• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift ideas for a 14 year old boy

These are great ideas!! I need to get him an electric razor because he has been using my teeny personal trimmer for a few hairs and his unibrow.:) I think I will find him a few fun things too. Keep the ideas coming...it helps everyone with a teen boy.

My DS kept complaining that the cheap water bottles didn't stay cold. We got him a hydroflask for his 11th birthday and it's amazing. Stays ice cold for almost 24 hours. He got many things but this was his most used gift. (We ended up getting 3 more for the rest of us.)

Love love love this product. Thanks to my friends at the Dis who suggested it. :) My DD has a 14yr old "boyfriend" and we have already decided this is what he will be getting for Christmas. (With something else small and more personal.) He was jealous of hers when they went to an amusement park.

I need gift ideas for DS who will be 14 in a month. He is a typical kid that is only interested in his ipod touch right now. He asked for a tv which makes no sense because he has one downstairs for video games. He knows he can't have one in his room.

My husband got him a couple of tools because we give the boys a toolbox when they turn 13 and spend the next few years filling it up so by the time they are adults they have all the tools they need. This is great, but we need other ideas.

Ideas?

Movie Money for the local movie theater.

My DS just turned 15. He is very hard to buy for because when I ask him what he wants, he just says "I don't know". ARGH! :headache:

Last Christmas my partner and I got him a lava lamp for his room. He loves it, go figure! He turns it on at night and I turn it off when I go to bed. I'd really like to redo his room for him as a gift but don't have the time. Make it a cool guy place, maybe put a chair in there for him to veg on.

I agree with the gift cards, whether it be for the movies, food or itunes or whatever he uses. Most places here you have to be 16 to get a job at and I don't give my kids a weekly allowance, so spending $ is important. Especially since he now has his first gf.

If your son likes certain types of clothes you could get him something that may normally be out of the budget.

What one may suggest would depend on your budget.

I have to say, I broke down and got him a girlie calendar last Christmas but it wasn't too raunchy. He was happy as a clam for that. The year before I found a calendar that came with magnetic darts and each month had a different board to throw the darts at.

Good luck.

I have a DS13 and a lot of my ideas have all been suggested, with the exception of a game called Can Jam. It's a frisbee game that you play as a team and you have to get it into the hole on the can. He played it this summer at a friends house and asked for it. I picked it up at Olympia with a 30% coupon they had.

another idea would be a camera...waterproof, shockproof type.

My DS and his friends play Manhunt a lot too, year round, so flashlight, dark clothing...

a pocket knife? a good sleeping bag, duffle bag for overnights, skateboard, bike, gift cards to local fast food places

My 16 yr old likes and receives ( some of these) and asks for the following:

money ( for pizza and pepsi lol )
gift cards to eateries
game stop gift cards for xbox and mine craft and halo
batteries ( double and triple A's)
xbox head/microphone earphones
would like a new ipod his is just a small postage stamp size shuffle
clothes ( growing like mad)
food
movie gift cards ( like AMC)
books books and more books ( Ranger Apprentice series by John Flannagan -not sure of that spelling-) Also the Halo books
time.. one on one and family night activities like going out to eat as a family. ( he is the only boy with 3 older sisters)

Thought of another one...a North Face Denali jacket. Very popular around here and you can find them on sale (last year's colors) online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter