• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

gift for ups man?

3HClub

Earning My Ears
Hi! Do any of you give a gift card or cash to your ups man for Christmas? If you do what do you give and how much do you spend? I usually don't, but I have done so much shopping on line this year I feel like I see him every day! :) He is ALWAYS so friendly. Thank you for the help!

We have a different one all the time, so i won't lose any sleep over it. But I would say no more than you'd give a paper delivery person - I mean they are literally there every day (hopefully!)

I have a gift I'd like to give my UPS man :rolleyes1

My ds calls the ups guy "Mommy's delivery friend". I shop alot online, all year long. We usually give him $20. He goes the extra mile for us -- leaving our packages at our back door if we're not home so no one sees them.

My husband is a UPS guy :cool1: and I can tell you he appreciates ANY gift of any amount he receives from customers. These guys work 50-60 hour weeks (running all the time!) during the Christmas season and the company does not give them a bonus, so any gifts come from the customers. A $5 Starbucks card can keep him going for a day ;). They sure don't expect anything, but I assure you it makes them smile, especially the guys who are willing to go the extra mile for their customers. Thanks for thinking of your UPS guy! :thumbsup2

I have a gift I'd like to give my UPS man :rolleyes1
Oh. Fred is your UPS guy, too?

Seriously though - since UPS went to 'variety' routing (as opposed to this being Fred's route for years) I have too many UPS guys - and I don't even see most of them.

But if I'm going down there to pick up packages close to Christmas, I will get something - a large tin of cookies, or some other food - for the women who work there.

Three of them have been there for years, they know me, I don't have to show ID (oops, I never said that!), and a couple of years ago, I went in the Saturday morning before Christmas - and they pulled me out of a lonnnnnng line and brought me to the front. I felt really badly - until they explained I was the ONLy person in that line who had called ahead and arranged to pick up my packages!

I give my UPS guy a gift, because I get a lot of deliveries. He is very careful to hide my packages, etc. I also have the same guy each day.

When we worked at Gamestop for over a year, it was the same guy every day.
Some time last year we took a trip down memory lane and walked into the store. Of course the store has changed so many hands in the past two years, I don't think any one there could tell who was there before them. But we were chit chatting with the manager there, asking if other managers we're still at other stores. And in walks the UPS guy and calls us both out by our names. The manager looked a bit dumbfounded after that. We told him we worked there for over a year. And the UPS guy was the only one still around.

My DH gets packages all the time for work. He tipped the UPS guy(same one everyday) $20 and like someone else said he always goes the extra mile. Definitely worth it.

No, we never have the same guy. And whoever we have drops the package by the door and runs back to the truck. Never see a face. They get paid an average of $28 an hour plus benefits, so my drivers are just doing their jobs.

Some of your UPS guys leave your packages even when you're not home? Ours will just leave a note that said he missed us and will try again on the next business day. It's a pain because I feel like I have to wait at home for him.

Back to the gift topic.. I haven't thought about a gift for our UPS delivery man. He is very nice, but it hadn't even crossed my mind.

Last year I made a gift basket with some Dale and Thomas popcorn, movie sized candy, a Subway gift card (pretty much the only restaurant around here besides McD's), some homemade candy and cookies, hot cocoa...etc. The driver was very appreciative, and had really went out of their way to delivery Holiday packages with care.

This year I've gotten 2 damaged packages plus a package left on my doorstep when it was raining and no one rang the bell, so it sat there in the rain OVERNIGHT and another package last week that was soaked from sitting in water on the truck all day :( So.....while I understand that they do a lot of stops and some of these damages might not be their fault, I'm thinking this year's gift might be a lot less thoughtful, maybe just a restaurant gift card for their lunch or something.

Our UPS guy doesn't even ring the bell... he just leaves it on the porch and runs back to the truck. In fact, earlier this month I went on line to check the tracking on a package and was surprised to see that it showed the delivery status as "delivered". So I checked the porch and there was the package... it was delivered two hours earlier and I never knew because the UPS guy doesn't ring the bell :confused3

Our UPS guy doesn't even ring the bell... he just leaves it on the porch and runs back to the truck. In fact, earlier this month I went on line to check the tracking on a package and was surprised to see that it showed the delivery status as "delivered". So I checked the porch and there was the package... it was delivered two hours earlier and I never knew because the UPS guy doesn't ring the bell :confused3

Hey! We have the same delivery guy! Just kidding. But my guy does the same, and I appreciate it because with my daycare I have kids napping when he delivers, so if he knocks the dog barks (read as FREAKS OUT) and the kids will wake. Hm, maybe I should give him a gift...

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I am thinking I will give him a gift card to Tim Hortons. That way if he drinks coffee great, and if he doesn't he can get something else. He really is great, and always goes the extra mile.

Our UPS guy doesn't even ring the bell... he just leaves it on the porch and runs back to the truck. In fact, earlier this month I went on line to check the tracking on a package and was surprised to see that it showed the delivery status as "delivered".

Our UPS guy hides them on the back porch, the entrance to which isn't even visible from the street. Including one that was delivered Signature Required. Imagine my surprise when I check the status online (because I knew it was out for delivery, and that I'd have to sign) and saw I'd already signed for it!

He gets no Christmas cheer from me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter