• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift idea for someone who has everything?

If you know the person likes to cook, and know their tastes, you can find some interesting recipes and buy all the ingredients so all they need to do is make the meal. I did this for my niece who had recently gotten an InstaPot - I found and printed 2 recipes online that I thought she would like and bought most of the ingredients. For the spices/garlic that were only a TBSP or less - I just used mine and pre-measured the amount into snack ziploc bags so she didn't even have to measure.

This is more work than ordering from Omaha steaks obviously, but my niece loved it! It took a lot of the hassle out of prepping a meal.

This Christmas, I donated in family member’s names to places that I knew they loved: my mom-Samaritan’s Purse, my sister-in-law - Children’s diabetes (because her youngest was diagnosed type 1 last year) and so forth. It was much more emotional and fulfilling than I expected and I can’t wait to do it for every occasion.

I am that impossible-to-get-a-gift-for person. The only suggestion on this thread that would be okay for me is the charitable donation.

OP, you are not required to get a gift for anyone. And people who don't want gifts actually don't want them. We're not just saying it and I personally would much prefer no gift to something I don't want or need. At that point the "gift" becomes a burden.
I know this post is a year old, but I had to say AMEN! I really do not like receiving gifts I don't want. Take me out to lunch, sure, but don't give me more things! Charitable donations are fine, if they give to something I would approve of.

Walk into a Williams Sonoma and I guarantee you will find something good. Concentrate on the food options they have there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter