Gift ideas (to bring home from WDW)

krissyh

DIS Veteran
DBF and I will be there in Feb.
A couple of weeks after we return home, one of his good friends from childhood is getting married. Apparently, the woman (I've only met her a couple of times) really loves "Disney Stuff" but has never been to WDW! I guess she is into the movies and such. We can't figure out why they didn't do this for their honeymoon. Anyway...
Because of the timing, I thought it would be cute to bring them back something Disney. This is not the wedding gift, just a nice "something" extra. Ican always go for something simple like a tea kettle and basket of coffee, tea, cocoa or the like but was wondering about cute Disney items for a wedding. It will too close to the wedding for a cake knife/topper, etc. as I think it would be nice to surprise them and wouldn't want them counting on a specific item in case it was a problem.
Ideas?

DBF and I will be there in Feb.
A couple of weeks after we return home, one of his good friends from childhood is getting married. Apparently, the woman (I've only met her a couple of times) really loves "Disney Stuff" but has never been to WDW! I guess she is into the movies and such. We can't figure out why they didn't do this for their honeymoon. Anyway...
Because of the timing, I thought it would be cute to bring them back something Disney. This is not the wedding gift, just a nice "something" extra. Ican always go for something simple like a tea kettle and basket of coffee, tea, cocoa or the like but was wondering about cute Disney items for a wedding. It will too close to the wedding for a cake knife/topper, etc. as I think it would be nice to surprise them and wouldn't want them counting on a specific item in case it was a problem.
Ideas?

There are some really cute Disney wedding themed items. Bride and Groom Mickey and Minnie picture frames, salt and pepper shakers, snow globes, dolls and probably a lot more then I can't remember at the moment. I am going to "The World" this weekend and even though I have been married 6 months I will be looking out for new editions to my Disney wedding collection!!!

I agree with IHEARTWAYNE. There are a lot of wedding things there. You could also by something and have it personalized, such as an ornament or a throw blanket. I am guessing if you are going in February that you will be there around Valentine's day. You could also get them a valentine item that would be just as cute.

I know it's no where near Christmas, but you could get the Bride/Groom "Just Married" ornament and have it personalized.

Since it's going to be a gift you give them at/after their wedding, I'm not sure I'd go with weddingy type things. The kitchen store at DTD has some really cool housewares that might be nice to give her. They have a really cute strainer that has Mickey heads with holes for the straining part, cute spoon rests, silverware, etc... I know, personally, when I get married in July I would prefer things I'll be able to use once we're married more than weddingy things that might lose a little of their appeal after a few months.

Since it's going to be a gift you give them at/after their wedding, I'm not sure I'd go with weddingy type things. The kitchen store at DTD has some really cool housewares that might be nice to give her. They have a really cute strainer that has Mickey heads with holes for the straining part, cute spoon rests, silverware, etc... I know, personally, when I get married in July I would prefer things I'll be able to use once we're married more than weddingy things that might lose a little of their appeal after a few months.

We'll be back about a month before the wedding - that was part of the decision issue - since we would give this before the wedding.
I tend to go "theme-y" with gifts but thought there might be some cute little wedding thing.
Maybe a nice etched glass frame?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter