Gifting Date nights- need ideas!

pocomom

Brr.....
My husband and I have enjoyed giving each other date nights as our Christmas presents for a couple of years now. I know he is scouring Groupon, so I don't want to do that.

In years past, I've done things from tickets to a band or comedy show, to a discount dvd paired with a jar of popcorn. We try to each do 5-6 , so we have something fun already planned at least once a month all year. And I need some fresh ideas!

I have a couple of ideas-
-are there any "art gallery" nights in your area?
-we live near a hotel destination that has a beer weekend, a food and wine festival, comedy weekends and what not throughout the year. While we would never spend the money to stay overnight, we are enjoying some of the events on the special weekends. I.e. We went to a cocktail class last month.
-any obscure museums you haven't been too near you?
-any annual events near were you live that could be enjoyed on a date night? In our neck of the woods, there is an annual "Taste of...town name...." This benefits a local organization. There is plenty of food, beverages and local bands

Cooking class? Our local sushi restaurant offers a sushi making class where you get to eat what you make once a month for a reasonable price. Picnic somewhere a short drive away somewhere with a nice view is one of our favorites also. Couples massage?

Couples massage,
Paint and wine (this seems to be a growing business)
Return to where you went on your first date

State Park Sticker with binoculars for star-gazing or bird-watching.
Dance Lessons
Winery or Brewery tour.
Any theme park in your area?

We just did one of those Dinner Detective type places a few weeks ago which was fun, and an Escape room place also opened nearby that I want to try. We also have season passes to our local theme park (Hershey Park) and sometimes they have special events as well. I also just got an email about a cooking/wine pairing demo that looked really nice at one of the local banquet centers...it was a charity event for the Boys and Girls club or something like that, but it looked nice (we have something else that night though).

We live in an area that is heavy on wineries, distilleries and breweries; many of which have theme events during the year like a Chocolate Wine trail, BBQ and Brews, etc. Anything like that in your area?
A charity 5k type event?
Dueling piano bar?
Painting class
Maybe something outdoorsy like rock climbing or learning to kayak
A theme basket to cook an international type meal that maybe you normally don't

Bowling
Wine tasting
Touring Broadway show
Horseback riding
Archery range
Sporting event
Indoor rock climbing
Wine/Canvas night. I've seen local pottery stores offering these.

How about a new board game and a bottle of wine/beer/booze that both enjoy? DH and I do a board game night and have a rum and coke or two after the kidlet is in bed.

-gift card to a new restaurant you want to try
-laser tag?
- any nice outdoor hikes near your town? You could pack a picnic and go exploring
- in he winter we like to pack a thermos of hot chocolate, and some snacks, and go cross country skiing or snow shaping
-any local touristy things? We have local whale watching and ice berg tours, they make great dates
- we have an indoor rock climbing center, again great date, or roller skating, ice skating, mini golf, whatever is available in the area
- booking a room in a swanky hotel/bed and breakfast, great get away
- we like to go exploring on weekends, jumping in the car and driving to another community and playing "tourist"

Some already great ideas previously listed - I really like the idea of a new board game.

Date nights for us now are basically anything we can do to spend some time together sans kids. I love the idea of getting outdoors and getting active, and I also like the idea of playing tourist in your Own city. I don't know about you, but I find our lives are so hectic and busy that we don't often appreciate the things in our own backyards.

First of all, this is a fabulous idea! One idea I once read about is to take an old shoebox and fill it with things like chocolate, candles, bubble bath, (fill in the blank here with whatever floats your boat) and completely cover the box in duct tape. Make it impossible to open quickly but allow your husband to shake it and wonder what it contains. Also, put a date on the box in which that box will be opened and enjoyed. The anticipation is a gift in itself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter