gift when your child gets their drivers license???

I don't know if I'd call it a gift, but a AAA membership would be a good thing to have. I think they have a special for teens.

We bought them cars and did sign them up for AAA. Their schools did not provide bus transportation.

I don't plan on giving my boys a gift when they get their license. My oldest will be going for his June 5th. Hopefully he passes :thumbsup2 He's paying for his own license fee, his own insurance, his own gas, etc. He even paid for 1/2 of his car (which he and his father bought 2 years ago).

Back when my brother, sister and I got our licenses, my dad brought us out for breakfast or lunch afterwards (depending on what time the appt was). That was it.

It never occurred to me to get either of my kids a gift--the gift of me letting them drive one of my cars seemed sufficient!

However, I can see how you might want to give them a little "token."

How about a gas card, a pass to your local car wash (if they have those in your area), a travel mug, a sunglass visor clip. Just some little "car" stuff that you could all put together in a gift basket (or stuff it in the travel mug). It really just depends on the things your child likes.

The license and freedom are the gift.

Maybe a $3 key chain.

My kids thought just getting their license was special enough.

No, we didn't give gifts.

I gave my son a big hug for doing so well:thumbsup2 When my dad bought him a used car the next month, I got him a nice keychain to keep up with his keys. Now, I give him the "gift" of gas:lmao:

How about a high five? I did not get a car or even a key chain. I was just thrilled to have that piece of plastic that represented another step toward independence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter