Gifts deliverd to the hotel

disfan07

DIS Veteran
My brother and his fiance are checking into the hotel about 1 1/2 hours after us. I would love to have a surprise waiting for them when they check in (we're going down to celebrate their engagement). Is it possible to have something delievered to be given to them at the front desk when they check in or can those types of things only be delievered to rooms?

ETA: If pre-made baskets are really expensive, can i make my own gift and mail it to the hotel? There would be nothing parishable in it but I figure it would be easier than trying to take it on the plane.

Thanks for all ideas!

1. Yes, you can leave something at the front desk for them. Have it noted on their reservation that there is a "surprise" gift waiting for them and the CM checking them in will retrieve it for them.

2. I have no clue about the couple so cannot comment about what is appropriate as an engagement gift for them, however, you can request a First Visit button for her and Celebration buttons for the couple be placed in the gift you are bringing to them.

3. If you pre-make a gift basket and have it sent to the hotel (which is not a problem at all), do it in your name so you can retrieve it and have it available as the "surprise" gift complete with buttons (the buttons are free and a fun novelty item)

When my sister-in-law, her husband, and five year old son went on their first trip, I called Disney from home and asked about sending a basket to their room. The CM put me through to one of the candy stores in the Magic Kingdom. I explained the situation and the CM was so nice and went around the store looking for discounted items and even a cheap basket to keep my cost down. I wanted to stay in a certain dollar range and she just assembled what she could out of cookies and candy and put a little note in it from us. I paid credit card by phone and it was delivered to their room later that day so they walked into it when coming back from the parks at night. It was a nice surprise for them and they were able to snack on treats all week and even take some back home.

My suggestion would be to use www.memoriesbybetsy.com. I have worked with her the past 3 years and she is great. She will make any type of basket that you want and will work with any budget. Betsy is the best!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter