - I had some great CM and I send a email to WDW about them - saying that great service they provide me - but that is all .

Now sometimes I give them flowers.....

I bet they could take "gift cards", esp if you placed them in the envelope and sealed the card. Hand it to them as you are leaving.

Also, I have NEVER known baked goods or candy to be refused by ANYONE!!!

When I was a flght attendant, a few times a "frequent flyer" would come on the plane and hand a box or bag of goodies to the first flight attendant they saw. We were only allowed to eat them if they were "sealed"...but, oh my goodness....Southwest Airlines doesn't have first class seats....but, you can bet that person got the "next best thing" on that flight!!!! On SWA, flight attendants are allowed to "comp" alcoholic drinks at their discretion. We were always so "overwhelmed" that someone would think of us...that person usually got LOTS of free "adult beverages" on that flight!!!

I think that sounds like a wonderful idea....and, I hope you have a GREAT trip!!!!

:hug:

Beca

The greatest gift of all is probably a nice note sent to them through MS or through the resort so that their supervisor will get a copy. Notes like that not only make someone feel good, they also can tip a performance review into bonus or raise territory.

rocketriter said:
The greatest gift of all is probably a nice note sent to them through MS or through the resort so that their supervisor will get a copy. Notes like that not only make someone feel good, they also can tip a performance review into bonus or raise territory.

Already have done this (and got a phone call from management thanking me for the letter!) but thought that a little tangible might be another way of showing appreciation.

my understanding is that they cannot accept a cash gift, and if they were to accept a 'gift' of more than $75 in value without management clearence, they could be fired over that. A written letter will serve them best, it becomes a part of their permanet record and becomes a factor in determining raises/promotions etc.

DVCconvert said:
my understanding is that they cannot accept a cash gift, and if they were to accept a 'gift' of more than $75 in value without management clearence, they could be fired over that. A written letter will serve them best, it becomes a part of their permanet record and becomes a factor in determining raises/promotions etc.

This is a very accurate take on the situation. As complimentary letter means much more to CM than any gift as these letters (as stated) lead to promotions and promotions mean higher pay.

I love See's Candy and have thought about bringing some of their 1/2 pound boxes of chocolates to hand out with a Thank-You card attached. It's more than a candy bar, but no so big that they would feel obligated to share it with everyone...afterall, you are trying to make them feel special, not a CM that you never even dealt with. This of course, would be weather permitting (as there's nothing that looks less appetizing than a box of melted chocolates!). :sunny:

We always make a candy wreath to give to the CM's at the front desk of the BWV. My daughter and I take a wreath form, cover it completely with wrapped colorful candy tied on with ribbons, and we give it to them with a hand-written note of thanks! This works for all seasons, you just change the shape of the form (you can use a coat hanger) and my kids all love being able to give something back to the people who seem to always go out of their way to make our trips so special!

Gift cards are considered cash.

If I were a CM there - I would much rather have the letter. Letters accumulate and mean higher raises to CMs.

One gift is a one shot and then it's used up.

Contributing a "well-done" towards a raise give a gift - time after time after time.

We have sent letters and have given small gifts. Special things. I usally try to find out their favorite character and go from there. They are tickled and makes them feel good. They make our vacations magical, so I try to do something for that specail CM. Usually about 20/25 dollars. They really enjoy this!!

I work for a company(in accounting) and the letters are great, but we also look forward to those special customers who go that extra mile. Builds a great client/company relationship.

:sunny: :sunny:

Thanks for all of the input. I am not creative like bjresmom, so will probably just buy some truffles when we go to the Harry and David shop.
I also will be sending another letter. We have a BW view room for 4 nights and preferred for the last 3 nights, have been waitlisted for BW view for the last 3 nights for quite a while. Would you believe I got a call from BWV CM yesterday. Since our waitlist never came through, he asked whether we still wanted to move mid-stay or would rather just have a preferred view the entire time. Wasn't it nice that I was asked? This is the kind of service we get and I am very grateful.

We gave the BWV front desk CMs a basket of Halloween candy with a thank you note at the end of our stay in October. They accepted the basket and were very appreciative of the gesture.

I also always write a letter to Guest Services noting specific CMs, who helped to make our trip magical. I was contacted by Guest Services both times I have written letters. They assured me that not only will the CMs and their supervisors be notified of the positive feedback, but they will also send a copy of the letter to the resort/park/restaurant managers and note the good review in each of the named CMs' employee files.

On this last trip, I made certain that I kept a list of CMs' names, places they worked and how they made our trip special, so that my feeble mind would remember them all when I got around to composing the letter. :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter