gift idea for baptism

We gave our nephew a tree (sapling) for his baptism. That was 18 years ago. Both he and the tree have grown a lot over the years. Because it's a dogwood, it blooms in the spring, which is when he christened and the tree serves as a reminder of that special day.

We've started getting savings bonds for our nieces/nephews-$25.00 gets you a $50. savings bond.

I say go ahead and get a gift. You can either give him a savings bond, money to go into an account for him, you can still order the bible and put the info about the bible in the card, or anything else you may want. All of the baptisms I have attended, there have been gifts and cards with money/savings bonds enclosed.

There are lots of cute Bible board books or Bible story board books out there--he would probably like something like that. I bought my niece a lift-the-flap Bible storybook I found at a local Christian bookstore. Or a cross for the wall of his bedroom? That's the kids of stuff I usually get.

My DB gave my daughter 2 shares of Disney Stock for her Baptism. He framed it too!

We always give (and received) savings bonds. In fact, just a few years ago my mother found some savings bonds I received at my christening - over 30 years ago! I cashed them in and received quite a bit of money with all that interest.

There are also some cute little religious teddy bears and things if you want to give a little gift that your nephew can play with. Or maybe a nice picture frame with a little cross on it or something.

FYI - it takes about 3 weeks to get a savings bond after you order it from the bank. Maybe a little less, but that's how long I give it. You also have to have the child's SSN# or put your own on it. (My MIL works at the bank and she just gets their SSN#'s off of their savings accounts). That's what we do for the nephews as well.

DH's 5 yo nephew did get money from some for his baptism. Not sure about the younger one, we weren't there for it.

I say go to your local Christian bookstore and see what they have on offer.

I give a silver picture frame from Things Remembered with the childs full name engraved on it. I've done a plain frame or one with a cross on it. The parents have loved it because they can put a picture from that day in it.

We generally give a savings bond. Unless the person is reaslly religious, there are only so many bibles and rosary beads or plaques/statues.

DD recieved a lot of saving bonds and checks for her Baptism. There were a few gifts but surprisingly out of the 53 people that showed up there were no bibles :) everyone was thinking someone else would get her one...

We give savings bonds and usually the bank gives you a certificate that you can put in the card saying a bond was purchased and will be mailed.

Unless we're the godmother or godfather, DH and I don't do bibles for baptisms. It's almost always a check, savings bond, or share of stock from onesharedotcom.

Savings bonds, a picture frame or a child's book on bible stories are all nice gifts.

Some people do savings bonds. However if you know the parents are setting up a college account for the little one, a check would work just fine and let the parents invest.

For my nephews baptism, there were presents, toys, a children's bible.
We opted for money for his college education since we knew my brother was setting it up.

Plus, it was just after x-mas and he'd scored a mother load of toys and stuff from us then.

Connie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter