• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift for Aide

NJMomma

Mouseketeer
Looking for suggestions for a gift for my son's aide. She has been his aide (not one on one officially, but unofficially yeah pretty much one on one) for his middle school career. My son will be graduating middle school in June. I don't know her very well and my son isn't one for chit chat so he doesn't know much about her likes and dislikes. She's in her 60's, has grown kids. I feel I should get her something between $25-50. She is very fond of my son, in fact his case worker feels she's too attached to him and tends to be very protective of him. Any ideas? I am open to handmade or purchased. I am just drawing such a blank on this. :confused: Thanks!

Maybe you could give her a gc to somewhere or see if you could possibly find out her likes from someone who knows her. Good luck

Aw, that's nice.

I think a combo thing - a gift card, maybe $50 to Target if there's one in your area or if you know for sure she likes Starbucks or Dunkin' or whatever (I wouldn't assume with that, some people just don't like that stuff so it'd be a waste) or if you know for sure she goes to a specific shop.

Plus, the more important thing would be a letter or card from you explaining how much you appreciate what she's done with your son and how you know she's taken such extra special care of him and you'll always remember that and know it's made a difference to him because of whatever. Then maybe include a picture of them together if you have one, or just one of him.

Those cards and letters get kept and cherished, they mean a lot.

I agree, a gift card. I always get these for Christmas and end of year gifts for dd's aide/teacher/therapists.

Looking for suggestions for a gift for my son's aide. She has been his aide (not one on one officially, but unofficially yeah pretty much one on one) for his middle school career. My son will be graduating middle school in June. I don't know her very well and my son isn't one for chit chat so he doesn't know much about her likes and dislikes. She's in her 60's, has grown kids. I feel I should get her something between $25-50. She is very fond of my son, in fact his case worker feels she's too attached to him and tends to be very protective of him. Any ideas? I am open to handmade or purchased. I am just drawing such a blank on this. :confused: Thanks!

I'm an aide and I've gotten very attached to two students throughout the years I've been working with kids. (i love all my students, but 2 were extra special)
I'd go with a very personal gift from your son. A letter with a photo type thing or a keepsake photo album from your son. ( A gift card would be a nice bonus.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter