gift/reward card usuage

tjs198

Mouseketeer
got $700 in both disney gift cards and the points rewards redemption cards (all from the Chase Visa) - my question - are there places that don't accept them? i especially thinking of the japanese pavillion (girls will want to do pick a pearl) & DTD. any others?

My experience has been that most places on Disney property accept them as cash. The only exception I've found was a few places at Downtown Disney. Everywhere else on Disney property takes them.

My plan is to charge most things to my room then use the gift card/reward card to pay off the room charges.

Check the Disney Rewards site, it lists the places that take it. In the past, I thought I had used it at more places than those listed, but maybe they have changed. Last time, I just applied the credit to my room account and charged everything in the parks to my room, so I could use the credits for all my purchases/dining, even if it wasn't on the list. Plus then I only had to carry my KTTW card and not worry about losing the Rewards card.

Agreed, putting everything on the KTWK is the easiest way to charge while at disney. We even put the dinning tips on the card then upon check out I take the rewards cards that I had packed in the luggage and use all of them to pay for most of the charges and room.

I have tried a few rewards sites in the past and once went with over $500 in gift cards. It took about a year and way too much of my time but it was a huge help on the bill.

Good luck and have a wonderful trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter