• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift Dilemma

NicoleWinchester

Earning My Ears
I have a wonderful 12 year old cousin who I think of like a little sister. I often get her gifts that I know I would've loved at her age. For Christmas I'm getting her a Michael Kors watch my friend is getting me a pretty sweet deal on. My issue here is that she has a 15 year old brother, who I also think the world of, but I have no idea what to get him. I'm kind of strapped for cash, and teenage boys are so expensive. Does anyone here regularly shop for teen boys and could give me some advice?

My 13-year-old loves gift certificates to Game Stop.

Does he play a sport? Maybe some new equipment for that, or something with the logo of his favorite team?

UnderArmor sweatshirts are big with the kids here, too.

I think there is also a brand of headphones that "everyone" wants this year. Maybe someone can chime in with the name of those?

I doubt he's interested enough in girls' watches to know the exact price of his sister's gift, so I think it's more important to find something that he'll like than to try to match the amount.

I'm thinking the game stop gift card would be best, too. Other than that, teen boys can be so different, it's hard to suggest something.

My son is 20 and he's getting computer speakers, a zippo lighter (for backpacking), stuff for his first aid kit (he's about to take his EMT cert), a couple of shirts, Polo Blue cologne, and blue tooth speaker, and probably a few more pieces of clothing.

My step-nephew requested itunes gift cards last year (not a gamer so gamestop wouldn't have worked). He also wanted the "Beats by Dre" headphones (maybe that's what you were thinking of, PollyannaMom?). Those are a wee bit expensive.

But he is into sports so if I didn't have the itunes GC request, I probably would have gone with something related to his favorite sports team or baseball. Even a book of random facts would have worked for him. He spent hours playing with my younger nephew's xmas presents which were simple flashcards for various subjects. His sister would probably love an expensive purse, while he'd be happy with a good quality hat.

Yeah, Beats by Dre are $199. Sometimes you can get them for about $20 off, but that's about it. They have the earbuds, too, but even those are about $150.

How about also getting the brother a watch? You can get a nice sporty-looking watch with a stopwatch, alarm, etc. for a pretty decent price. I doubt he'll worry that it's not a designer watch like his sisters, as long as it looks cool.

How about also getting the brother a watch? You can get a nice sporty-looking watch with a stopwatch, alarm, etc. for a pretty decent price. I doubt he'll worry that it's not a designer watch like his sisters, as long as it looks cool.

I think getting him a watch too is a great idea!

Good idea! Any recommendations?

A watch isn't a bad idea. Timex ironman is good as are the ones with a NATO styl band.

Another suggestion. Almost all teenage boys like hoodies. Under Armor is the big name but lots of other brands and school logo hoodies are also popular and can be had fairly cheaply.

Try JCP online for a Hoodie Buddie. It is a hoodie with ear buds in the strings. My teen kids like them so this year we got them for DH's nieces and nephews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter