gift for great soccer coach?

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
you guys always have the best ideas... I need something for my twins soccer coach. He was really great with them and had endless patience....I am good at teacher gifts, but this one has me stumped!
:confused3

We usually pool our money and the team mom buys a gift card from the whole team but I try to get the kids to write a note and put it in a card too. I would think that as a coach the note would be more valuable than the gift card (but that's nice too!).

One time we got a t-shirt from a local sports team. HTH!

DH coaches and he is always given a group gift certificate of some time. He has received Academy, Movie Theater, restaurant, the mall and Visa gift card. Last time he also received a photo CD which was really nice.

Another wife of a soccer coach chiming in here. My DH got a clipboard with his name engraved on it and a golden whistle. He's also gotten a soccer ball with all the little players names autographed on it (too cute U4 team). We've also gotten restaurant gift cards and blockbuster popcorn and movie buckets.

Another good thing to do w/older kids who always play on the same team is everyone putting in money and buying something the team needs like a expandable bench or goalie gloves and jersey...my oldest DD's team does things like this so the coach doesn't have too.

Another soccer wife here, my husband has gotten gift cards to the local sporting goods store, movie theatres and restaurants. All have been great, but I think he also likes the notes from the kids.

Hi well im only a soccer mom but I am a manager at an engraving store called Things Remembered and we have a clipboard with a whistle on it and we can engrave his name in a few places on it.Thats the best thing I can think of.Good luck

I forgot to add that the kids usually sign a card and a ball—he puts those things on display in his office.

Our league supplies all our equipment, so you might want to check on that before buying equipment. Not that DH would mind (we're both actually surprised anytime he receives something), but it just wouldn’t be used for the team.

I've gotten "picture plaques"...a team picture with a "Thanks Coach...insert team...insert year, etc." which I really liked (have them in my office), and gift cards (Bass Pro or Cabela's for me) are always excellent:thumbsup2

We just did this with DS's first soccer experience this spring. The team got a gift card to the Coach's favorite restaurant, plus we compiled a binder, with 1 page per child. Each child's page had his/her picture, and the child decorated it with a "thank you" note and/or drawing to the coach.

my husband coaches a lot and we have always really enjoyed the gift cert for a popular restaurant chain. everything else is appreciated but collects dust and is eventually thrown away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter