Gift for someone going on ABD trip

rnorwo1

DIS Veteran
Hi All,
My inlaws are going on their first ABD and first ever trip abroad (Italy/Switzerland). Mother's Day is coming up, and I was trying to think of something to gift her that would be helpful on the trip. She already has comfortable shoes, SPF hat, body purse, and plug adapter. Any other ideas? Thanks so much!

Good headphones for the flight and a battery charger for their phones and cameras are great to have when traveling anywhere.

Depending on the time of year, Zermatt and the train up the mountain could be cold, so some gloves or a hat would be nice. Probably won't be an issue in the summer.

But really you could show up to an ABD with just your clothes and phone and be fine. Maybe you can check the condition of their suitcases and get them a new one.

We had a tiny first aid/med kit that we seemed to use every day!! I carried it in my purse or backpack everywhere we went. Granted we had kids along but we definitely used the Advil, bandaids (for shoe rubbing, etc), Pepto, a couple of cough drops, Dramamine, melatonin, etc. I had a few Shout wipes in there too, which were especially handy for Italy. 🤣 I bought an empty first aid pouch and tiny ziplocks which I labeled and added all the things I thought we’d need.

We had a tiny first aid/med kit that we seemed to use every day!! I carried it in my purse or backpack everywhere we went. Granted we had kids along but we definitely used the Advil, bandaids (for shoe rubbing, etc), Pepto, a couple of cough drops, Dramamine, melatonin, etc. I had a few Shout wipes in there too, which were especially handy for Italy. 🤣 I bought an empty first aid pouch and tiny ziplocks which I labeled and added all the things I thought we’d need.
We were able to save the day for fellow travelers a few times, too!

@jimmymc mentions new suitcases. Depending on their airlines and flights, some international carriers have smaller size allowances than US airlines for a carry-on bag. A smaller-size roller bag for carryon could be a nice gift.

@jimmymc mentions new suitcases. Depending on their airlines and flights, some international carriers have smaller size allowances than US airlines for a carry-on bag. A smaller-size roller bag for carryon could be a nice gift.
Their carryon bags are fine for US; I did not think to check for the international flights. Thanks so much for that tip!

Carry on bag is usually 10 kg weight ( to fit overhead bin )
Hold case is usually 23 kgs

One of each per person AND a shoulder bag for laptop .

A fold up walking stick ( placed in suitcase } if they need one for walking trips

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter