Gift HELP!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by virginiamama, Sep 13, 2012.

1. virginiamama

virginiamama DIS Veteran

I forgot that my sister-in-law's birthday is today so I need to run out and pick up a gift for her. She is a really good gifter, so I always agonize over what to give her. She has recently been diagnosed as pre-diabetic, and is motivated to eat better and get in shape (she has started walking with a friend). I am trying to think of a gift that would be encouraging, without being rude. I was thinking about an athletic jacket and a nice water bottle maybe. I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas. TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. i*heart*minniemouse

i*heart*minniemouse Mouseketeer

Not sure what your price range is, but I love my Fitbit. It is a bit expensive for a pedometer, but it sure is a motivator and I wear it everyday. It is well built and can withstand the washing machine and dryer...I can attest to that:rotfl2:.
    Both DH and I have one. I bought ours at the local Best Buy, so it is not something you have to purchase online.

4. ilovevacation

ilovevacation Mouseketeer

Does she have an i pod? I know when i got motivated listening to my favorite music helped. Plus, then you always have built in gifts with i tunes gift cards.

5. mom2cgj

mom2cgj Mouseketeer

I would also suggest the Fitbit if it's within your budget. That has been the best motivator for me!

6. justcruisin

justcruisin Guest

Perhaps athletic ear phones - yurbuds are wonderful, available at Walmart. I love my spibelt for holding my phone/keys/chapstick, don't even know I'm wearing it ... no bounce at all. Maybe a water bottle that secures to her hand?

Do you have a FleetFeet in in your area? They have a great selection of running/walking accessories.

7. rogerskevin67

rogerskevin67 Earning My Ears

Fitbit activity tracker is really great to gift her or a nice pair of branded jogging/running shoes.