Gift ideas for kids - what to ask concierge staff to buy?

lat

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We are going to stay at YC concierge around Xmas time. There are 13 of us including 5 kids (ages are 10, 8, 5, 2, and 1). My brother has 3 and I have 2 (mine are 5 and 2).

I would like the concierge staff to help me shop a little bit to put something in the room when we arrive. However, since I am already paying for everyone's trip, I can't really spend a lot on the presents.

What do/did you ask them to buy and how did it come out?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

I love the little die cast metal models of the ride vehicles- they have Aladdin, Pirates of the Carribean, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, ?Space Mountain. If memory serves me correctly, I think they're about $8.50 each. Another option is the Pirates of the Carribean dagger and eyepatch (they also have one with a hook) for around $7 for the boys and maybe a Princess bag/earrings set for the girls (around $8.50). My kids also loved the light up bouncy balls with Sorcerer Mickey on them ($4), and the little keyrings with monorails or penlights or Buzz Lightyear spaceships on them (around $5). There's also a lovely Tinkerbelle autograph pen (clear plastic full of glitter with pink top and bottom) that comes in a nice package.

Make sure and recheck that the stuff has been bought- we checked in late to the GF and in spite of assurances to the contrary, none of my gifts were there. The kids were expecting Pal Mickey and some little items but I had to convince them the sippy cups from my drugstore.com shipment were their special gifts:(

Hope this helps

Joanna

I had them buy the usual things for our 2 yo DD. The autograph book w/ pen, Pressed penny book filled w/ "new" pennies, My first pin Layard, A WDW t-shirt, Some light up toys, and snacks (they had mickey cheese crackers, pretzels, m&m's,mixed nuts) I also had some items for my DH like a shirt, a resort mug, and his fav. beer.

They mug is a good idea if your going to buy on anyway.($10-12)
Also if your kids want to do the autograph thing this is great ($6?)
Or to save money on that go to your local walmart and buy a couple little notebooks.
But you could do the passport thing at EPCOT.($10)
Or what I remember my DD loving was a little lunch box my DH found for her. It had snacks and juice in it as well as stickers it was only $5. And we used it to hold her penny book and autograph book and pen afterwards. It was handy and a great little gift. Each kid could have there own little box!
Hope this helps

We're going in Nov and staying at the BC concierge. I'm having a basket made up for the arrival day filled with autography books, pressed penny book, epcot passport, new pin lanyards and Pal Mickey and for each night for there pillow gifts I got lanyard trading pins, disney beanie babies, CD's. Some thing (most) concierge is handling some I bought myself and will ship down so they have them to place on their pillows each night. My DS's are 15, 12 and our 9 year old will be celebrating his birthday there. The CD's are for my older son and the pins for the 12 year old and the beanie for the 9 year old. The welcome gifts are to replace there old autograph books, press penny books as they are getting quite filled up.

You can save some money if you purchasing little thing at home and either send them down or take them with you concierge will handle placing the gifts for you.

Thanks everyone for the GREAT ideas. I will start putting together a list for each child based on your suggestions. They are absolutely wonderful ideas!!!!!!

You should think of the basic things the kids will need to have for their enjoyment when they first get there such as the items many others have described:
Autograph Books
Pens
Laynairds
Pins
Tshirt
Plush Doll/Pal Mickey
Possibly Disney Candy (like those large Lollipops or Goofey Burgers)
World Showcase Passport (To Keep the Kids occupied in EPCOT)
Penny Presser Book

You should get them things that they will use throughout their stay and let them have the opportunity to run up to items such as the Pirate Patch and so forth. They will want more..lol, this way, they can have the chance to pick out one or two things they just want. The other items mentioned above are things they may need as children to thoroughly enjoy themselves while at Disney and honestly, those items are relatively easy for the Concierge Team to find and purchase.

Have Fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter