Gift Ideas for 'Adult Kids' - the Twenty-Something Year Olds

Once we graduated from college, we switched from buying gifts for one another to doing a white elephant gift exchange.

My nephew who is in his mid-20s and I helped to raise asked for a fitbit charge HR. He recently joined a gym and is excited about keeping track of his fitness. I also am putting together a cleaning kit for his apartment because I think he is clueless what to buy - a bucket with bathroom cleaner, polish, shammy, sponge. I am also getting him a couple of small gift cards for Chick-fil-a and the grocery store he shops at.

By the time I was 20, my parents started giving all 3 of us (and later our spouses) cash. At first I was a bit disappointed to not have presents to open but I quickly got over it. It never has to be returned and I can use it for simple practical things or a splurge.
Cash never lets me down.

Are there any local breweries near you? My DBF and I are both in our mid 20's and my mom is picking us up gift certificates to do a Brewery Tour. We have done them on vacations before and they are good way to try new beers while someone else does the driving.

I'm also asking for new luggage, do they have any trips coming up? I personally love getting things like coffee, wine, tolietries, specialty food and whatnot for Christmas. It's stuff that I like but sometimes skip if I'm saving up for a trip or something else I want.

Does the one with the GoPro have some of the accessories that go with it to make it useful? We must have just about everything for ours and I'm still getting DBF a chest strap for Christmas. We love it and love have the versatility of the accessories.

What about a camelback or portable phone charger for the one that is into music festivals? My camelback saved us at Austin City Limits this year.

Oh and Settlers of Catan is another favorite game of ours, I'd highly recommend it : )

for my adult son, living on his own, I tend to buy things I think he might need, but doesn't buy himself. He tends to buy himself 'toys',etc, so i bring him clothing I think he'd like,with tags attached so if he doesn't,I can try something else,and stuff for his apt.- he seems to appreciate things like that....plus any good foods he doesn't make or buy for himself at home now...

This thread has given me great ideas for 21yoDS, thank you all! His birthday is in November, and I scored a hit by getting him the Risk: Game of Thrones Edition. It was pricy, but he was THRILLED, and he posted a picture on f.b. of all the boys in his fraternity sitting around playing it :D.

Terri

Any suggestion for adult kids (not in college). I have two adult sons, one that lives at home and one that lives in his own apartment.

Older one is into skateboarding, but recently wanted an urban, city bike, so I bought that last month and told him it was part of his Christmas. Likes skater style clothes and converse shoes. He likes going to the rock concert festivals (the ones that are all day or multiple day with multiple bands). I don't know of anything upcoming to buy in advance. He goes with friends to the ones in Miami, Clearwater, St. Pete, Atlanta, etc.

Younger one lives on his own. He likes guns but has plenty of guns, a safe, etc. He has a motorcycle but no longer wears his helmet (against my judgement). Likes wrangler jeans and cowboy boots. I just went to Cabelas and ordered a sweatshirt, hoodie, and jacket. Funny, he asked me about my Scentsy warmer today and said he wanted one for his apartment, so I e-mailed my friend so that is on it's way. Apparently his neighbor (a hooters calendar model) likes when his apartment smells nice. LOL.

Also, we live in Central Florida so we don't need winter gear.

I already bought the Exploding Kittens for them. I bought the NSFW version (for hte adult kids) and original version (for the middle school kids). I bought the Sherlock Holmes and Game of Thornes coloring books (not sure they will even want them, but oh well).

Not sure what else to get. Mainly for the older one. Other than shoes and clothes, can't think of anything else since I don't know what the upcoming events are that he would like to attend.

My husband mentioned a deep sea fishing trip a few months ago. My husband was going to take them but they were not that interested. So this age range is really hard to buy for.

Any ideas? They are not into Disney or Universal or Busch Gardens either. They last annual passes they had for Universal (that I bought) they didn't go once all year.

Just found something interesting, if you have a newer Samsung phone. It's called GearVR. It's a portable virtual reality system & looks very cool!!! It's only $99.

Just found something interesting, if you have a newer Samsung phone. It's called GearVR. It's a portable virtual reality system & looks very cool!!! It's only $99.

I'll add on to this by saying that my brother (early 30s but acts like a young 20s) gets a kick out of his Google Cardboard. We got him the Knox V2 for like $24 and it turns pretty much any phone into a virtual reality system. Entertaining (and inexpensive). http://www.amazon.com/Am-Cardboard-...e=UTF8&qid=1449265633&sr=8-3&keywords=knox+v2

Smart watch-samsung,apple
Ds 19 just bought a new expensive mountain bike so getting high end light for it, ($80)new camel back, troy lee bije shorts (like $100),
Steam $gc if they play online games
Apple tv
Good binoculars
Good swiss army knife
Dehydrater to msje jerky
Reset spinning target,time at the range,ammo
Powerful flaslighrs, have given to my ds,relatives and the men all go crazy for it,no idea why

Smart watch-samsung,apple
Ds 19 just bought a new expensive mountain bike so getting high end light for it, ($80)new camel back, troy lee bije shorts (like $100),
Steam $gc if they play online games
Apple tv
Good binoculars
Good swiss army knife
Dehydrater to msje jerky
Reset spinning target,time at the range,ammo
Powerful flaslighrs, have given to my ds,relatives and the men all go crazy for it,no idea why

Good binoculars will come in handy many times you wouldn't think to have them (we even use them for dolphin watching at the beach). And they'll last a lifetime. Great gift!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter